Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: AMG GT R

2018 Mercedes-AMG GT R: 9 things that get completely out of hand

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1104696_2018-mercedes-amg-gt-r-9-things-that-get-completely-out-of-hand

So how much will this cost? Color is garbage, but front grill from the GT3 is nice. Unfortunately I have a feeling it will cost a fortune for what it is. High-end AMG cars are always ridiculously priced.

noone1:

So how much will this cost? Color is garbage, but front grill from the GT3 is nice. Unfortunately I have a feeling it will cost a fortune for what it is. High-end AMG cars are always ridiculously priced.

Rumor is around 175-180k EUR in Germany, incl. 19% VAT. 

The AMG GT S has a 135k EUR base price if I remember correctly.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    noone1:

Rumor is around 175-180k EUR in Germany, incl. 19% VAT. 

The AMG GT S has a 135k EUR base price if I remember correctly.

If the performance difference is something like 1 ~ 2 seconds (Turbo vs Turbo S) then I'd call it a ripoff and wait for 991.2 GT3 (assuming all the electrical gremlins been sorted out including the robust engine that's supposed to evolve instead of dissolve e.g. 991.1) Smiley

AMG GTR with its turbocharged engine sounds a lot nicer than 488 GTB / McLaren 5xx + 6xx and 911 TT.

Everything else seems 'still in progress' I hope it's not another let down like the standard GT, that gets annihilated by a 911 C2S around the track(s) Smiley

Supertest results will clear up all the doubts.....

AMG quotes  N Ring time around 7:20 for the GTR

http://gtspirit.com/2016/06/27/first-impression-mercedes-amg-gt-r/

Mercedes-Benz has announced that the entry-level price for its new Porsche 911-rivalling AMG GT will sticker for $112,125, a hefty premium over the 911 S, which originates just across town in Stuttgart, Germany.

By comparison, the 911 S stickers for $104,450, though direct comparisons aren't that easy to make between the two.

I wouldn't call $8K a hefty premium, especially know what Porsche option prices are like.

AMG options aren't cheap either.

AMG options come in packages, while Porsche concentrates to charge you for every simple nonsense and ridiculous option which should be standard for what they're asking for with 2 missing cylinders out of the engine, and the very very strict and limited warranty (2~3 years depending on region & 4 years for USA + certain mileage) have they added service contract yet ? or is it still 'under consideration' ? not so confident with their engine reliability I presume

Mercedes recalls AMG GT S over carbon fiber driveshaft issue 

A potentially faulty carbon fiber driveshaft has prompted Mercedes-Benz's AMG unit to recall the GT S sports car. 
    The recall covers just 135 examples of the GT S built between June 1 and July 24 of last year and the company has issued a stop sale to prevent dealers from delivering any affected AMG GT S coupes that happen to be in inventory at the moment. 

According to Mercedes, "the bond between the carbon fiber driveshaft and the engine/transmission flange" is insufficient. In a worst case scenario, this means that the driveshaft might separate from the flange and spin, resulting in the engine and the transmission no longer having a direct connection. Power would be lost in this situation, which could lead to a wreck.

Mercedes says that it hasn't received any reports of deaths or injuries from the faulty carbon fiber driveshafts but that it will inspect and potentially replace the entire carbon fiber driveshaft if it deems that move necessary. 
    The recall is set to begin in early July with letters being sent out to customers within the first week of parts availability. Mercedes says that its dealers can access MB Select funds at their discretion to help ease the burden for owners. MB Select is a program the automaker launched a couple of years ago designed to help improve the automaker's customer service. Dealers can use the funds to give owners gift cards to local restaurants, for instance.
    That said, MB Select probably won't cover giving owners the new, range-topping GT R flagship...but it never hurts to ask. 

My Mercedes sales guy was just at my business and I talked to him about the new AMG GT R. It seems that the price tag of this car will be much lower than many expect. He said something about a base price of 150-160k, not more. This would be a huge surprise.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    His strategy of buying cars is quite clever though: He seems to buy special edition models with limited production numbers. These cars could be worth more than their MSRP at some point. Cayman GT4...675LT Spider...Aston Martin Vantage GT8...AMG GT R...clever.

Btw: Both my wife and daughter dislike Tim Burton (Shmee150), they cannot stand his lisp. Smiley Smiley

To be fair, he did buy an FF, a car's value that drops faster than gravity.

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:
    His strategy of buying cars is quite clever though: He seems to buy special edition models with limited production numbers. These cars could be worth more than their MSRP at some point. Cayman GT4...675LT Spider...Aston Martin Vantage GT8...AMG GT R...clever.

Btw: Both my wife and daughter dislike Tim Burton (Shmee150), they cannot stand his lisp. Smiley Smiley

I watched one of his videos (where he test drives a LT675) - I really ask myself how somebody without any driving skills can do videos like this. Quite embarrassing...

MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:

I watched one of his videos (where he test drives a LT675) - I really ask myself how somebody without any driving skills can do videos like this. Quite embarrassing...

He doesn't have driving background, he got started from filming Dubai cars driving behind Harrods.

--

MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:

Why not? Most cars like this and most cars much more than this are bought and driven by people with no driving skills. Most people who can afford cars like this didn't earn their money in motorsport...

noone1:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:

Why not? Most cars like this and most cars much more than this are bought and driven by people with no driving skills. Most people who can afford cars like this didn't earn their money in motorsport...

The thing is: why would I waste my time listening to someone driving a certain car without any skills to describe or show how it behaves in the relevant dynamic categories? Of course, it might be of interest to give your car to, let's say, your neighbors grandma and here about her driving impressions but to me this is not useful enough to watch it on video...

Markus, his videos are nicely made (I have to give that to him) but they are not made for potential owners or buyers, they are made for his fanbase, younger people who will probably never drive/own such a car.

I respect him for his business model though, he makes money with his hobby...I think. I do not know his family background, so maybe his parents are millionaires and I admire him for nothing.  yes

--

AMG GT C ??

1469492241559image.jpeg

I did see this picture, too. 

But it also doesn't reflect new G-Class. My dealer said, it reflects only things for the first half year 2017. 

Someone informed me that, the GT-R being a regular production model, there will still be an AMG GT Black Series as well? Would this be correct?

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster revealed ahead of Paris debut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=079Y1ZwR0W8

AMG GT Roadster
    469hp
    630Nm @ 1900RPM
    0-100km/h in 4s
    301km/h top speed
    1595kg

AMG GT C Roadster
    547hp
    680Nm @ 1900RPM

0-100km/h in 3.7s
    316km/h top speed
    1660kg
    GT R’s rear wheel steering
    GT R’s electronic locking differential
    wider rear track

Both versions of the new AMG GT Roadster borrow the active air management system from the GT R.
    The fabric roof opens and closes in just eleven seconds, up to speeds of 50km/h.

Love the anmg gt c!
    --

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2014 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab 2014 BMW i3 2017 Porsche Mission E & 991.2 GT3 on order

AMG GT S has surprisingly held it's value in the US from what I can tell. It's probably because there isn't a shitty normal version that looks identical. I expected them to tank and be at least another $20-30K lower than they are.

Wow, looks much much nicer than the coupe especially with the top down. 

Great car. Yes, AMG GT-C in Coupe version is coming in summer 2017 as S model replacement.

It looks good . I like it !

RWS is coming in more and more cars . It does wonders in the Audi Q7 , reviews are praising it in the new Renault Megane , and now AMG is also introducing it . 

In little time, we will see that standard in most cars, as once you have tried it ( I have it in the RS and the Q7 ) and see how beneficial it is, there is no turning back .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

In little time, we will see that standard in most cars, as once you have tried it ( I have it in the RS and the Q7 ) and see how beneficial it is, there is no turning back .

I totally agree - the performance gain is very substantial. The major challenge (for sportscars) is to get the steering feel right, as - of course - RWD requires a completely electrical steering system. This generates some "indirectness" compared to pre-RWD steering technologies.

MKSGR:
    Gnil:

I totally agree - the performance gain is very substantial. The major challenge (for sportscars) is to get the steering feel right, as - of course - RWD requires a completely electrical steering system. This generates some "indirectness" compared to pre-RWD steering technologies.

In the Q7 it is not perfect , and I do get some of that '' indirectness'' , but it is no sports car , and the benefits ( it makes the car feel and drive like a Golf ) outways these imperfections .

In the RS, I have not complaints whatsoever 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

The new Roadster looks great (but I still would want to wait until Mercedes AMG finally gets rid of those ginormous and hideous looking headlights) and the power upgrade, the rear wheel steering and major gearbox shifting speed improvements should give the AMG GT models the necessary push to improve sales numbers. Right now, the AMG GT doesn't seem to be a bestseller in Germany (not sure about other countries), I haven't seen one on the road for months now (last one I saw was actually in Italy...with NL license plates).

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688096 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408510 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255463 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234686 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65314 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857418 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773087 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM