Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: GT4RS

Love the wheels and the color of the wheels. Perhaps time to consider a set for the GT3 in that color. 

Gnil:

Nice. Needs a swap of the side blinkers. 

On my 4RS they can't manage to make the Porsche connect work. Now they ask me to leave the car for 2 or 3 days. Won't do that unless there is other work to do. 

Mine didn't work either and I had to leave the car with them for an hour or two. 2 or 3 days seems a bit long.

Btw I didn't get any photo of my car on the production line and I wanted one very much. I have tried multiple times with the help of my dealer but in vain.

Is the color Viola? At least that would currently be my color of choice. It looks great!

Gauss:
    Gnil:

On my 4RS they can't manage to make the Porsche connect work. Now they ask me to leave the car for 2 or 3 days. Won't do that unless there is other work to do. 

Mine didn't work either and I had to leave the car with them for an hour or two. 2 or 3 days seems a bit long.

They have tried once when I had the car there. The problem seems to come from Vodafone, impossible to activate the account. I agree 2 or 3 days is ridiculous. But they say : just in case we.  As I said, I won't do that as the Porsche connect is not something I will use.  I am also putting  the car to sleep for the winter this week, so impossible anyway to drive it until spring. 

Gauss:

Btw I didn't get any photo of my car on the production line and I wanted one very much. I have tried multiple times with the help of my dealer but in vain.

Did your car order showed up in your MyPorsche portal? Like did you get step by step updates for the whole process? The pics will show up in step 3, after the car completed production. 

but the pics will disappear once the car is prep by the dealer. Weird way for Porsche to do things.

--

Josef:

Is the color Viola? At least that would currently be my color of choice. It looks great!

Yes that's viola metallic. 

I did thought about maritime blue but still ended up with viola metallic. wanted a darker colour.

--

Gnil:

The clear ones will go on at my dealer when they do PDI.

Porsche had 2 different apps. The old Porsche Connect, which uses Vodafone as the contractor, and the new My Porsche app, which they themselves do the billing. 

Porsche had retired Porsche Connect app already, my older cars were on that but now all have migrated to My Porsche. 

--

For those of you that have driven GT4rs and have/had a 991.2 GT3rs, how would you compare the two?  And which would you keep, if could only have one in the garage?

Whoopsy:
    Josef:

I did thought about maritime blue but still ended up with viola metallic. wanted a darker colour.

I'm a sucker for Viola cars with bronce wheels. Smiley

Well done Whoopsy, looks fantastic. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Whoopsy:
    Josef:

I'm a sucker for Viola cars with bronce wheels. Smiley

Well done Whoopsy, looks fantastic. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

If nothing fucked up it should have yellow stitchings inside too haha. 

--

ksdaoski27:

For those of you that have driven GT4rs and have/had a 991.2 GT3rs, how would you compare the two?  And which would you keep, if could only have one in the garage?

I have owned both. 

Outside of the track the 4RS gives more sensations as it is smaller, less planted, chassis is more lively and the sound is right there screaming in your ears. You don't have to be at crazy speeds to feel the beast.

3RS is more mature, but request higher speeds to start sweating a bit. On the track it is king as higher speed trough corners is possible due to more down force, larger tire. 

Some like the mid engine layout better as the car just twists around it s center, the 4RS does that incredibly well. But others like the ''heavy'' back better and Porsche has made the 911 layout evolve over decades to become a master piece. 

4RS is more nervous, generous . 3RS is more settled, serious. It is a mature car that feels one grade above. 

Engine is basically the same . Feels the same. Fantastic in both cars. 

Both provide fantastic pleasure. But each in their own area .

And then there is the esthetics. Very personal.

I like the 4RS better on public roads, liked the 3RS better on track. I take the 4RS very regularly for spirited drives. Had nearly stopped with the 3RS to just mainly use it to get to and on the tracks. 

Very difficult to choose one over the other. Keeping novelty , exclusivity aside. I would probably keep the 3RS because I like it better esthetically and just love the rear end engine. 

But ideally would have both as they fulfill different needs to me. 

Whoopsy:
    Gauss:

Did your car order showed up in your MyPorsche portal? Like did you get step by step updates for the whole process? The pics will show up in step 3, after the car completed production. 

but the pics will disappear once the car is prep by the dealer. Weird way for Porsche to do things.
    --

No, my car never showed up on that portal. I called MyPorsche helpline a couple of times who told me that my salesman had to activate it somehow with a code? But he didn't manage to, and when asked, he told me that he had asked Porsche but wasn't given an answer...after a few more attempts, I let it go, but still sad that I didn't get that photo (there are 4 in total, I think).

Gauss:
    Whoopsy:
    Gauss:

--

No, my car never showed up on that portal. I called MyPorsche helpline a couple of times who told me that my salesman had to activate it somehow with a code? But he didn't manage to, and when asked, he told me that he had asked Porsche but wasn't given an answer...after a few more attempts, I let it go, but still sad that I didn't get that photo (there are 4 in total, I think).

So basically your salesman never properly entered your order into the system to start off with. That's why it never showed up on your portal. Do you see your car on the portal now? Or still no? Go bug him again to get the car into the system under your name. 

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 5.11.55 PM.png

Once it's on the portal, you should be able to see the pics from the bottom of the page with the view story of production section.

But I am not sure if it works or not if you manually add the car via VIN number. All my new cars was added automatically, the older ones that was associated with Porsche Connect and I had to manually add them they don't have pic, but then again back then Porsche didn't have the picture feature yet.

--

Gauss:
    Whoopsy:
    Gauss:

--

Here is something I just learn from Rennlist.

802637d1_6d6f_45eb_8bde_330cc2324b1d_524ad49d71d2d6af64c2d98c0ab0c74c0d974124.jpeg

Not sure if it works for you as your car isn't showing up at My Porsche yet. 

--

Same for me as for Gauss. Nothing on my app . No photos during production.  The car is registered on it, but nothing else. 

Thanks Whoopsy, but I don't have this option on my page, I see this:

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 19.35.03.png

Hmm. Is your car listed on your portal? Perhaps try that inspect element thing and see if you can locate the pics on Porsche's server.

--

heard that apparently a GT3ST is coming 

BjoernB:

heard that apparently a GT3ST is coming 

Porsche 911 ST Naturally Aspirated Flat-Six with Manual Gearbox...  E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

...turn up the volume! Smiley

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwRHad8shkE

Smiley

As I'm having a bit time at hand due to being paid not to go to work I was again at the Ring during the last NLS race of the season. This time I had the chance to drive the Cayman GT4RS in the racing version toned down to 450hp to fit into the respective class. The last time I drove a Cayman in anger was in 2016 in Spa during the Porsche Sportscup races albeit with a Clubsport model with the 385hp engine.

In the beginning to get to grips with it as it was wet and slippery I limited myself to "Kurzanbindung" of the GP track without the Nordschleife as I haven't driven the Ring for 6 years. Already in the first lap I had to take the emergency exit at the Mühlenbach Schleife and in the second lap I almost spun, luckily the car has adjustable traction control and ABS so that probably saved me but there was just no grip and my reflexes are very much trained to the 911 characteristics. After a while I got the hang of it and especially after changing the rake (lowered it at the back) and some new tires the car felt very nimble and I also found grip/traction so I dared to go out on to the Nordschleife. As it was the test day before the last race I almost had the track to myself. This helped my confidence a lot though through the very fast section like Schwedenkreuz, Mutkurve I took it easy. Interestingly the race car does not have that loud intake noise like the road car and as the engine is so much closer to you than in the 911 it sounds much more mechanical in the Cayman. In the end I even could stay in the slipstream of an AMG GT3 on the Döttinger Höhe straight, hitting 266km/h in the wet but did not dare then to take Antoniusbuche flat out, lifted and got through it at 240 which felt plenty fast enough on a wet track.

I like the car and would need again more seat time to get used to the mid engine driving dynamics. In 2016 in Spa I got really the hang out of it and loved it. I personally think I still prefer the rear engined driving dynamics on track but as a road car, the Cayman GT4RS is surely great as I love to drive my friends first gen Cayman GT4 very much on the road. But it's horses for courses, you cannot go wrong with either car.

64757778-1367-4598-B317-6D8BEB14A17D.jpeg
    2E22F0D3-8FB8-48B7-84F3-DF35F7DF3A97.jpeg
    F7F80D3F-4CEF-4CFD-97E7-7A6160F6620D.jpeg
    1D1315F1-D4F1-424A-89D3-59381D9F5288.jpeg
    694A5479-CFCB-4F50-AD2E-8C1C72572253.jpeg
    26023890-B079-426B-A59C-4D6FD83E78D8.jpeg
    74154622-8159-4AB0-9A01-76B75AE6D042.jpeg
    E8AC5DB5-A47D-4706-8073-44ECC1283F87.jpeg
    75A0EA27-29F4-4915-90F9-6F96044D5AC1.jpeg

Very cool - thanks for the report kiss

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

I conclure with you about the dynamics and preferences on/off the track. 

Seasons Greetings, everyone!

Received this 'proof of life' photo a few weeks ago... any thoughts on how to find one of the completed car, as some have posted? BTW, it has been sitting at the Emden port for four weeks already!

GT4 RS.jpg

A friend, who's also interested in upgrading to the small MR kit (with different strut bearings for more camber), has just received the following message from Manthey:

"Unfortunately, the upgrade kit is currently not available, and we do not yet know if and when availability will be restored"

surprise

Do we know the reason ? I had planed to do that mod next time I am at the Ring. The car does need more camber when doing track days. 

Gnil:

Do we know the reason ? I had planed to do that mod next time I am at the Ring. The car does need more camber when doing track days. 

No, but I suspect supply chain problems? I also wanted this kit. I wanted to wait until May specifically because it was said it should then receive the Approved warranty.

Gauss:
    Gnil:

No, but I suspect supply chain problems? I also wanted this kit. I wanted to wait until May specifically because it was said it should then receive the Approved warranty.

I can't imagine it will not come back !

The full  MR kit is on it's way. Hard to believe it will not be offered . They will find a solution 

I hope it's not a repost, the price of the big upgrade is going to be 39.718 € (net of tax). Hefty price if you compare it to the base price of the 4RS.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    662002 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401134 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254588 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229154 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59509 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4378 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853479 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761775 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM