Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New BMW M3 CS pics leaked

F9DB5746-66D4-4899-A5DA-4FB8B242E852.jpeg FF642B27-B0C4-4010-A5F1-520DC0573371.jpeg 6E0493B7-0E58-4BE8-B353-548F3247C875.jpeg 85DF19A6-3660-4C8E-B0FF-E3D81A3AB2B2.jpeg Enjoy. 🤗

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Re: New BMW M3 CS pics leaked

CLS bucket seats.

74C7CE58-B984-4FE8-A871-3A3570AA6BF1.jpeg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Rumored specs:

550 hp, 650 Nm torque, around 60 kg less weight, AWD, automatic transmission with improved and faster shift times than any DSG ever used on a BMW, carbon front hood (carbon roof is standard anyway), CSL carbon bucket seats, increased turbo boost pressure and a few cooling system improvements, chassis improvements incl. 8 mm lowering, CSL titanium exhaust, 45% reduced drag in the front due to new CSL front, 20% more downforce in the rear, Michelin Cup2 tires standard (Pilot 4S optional), 0-100 kph in 3.2 seconds, top speed 305 kph, 100-200 kph under 7 seconds, ceramic brake (not sure if standard).

This is basically a M4 CSL in the body of the M3.

--

To each his own but IMO it looks so overdone and awful both inside and out.  Compare this with the looks of the E46 CSL and it's hard not to laugh.  Performance is obviously great but I couldn't get past the visual gimmicks.

the front facia looks horrible. angry

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Cayenne Coupe Turbo 2020

trip:

To each his own but IMO it looks so overdone and awful both inside and out.  Compare this with the looks of the E46 CSL and it's hard not to laugh.  Performance is obviously great but I couldn't get past the visual gimmicks.

I do not like the color and I do not like the contrast of the visible carbon stripes on the front hood and the red liners on the outside black parts but otherwise, I love this car...and yes, I ordered one. Smiley

Perfect daily driver for me, it is a BMW and even if it is a bit on the extreme side, it will be fun to drive. 

BTW: The E46 CSL looks almost like an ordinary M3. Smiley Not a fan and performance/handling-wise, the M3 CS is lightyears ahead. 

--

the-missile:

the front facia looks horrible. angry

I like the front, I saw the M4 CSL live and it is a very good looking car (not a fan of the rear though).

The red lining around the black parts is optional (it is applied after the car is built), it can be removed or (if you know the right people at the factory) not be applied at all.

The only problem for me is the contrast of the visible carbon "stripes" on the hood. Too much. I wanted a white car, so the outside carbon parts are more noticeable but I guess I will try to go for some sorts of matte grey or black instead. Not sure about the first delivery colors though.

Performance is basically at M4 CSL level and even slightly better from a stop because of the AWD.

I plan to install a downpipe for sound but not sure if it is necessary since the titanium exhaust already sounds deeper (and thus gives the sensation it is louder).

The alternative was a GT3 Touring but 50k EUR more? Also, I have a slot for 2024, I decided too late and I don't want to get the GT3 Touring when the facelift is around the corner.

I plan to keep this car for a couple of years (yes, I am going to buy it) and then I guess my son wants it... Smiley

Btw: I really hope that not many people like this car because I want to get one of the first and while dealer promised that I am getting one and that I am on the top of the list, I am not so sure about it. We'll see. Production starts in March and stops in February 2024. 

There is also a strong rumor of a M4 CS but not sure it makes sense. Unless the M3 CS gets 540 hp only, so there would be a gap of 10 hp to the M4 CSL. Then, a M4 CS would maybe make sense.

I still don't know the price tag of the M3 CS. Dealer said that base price would be around 30k EUR higher than the regular M3 Competition xDrive (98k EUR). If the price of the M3 CS exceeds 150k, I will not take it, rather get a M3 Competition xDrive instead and some nice (reliable) tuning to 600 hp, a few chassis mods and downpipe. The S58T engine is tunable up to 800 hp without major issues but a reliable(!) tuning for daily usage and maybe some spirited driving (track/etc.) is around 600 hp, there are offers with TÜV and warranty available from AC Schnitzer and other reputable tuners.

--

I can't get over the looks of that new generation of BMW's. The CSL looks like a cartoon, the old CSL looks distinguished, muscular and ages gracefully. That said, it seems like dynamically they are on a roll with their CS cars, I'm most probably going for an M5 CS to replace the E63. Its looks are a bit more discreet, although ridiculously it's only offered in matte green or dustbin grey which is a total shame imo.

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Congratulations Christian.

The car (I have obviously only driven the M3 Comp) is a very nice car. Well balanced and plenty of power. It will be a great autobahn car kiss

I was not an instant fan of the new "3-front", but with time I have been convinced. In fact I am more torn on the rear diffuser.

Only thing I would encourage you to consider is the seats. I have the foldable bucket seats in my 2018 GT3, and I love them, but the carbon seats in the M3 Comp are far from as comfy and specially getting in and out is a hassle. 

As a last little rant towards M cars, I will never understand all their settings. I feel that everytime I get into one, I need 2 minutes to get the setup as I want it, which I guess you as an owner can overcome with the 2 x M buttons.

I will be looking forward to see your final specs.

Porker:

I can't get over the looks of that new generation of BMW's. The CSL looks like a cartoon, the old CSL looks distinguished, muscular and ages gracefully. That said, it seems like dynamically they are on a roll with their CS cars, I'm most probably going for an M5 CS to replace the E63. Its looks are a bit more discreet, although ridiculously it's only offered in matte green or dustbin grey which is a total shame imo.

I drove the M5 CS because this is the initial car I wanted, found one basically new with 50 km at a German BMW dealer for 189k EUR. I drove the dealership's manager personal car (he had already 7000 km in the M5 CS) and it is a wonderful car, it feels amazing, the steering is amazing, the car feels lighter and smaller than it is. I loved it.
    One big problem though: The interior felt outdated. The entertainment system felt outdated. I just couldn't get over it. Also, the car looks (doesn't feel) huge!

So I looked at the M3 Competition xDrive, drove one and fell in love. Amazing steering (really really good, similar to Porsche in my opinion). Then I found out about the M3 CS and I went for it.

Yes, the new M4 CS looks a bit cartoonish but then, again, look at the new GT3 RS...Smiley

I think that the US and other markets are demanding more flashy cars and manufacturers give them what they want.

I've seen a M4 CSL in matte black and this car looks really great, nothing cartoonish about it at all. The visible carbon "stripes" on the front hood are a matter of taste (I do NOT like them) but this can be made better by choosing a darker color. Everything else is necessary, the new front (spoiler) reduces drag by 45%, this is a lot.

I absolutely love the interior of the M3 CS and the entertainment system with OS8. The update to OS9 (and full Android integration, you can even play games and run Android apps) will also be available to this car. The M5 CS was running on OS 7 (I have this in my Z4 M40i) and it is OK but outdated I'm afraid. I also cannot believe how amazing the M5 CS and M3 Competition xDrive steering is and how crappy the Z4 steering feels (very numb, even if the car is very nimble). 

--

tso:

Congratulations Christian.

The car (I have obviously only driven the M3 Comp) is a very nice car. Well balanced and plenty of power. It will be a great autobahn car kiss

I was not an instant fan of the new "3-front", but with time I have been convinced. In fact I am more torn on the rear diffuser.

Only thing I would encourage you to consider is the seats. I have the foldable bucket seats in my 2018 GT3, and I love them, but the carbon seats in the M3 Comp are far from as comfy and specially getting in and out is a hassle. 

As a last little rant towards M cars, I will never understand all their settings. I feel that everytime I get into one, I need 2 minutes to get the setup as I want it, which I guess you as an owner can overcome with the 2 x M buttons.

I will be looking forward to see your final specs.

Thank you. The bucket seats are a must for me, I love them. Also, the M3 CS has the CSL carbon buckets, not the M3 Competition bucket seats. They are not only lighter but also a little bit less comfortable. I talked to Gercollector (Michi) about the seats in his CSL and yes, they are quite hard but he likes them. I wouldn't want the car without these seats.

Speaking of a nice Autobahn car: Rumors indicate that the M3 CS did the Nordschleife in under 7:20 (faster than the CSL Smiley), so I wouldn't exactly call it an Autobahn car... Smiley

--

RC:
    Porker:

I drove the M5 CS because this is the initial car I wanted, found one basically new with 50 km at a German BMW dealer for 189k EUR. I drove the dealership's manager personal car (he had already 7000 km in the M5 CS) and it is a wonderful car, it feels amazing, the steering is amazing, the car feels lighter and smaller than it is. I loved it.
    One big problem though: The interior felt outdated. The entertainment system felt outdated. I just couldn't get over it. Also, the car looks (doesn't feel) huge!

So I looked at the M3 Competition xDrive, drove one and fell in love. Amazing steering (really really good, similar to Porsche in my opinion). Then I found out about the M3 CS and I went for it.

Yes, the new M4 CS looks a bit cartoonish but then, again, look at the new GT3 RS...Smiley

I think that the US and other markets are demanding more flashy cars and manufacturers give them what they want.

I've seen a M4 CSL in matte black and this car looks really great, nothing cartoonish about it at all. The visible carbon "stripes" on the front hood are a matter of taste (I do NOT like them) but this can be made better by choosing a darker color. Everything else is necessary, the new front (spoiler) reduces drag by 45%, this is a lot.

I absolutely love the interior of the M3 CS and the entertainment system with OS8. The update to OS9 (and full Android integration, you can even play games and run Android apps) will also be available to this car. The M5 CS was running on OS 7 (I have this in my Z4 M40i) and it is OK but outdated I'm afraid. I also cannot believe how amazing the M5 CS and M3 Competition xDrive steering is and how crappy the Z4 steering feels (very numb, even if the car is very nimble). 

Agree on the interior, but I'm not much of a gadget freak so that doesn't bother me. The fact that the exterior looks a bit dated is a plus for me.

In CH-market there's quite a lot available for such a small market, for 170k CHF you have a new one, 160k with a few miles. I just wish they made a Kombi-version of it. Smiley 

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

A M5 CS station wagon would have been an amazing product I think. Smiley

Yes, I am a gadget fan but I am not ready for an EV...yet. Smiley

--

RC:
     do not like the color and I do not like the contrast of the visible carbon stripes on the front hood and the red liners on the outside black parts but otherwise, I love this car...and yes, I ordered one. Smiley

Perfect daily driver for me, it is a BMW and even if it is a bit on the extreme side, it will be fun to drive. 

`Congratulations. Is it a limited series like the M4 CSL or can I get one?

crayphile:
    RC:
     do not like the color and I do not like the contrast of the visible carbon stripes on the front hood and the red liners on the outside black parts but otherwise, I love this car...and yes, I ordered one. Smiley

CS afaik is never a limited series. 

--

I am debating getting one of these without all the weird black and red stripping’s etc. or I may just get the M2 which is prob 50% less. Would make a great run around car. 

--

2022 992 GT3. 2022 Taycan Turbo. 2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance. Defender 90 X-Dynamic 2020 Mclaren 720S Coupe 🥳

Too bad they don't offer a Manual, like on the 3.0 CSL (apparently made to work with the extra power/torque in that model)...

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.9L Twin-Plug MFI Carbon Fiber replica. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi, 06 EVO9 with track mods

crayphile:
    RC:

Thank you. SmileySmiley 

Only limited by production period (from March 2023 to February 2024).
    Since I assume you want a right hand drive one, maybe you shouldn't wait too long with an order if you really want one.

I have to make a small correction: The bucket seats are not the CSL seats (only look similar). 
    There is also apparently an A/C delete option (not sure about it, there is a pic where the standard A/C control unit is missing), maybe even a rear seats delete option (not sure either).

Ceramic brake could be optional, not standard.

Car will be presented in Daytona end of January, production starts in March.
    --

Agreed, I have the same reason...great daily fun car. Smiley Same here, the black carbon "stripes" and the red liners are a bit too much for my taste. Not so sure about the M2, it looks much better in real life (I saw a black one only though) but the car is heavy and performance is not too impressive, although I can see the attraction of the S58 engine in the smaller M2. Smiley

A M2 CS has been rumored as well, so maybe an alternative for the M3 CS? Smiley

--

OK, this pic confirms it...ceramic brake is not standard.

19-01-_2023_17-41-58.jpg

--

Grant:

Too bad they don't offer a Manual, like on the 3.0 CSL (apparently made to work with the extra power/torque in that model)...

This is why I find the M2 more attractive than the M3 CSL - manual transmission in the States.  I must agree with Christian that the M3 CSL looks much better at the rear than the M4, which, for some reason, appears too feminine for my tastes.  This being written, whilst the M5 CS is an amazing automobile, it appears much too ordinary on the street.  The Audi RS7, for example exudes power, with the M5 CS looking too much like the average 5-series.  

I have to correct myself, the red calipers on the one pic don’t mean that the ceramic brake is optional because the CSL has red calipers and a ceramic brake system.

I still believe it will be optional though on the M3 CS.

--

CGX car nut:
    Grant:

This being written, whilst the M5 CS is an amazing automobile, it appears much too ordinary on the street.  The Audi RS7, for example exudes power, with the M5 CS looking too much like the average 5-series.  

I find that rather an advantage on a daily.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690698 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409906 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256103 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235345 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65728 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858655 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774859 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM