Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now

BONES:
    crayphile:

I am going for Frozen White and ceramics if I am given an allocation. Still a bit shocked by the price - more than a Carrera S.

@RC do you have a photo of the matt gold calipers - do the match the colour of the alloys?

Crayphile-  Here are some pictures( link)  of the gold bronze wheels against the gold calipers  The wheels are from the M3 competition , but the finish is the same

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1988694

This does not look good. Smiley

If you go with bronze wheels, calipers should be black IMO.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Bronze wheels and black calipers look best on a white car.

I chose the red calipers to give my black CS a little bit of a color contrast.

Also, I had no choice anyway…the ceramic brake is available with gold or red calipers only.

More than 12.5 kg lower unsprung weight…I had to order it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

A reminder guys: Once the reviews of the CS kick in, the car will be difficult to order.

BMW has limited production capabilities for the CS, even if they make it for 12 months.

I also heard from my dealer (not sure if true) that BMW needs to plan ahead for the production slots (carbon fibre engine bonnet, other CS specific parts,  titanium exhaust, etc.), so they probably won’t be accepting new orders past the middle of the year (June). Caution!

Of course if demand is extremely high, this could end faster.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC,

don't get into the marketing BS. they will produce as many as they can, they are in the business for profit. 3 Series is a mass produced car as well as M3. PAG can build thousands and thousands of GT cars, for BMW it is even easier and faster!

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Cayenne Coupe Turbo 2020

RC:

I am a little bit disappointed with what BMW did with the CS though:

Rear seats: They should have been optional and definitely bucket seats similar to the M5 CS. BMW claims they wanted to maintain the rear seat comfort because many M3 owners appreciate it but then, why did they remove the A/C vents and control unit from the rear? Makes no sense at all.

Sound Insulation: It seems that BMW hasn’t removed any sound insulation material from the CS. Why? Makes no sense. Whoever buys a CS doesn’t care about driving noise insulation. To make things even weirder: BMW offers optional sound insulation windows. Seriously?!

Rear lights: I get it, a different rear light design would have been too expensive but what about…darker rear lights?!

Front lights: Shadowline front lights (darker front lights) not available with the yellow “icon” lights. Why? Adaptation should have been possible in a way or another but I guess they didn’t even try.

Bucket seats: Why not use the lighter ones from the CSL? Cost difference would have been minimal. Comfort again?!

Overall, I think that BMW could have made the CS at least 50 kg lighter if they tried harder and this sucks.

With ceramic brakes, you get a total weight reduction of maybe 35 kg if you‘re lucky, not very impressive.

That’s a pretty long list of complaints for a car you haven’t picked up yet. We usually don’t see this till the 12 month mark when a more powerful version comes out Smiley

BONES:
    crayphile:

I am going for Frozen White and ceramics if I am given an allocation. Still a bit shocked by the price - more than a Carrera S.

@RC do you have a photo of the matt gold calipers - do the match the colour of the alloys?

Crayphile-  Here are some pictures( link)  of the gold bronze wheels against the gold calipers  The wheels are from the M3 competition , but the finish is the same

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1988694

Thank you - that is very helpful. I am getting up the BMW learning curve fast!

the-missile:

RC,

don't get into the marketing BS. they will produce as many as they can, they are in the business for profit. 3 Series is a mass produced car as well as M3. PAG can build thousands and thousands of GT cars, for BMW it is even easier and faster!

Correct @ the-missie. However , @RC's point is also very pertinent regarding component supply - that is why BMW is using to lock in specs asap.

explanation is not very complicated regarding the specification locked very quickly, there are not too many options so you can move on very fast with suppliers group orders against PAG having a gazilion possibilities so taking much more time to raise acceptable order with supplier to reach minimum supply.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Cayenne Coupe Turbo 2020

RC:

Also, I had no choice anyway…the ceramic brake is available with gold or red calipers only.

I partially agree about the colour. If you go for a neutral colour like black or white, multi-coloured calipers might work, but I would never go for gold over bronze. If the paint on the car itself is colourful, I would suggest either matching the paint colour (but precisely!) or playing it safe and going black.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

the-missile:

RC,

Yeah, sure...I don't have a clue about productions, I fall for marketing BS. Smiley

BMW has limited capacities for the M3 CS because the engine bonnet, the titanium exhaust, the CS interior parts (carbon console, etc.) and other CS specific parts are from small suppliers and BMW needs to know by June how many cars will be produced, so they can pre-order the necessary amount of supplier parts. So far they are expecting 1000 cars but of course it will probably something closer to 2000 or so. To make sure they can make these cars, they need to know exactly how many orders are in. I would be very surprised if you can order a CS to specs after July...

--

Rossi:
    RC:

I partially agree about the colour. If you go for a neutral colour like black or white, multi-coloured calipers might work, but I would never go for gold over bronze. If the paint on the car itself is colourful, I would suggest either matching the paint colour (but precisely!) or playing it safe and going black.

The only choice with the ceramic brake is to go bronze/gold or black/gold or black/red. Smiley  Bronze/gold is not a good combo indeed. I wanted to choose black/red first, maybe even black/gold (it was my third choice) but I think that a completely black car needs a bit of color and bronze wheels are just perfect.

--

Read today in another car forum that the Nordic/Baltic States allocation is only 85 cars.

--

M3 CS is now on display at the BMW World in Munich.

cs1.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    01-02-_2023_11-04-09.jpg

--

2023-BMW-M3-CS-G80-Frozen-Solid-White-Live-Fotos-BMW-Welt-21.jpg
    2023-BMW-M3-CS-G80-Frozen-Solid-White-Live-Fotos-BMW-Welt-26.jpg
    2023-BMW-M3-CS-G80-Frozen-Solid-White-Live-Fotos-BMW-Welt-12.jpg
    2023-BMW-M3-CS-G80-Frozen-Solid-White-Live-Fotos-BMW-Welt-18.jpg

--

RC:

M3 CS is now on display at the BMW World in Munich.

cs1.jpg

Love the wheel, both design and color

A little bit more (interesting or not) information:

I had to sign an addendum to the order that I will keep the car for at least 6 months and that the car will be registered to my name by my dealership only. They want to prevent speculation with the car (not sure how binding this is but I cannot get the car from the dealership without registering it to my name first, only “approved” collectors will be able to get the car without registration).

I found a Facebook post in a German BMW car group saying that one of the members tried yesterday to get information about the M3 CS at the BMW dealership in Munich and they told him “sorry, sold out”. 👀🤷🏻‍♂️He was quite frustrated.

Today I received my order confirmation from my dealership and the BMW order number, so my order is locked in and I definitely get a car. However, BMW still needs time to assess production planning, so there is no production date set. 

Only thing my dealer estimates is that it will be sometimes between March and June. 😛🤷🏻‍♂️ Very helpful.

My dealer expects a production date in about a week or so…

He didn’t want to tell me how many allocations they got (it is a big dealership with many dependencies) but he told me that all allocations they had so far, are gone and that they weren’t many. It is however possible that BMW will reassess and offer more allocations later on.

Just thought this is interesting for you guys…

--

Thanks @RC. Good to know.

Not sure if you’ve already seen this video:

https://youtu.be/dFf8AdLwxyQ

Also check out liberiumphotography on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn6cXhLrA5L/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

--

M3 CS at BMW UK HQ

106.JPG
    105.JPG
    103.JPG
    102.JPG

--

OK, it seems that in the US, all orders were locked in last Tuesday, meaning that the only chance to get a car is to get one pre-configured and ordered by a dealer. Currently, most US dealers are asking 20k USD over MSRP. 
    Not sure if this is correct, this is what a dealer claims on a US car forum.

--

More info: US BMW dealers were allocated each one car, orders had to be locked in last Tuesday.

There are 367 BMW dealerships in the USA.

It is not excluded that more cars will be allocated if demand is high.

The M3 CS allocations have nothing to do with the usual M3 Competition allocations, they start in March (new MY, the M3 CS is also MY 2024).

--

Just heard today from a BMW guy directly from the factory that final allocations haven't been established yet, so everything is speculation so far. In general, he thinks that each dealer in Germany should be able to secure at least one car if the dealership wants to, this is all he can say. International allocations aren't final either, BMW just seems to urge dealers, especially in North America to lock in orders, so they can assess and free the necessary allocations or even more.

So we need to wait and see. No word about how many cars will be produced but capacity is not only limited by time period but capacity at suppliers(!) as well. So somewhere between 1000 and 2000 cars in his opinion(!). 

--

css2.jpg
    css3.jpg
    css4.jpg

--

I still think black is the better spec. The racing stripe look is too Fast & Furious for me on a car that's not track focused. 

Enmanuel:

I still think black is the better spec. The racing stripe look is too Fast & Furious for me on a car that's not track focused. 

Smiley I ordered the black spec anyway...I like it a lot. I wish I could order the bonnet without any paint but this isn't possible (I tried Smiley). Still cannot decide on the tire choice: Cup 2 or PZero Corsa (maybe Pilot Sport 4S). I know that the Cup 2 is the best choice but I drive a lot in rain and during cold days, so maybe not the smartest thing to do. BMW offered even the Cup 2 R as a no cost option if I pick up the car in Munich but the R is a total no go for me and street usage.

--

Cup2 make no sense in continental climate, if the car will be used only on open roads. 
    10% of the time you will be happier to have them, 40% of the time you ll regret them, 50% of the time it will make no difference 

Gnil:

Cup2 make no sense in continental climate, if the car will be used only on open roads. 
    10% of the time you will be happier to have them, 40% of the time you ll regret them, 50% of the time it will make no difference 

Thanks, I thought so. Had the Cup 2 on my R8 and it wasn’t what I expected for a road tire. I’m much happier with the PZero Corsa on my Performante. kiss

Too cold most of the time and in summer, roads are covered with dust and pollen.

--

Latest update on production numbers: BMW has apparently planned 200 cars for the German market, production dates should be available soon (latest mid of February). This is Germany only and this is the first planning stage, it can change slightly (not by much though) along the way if demand is strong.

North American market gets most cars (sorry, German source didn’t have any precise number).

--

Video not that great and in Germany but maybe interesting to some people:

(1) Der neue BMW M3 CS (2023) I Was ist eure Meinung?

Around the end of the video, she starts the engine and you hear the exhaust (cold start but still not bad).

--

OK, the one car per dealer in the US seems to be true. A friend in the US who decided he wants one now (not that I haven't told him to hurry up two weeks ago yes) got this very same information from five(!) BMW dealerships he went to. One dealer offered his only car for a 20k markup or "negotiable" if he buys another BMW. angry Funny: He found a M4 CSL, new (but registered to the dealership) also for a 20k markup. Almost pulled the trigger but car was sold a few hours later anyway (he wanted to see it again and it was gone).

One dealer told him that his contact in Germany told him that BMW doesn't plan to build more than 1500 cars in total because other "limited editions" are coming as well. Also, he told him that the M3 CS won't be built for a year but from March to December only. Weird.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777003 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441627 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262743 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260899 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85159 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5547 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880604 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815804 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM