Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F1: European Grand Prix

Just saw Kimi spin off on the last lap in a race he totally dominated.
    Really pi55es me off to see Aloser..sorry Alonso strut his hand in a "four finger salute" after being totally outclassed by Kimi. PFFF!
    This guy should read the manual on "Sportsmanship". He clearly lacks some.
    Surely hope he doesn't win the championship with that attitude.

Funny how Mercedes have F1 cars that keep breaking down, and Ferrari builds F1 cars that seem sturdy and robust. Totally opposite the real world.

Schumi showed us all againg where he belongs...in junior karting.
    When he has the same luck as everyone else he is an average driver at best.

Impressive to see Red Bull kick some serious a55 with inferior cars.
    DC seems to have found his second youth.

Ok, enough disappointment for one sunday. I'm gonna soak up some sun.

Re: F1: European Grand Prix

Whoaaa... hold on there buddy:

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Just saw Kimi spin off on the last lap in a race he totally dominated.

Totally dominated? Sorry, but its not that easy, no matter how faster is the McLaren compared to the compatetion, too many mistakes will make you loose... blocking so much your tires will square them off and hence the result. Early on, De La Rosa (Kimi's teammate) was commenting this in TV, he is blocking his tires too many times and will finish off his front tires, he should pace himself.

Second mistake: Schummi, Alonso, or any other more "thinking driver" would off backed off in the last laps and take second place (Herschfiled was 25 secs back) and at least finish and only loose 2 points, you can'y affort a non-score if you want to win a championship. IMO one of Kimi's worst ran races, its not only about turning fast laps in a fast car.

Quote:
    Really pi55es me off to see Aloser..sorry Alonso strut his hand in a "four finger salute" after being totally outclassed by Kimi. PFFF!
    This guy should read the manual on "Sportsmanship". He clearly lacks some.
    Surely hope he doesn't win the championship with that attitude.

I guess you don't know that Alonso when he wins, he salutes with the number of victories he has. Nothing to do with Kimi. Is he suposed to wear a black suit and keep a mourning for Kimi?

Quote:
    Funny how Mercedes have F1 cars that keep breaking down, and Ferrari builds F1 cars that seem sturdy and robust. Totally opposite the real world.

In this case it wasn't the car's fault, it was driver error that cause squaring of the right front tire to the point that the vibration was beyond the tolerance of the F1 cars suspesnsions and broke. If he would of only paced himself in the last laps, he had the front tire in front of his nose and could feel the tremendous vibrations (we could even see it on TV)...

Quote:
    Schumi showed us all againg where he belongs...in junior karting.
    When he has the same luck as everyone else he is an average driver at best.

What I don't like is what he did at Monaco. He passed his onw brother at the end of the race in a banzai move and then he broke the gentelmens agreement between the teammate drivers of not to force pass your teammate in the last lap in order to avoid a posible crash in the last laps and ruin the teams finish with each other, by passing Bari who wasn't expecting Svhumi to do that. Bari is so pissed that he declared that that is it, no more mr. nice guy in the team, he will from now on race for himself, if he has to pass schimmi in the last lap or not. I'm so glad Bari finished 3rd.

Schumi screwed his own brother (who was also very mad at his brother and said the Michael lost his marvels at Monaco) and then his own teamate who has helped him in countless times, which shows just what kind of a guy he is, he didn't even repent what he did

Carlos from Spain said:
    Schummi, Alonso, or any other more "thinking driver" would off backed off in the last laps and take second place (Herschfiled was 25 secs back) and at least finish and only loose 2 points, you can'y affort a non-score if you want to win a championship. IMO one of Kimi's worst ran races, its not only about turning fast laps in a fast car.

True. Following the "Schumacher school of winning" Kimi should have backed off, tried to run Alonso off the track and ..well, let's be honest: Had the luck Schumacher always used to have.
    Kimi is a true racecar driver, not a sponsored robot in a car - like Schumi or many others. What you are discribing is the exact reason why F1 has been so ]f*cking boring these past years because drivers were mere robots trying to service the interests of the sponsors.
    I hear what ou are saying, and taking the second place would definately have been wiser - but I'm pretty sure Kimi and the team had no idea the car would break down, or he definately wouldn't have driven it like that.

We need a point-system where number one gets 15 points and number 2 gets 8. Then there would be a true incentive to win each race, and not just drive like a girl because you have financial interests to attend to.

Thats why Kimi, Monty and to some degree also Sato, Alonso and DC are fun to watch: They usually wanna WIN...not just get points.

Carlos from Spain said:
    I guess you don't know that Alonso when he wins, he salutes with the number of victories he has. Nothing to do with Kimi. Is he suposed to wear a black suit and keep a mourning for Kimi?

I thought it represented the number of braincells he has.
    When you win a race because of some other driver's bad luck, you don't do a victory display.
    It's the difference between a boxer winning on true knock-out and winning because the other guy trips and falls.
    Sure, it's a win, and sure, it doesnt matter how you won- but if you're a true sportsman you don't run around and act like a number one, when you're really only number two.
    Maybe your sense of sportsmanship is different than mine. At any rate I find it totally immature, unclassy and lacking sportsmanship.

Carlos from Spain said:
    In this case it wasn't the car's fault, it was driver error that cause squaring of the right front tire to the point that the vibration was beyond the tolerance of the F1 cars suspesnsions and broke. If he would of only paced himself in the last laps, he had the front tire in front of his nose and could feel the tremendous vibrations (we could even see it on TV)...

True, he made two mistakes and yes his tires were slicked. But strange that the whole front suspension broke down due to the vibrations that didnt seem THAT bad..and how odd it happende on the last lap....... go figure.

Carlos from Spain said:
    Schumi screwed his own brother (who was also very mad at his brother and said the Michael lost his marvels at Monaco) and then his own teamate who has helped him in countless times, which shows just what kind of a guy he is, he didn't even repent what he did

Schumi is an a-hole. Plain and simple. He's a disgrace to motorsport and a really bad rolemodel for younger drivers. I can't wait for him to retire..one way or the other.

> Funny how Mercedes have F1 cars that keep breaking down, and Ferrari builds F1 cars that seem sturdy and robust. Totally opposite the real world.

Really... you are obviously unaware of the real world with Mercedes recalling for ONE campaign over 1.3million vehicles. Which explains why Jürgen Hubbert was not in the Mercedes box this year round....

Obviously you have some sort of chip on your shoulder so will assume you are a Porker driver :-)

Quote:
    thebimbo said:
    You are obviously unaware of the real world with Mercedes recalling for ONE campaign over 1.3million vehicles. Which explains why Jürgen Hubbert was not in the Mercedes box this year round....

Yes, you are right. I didn't know. Thanks for informing me.
    Why were they recalled?

Obviously you have some sort of chip on your shoulder so will assume you are a Porker driver :-)

Dearest Bimbo. I don't really have a chip on my shoulder.
    F-cars are nice, just not exactly know for being well-built, are they?
    Haven't heard about a single Ferrari with more than 35000 km on the clock.
    I assume that's not a testiment to peoples willingness to drive them, since they are great fun and drive splendidly.
    As for my own "Porker" it came out as number one in the lastest TÛV survey.

On a different subject, I think it's interesting that someone like yourself starts calling others "Porker drivers" after only 6 posts.
    If you wanna talk to me, I suggest using a slightly more amicable tone.
    I can respect you disagree with my POVs, but I can't respect being called derogatory names.
    "Are you a Fettuchini-driver?" Doesn't sound too nice, does it?

Peace.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Kimi is a true racecar driver, not a sponsored robot in a car - like Schumi or many others. What you are discribing is the exact reason why F1 has been so [Email]f@cking[/Email] boring these past years because drivers were mere robots trying to service the interests of the sponsors.

Sponsors? its a championship! thats the point, to win the championship. Ask yourself a little quiestion, what do the biggest drivers (car or bike) in history have in common? they were not only fast when need be, but what sepearetd them from the bunch is how smart/wise they were when racing. The easy thing to do is to put the pedal to the metal from start to finish whatever the circumstances... thats what a robot really is becuase they can't think and plan.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:I hear what ou are saying, and taking the second place would definately have been wiser - but I'm pretty sure Kimi and the team had no idea the car would break down, or he definately wouldn't have driven it like that.

Did you see the wheel in the last laps? did you see the TV coverage focusing on the front tire? even De La Rosa was saying that he should be pacing himself or he may bust before the finish, that the pitbox must be telling him to do so since he has a great lead. He took a gamble and they lost. He ruined the tire and then didn't resign to it.

Here is the title of the report on the race form the official F1 site:
    "Kimi Raikkonen and McLaren must have known that they were taking a massive gamble - the Finn driving as hard as he dared on a disintegrating tyre in the closing stages of the European Grand Prix"

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:Thats why Kimi, Monty and to some degree also Sato, Alonso and DC are fun to watch: They usually wanna WIN...not just get points.

You obviusly don't follow Alonso last year were he would always have to climb back up during the race due to poor qualifying of the Renault cars. Its just that you never see a foul move from him when overtaking like Montoya et al.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:When you win a race because of some other driver's bad luck, you don't do a victory display.

You do when you push so hard to force a mistake of the car in first place that when he makes the mistake you win just when you though you wouldn't. Its not like Kimi was pushed off the race. Did you see the Williams cars not celebrating at Monaco because they got two podiums thanks to Alonso getting premature wear from the Michelins? That was even a more unfair reason since it wasn't Alonso's fault, still he managed not to crash and even make 4th by pacing himself according to the situation.
    It was a fair win for Alonso and he has a right to celebrate even if that irritates you a bit

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:Maybe your sense of sportsmanship is different than mine. At any rate I find it totally immature, unclassy and lacking sportsmanship.

My sense of sportmanship is fine, I think you are getting a little too hot headed.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:True, he made two mistakes and yes his tires were slicked. But strange that the whole front suspension broke down due to the vibrations that didnt seem THAT bad..and how odd it happende on the last lap....... go figure.

Wrong, his tires were not slicked, that would of been maybe a tire choice problem. The tires were squared, which is a different problem caused by driver blocking the wheels too much. The severe vibration may lead to premature wear or suspension failure, which ever comes first.

Anyway it was a fun race, would of liked Kimi to finish at least, but...

Chill Phil!

Whoever crosses the finish line first without breaking the rules is the winner, and the winner has all rights to celebrate. Its a competition, not a beauty contest.

When drivers make mistakes in a race that cause them to lose, like kimi flat spotting his tire, that doesnt mean that whoever wins should not celebrate. In racing its frequent for leaders to make mistakes, break stuff and lose, thats racing!

You could have a Ministry for Racing Morality decide who should win races instead of who crosses the finish line first, Im sure there are plenty of EU bureaucrats in Brussels eager to take on the job.

I dont know the first thing about Alonso. He got a lucky win today. Kimi's car might just as well have broken down 50 m after the finish line. Simple as that.

I'm totally pi55ed off because a great driver lost to a not-so-great one.
    Kimi fubared his own race today, which is exactly why I think its total loser-behaviour to do the "four finger salute" when Alonso was handed the victory.
    Alonso didn't win this race. Kimi lost it. Simple as that.

Had this happened 20 laps before finish it would have been a totally different story, but 1 minute before the end...that's nothing worth celebrating if you have any sense of pride.
    In my book he doensn't. End of discussion.

Other than that I have nothing against Alonso, he looks like a nice boy with clean hair, nice teeth and a healthy connection to his mother. All good and fine, but we won't be talking about him in 10 years. He's simply not that amazing a driver IMO. That's my guess. You're most welcome to disagree.

In Monaco I think Williams celebrated even getting points...not to mention Nick Heidfeldt's first podium finish. I didn't even realize Alonso ended fourth to be honest. I just don't follow him cuz I don't find him interesting.
    And I don't mean this as a sarchastic remark. I simply don't follow him in the races.

Having said that, I think it's great that someone really shakes the whole F1 circus real good...we needed that!
    And I hope the best man wins the championship - not necessarily the most sensible and boring one.

!!!Ay caramba!!!!

And hey, Jim!
    Why aren't you watching your american Joe Sixpack version of Formula One instead of cramping my style?

"Howdcha like dat race, Duane?
    -Can't really say, Bubba. I was busy chewing this corn dog.

LOL! Heard a woman was doing fine in Indianapolis. No wonder with this track layout. Must be REALLY hard going round in ovals like that.

"The greatest race in the world" they call it...themselves of course.
    ROFL! Oh man. I love it when they do that.

I wonder why F1 isn't packed with those Indy 500 drivers? Ah, it's probably too easy for them

Holy cow Dr. Phil! are you this sour and irrational when your favorite soccer team looses too? get a grip! ... No point in argumenting further so, yeah, OK, whatever...

I love how Dr. Phil's assertions are based upon speuclation and bias and Carlos from Spain's retorts are purely factual and to the point. No real argument here...

Re: Bubba Grand Prix

Ok Bubba, get a drink and settle down abit thar. I know you are eager for a race series that isnt owned by a greedy British pygmy and dominated by lil cars that need 20,00rpms, robot shifters and mind control to get anywhere.

Indy has some fascinating history. Porsche has tried it twice and neither time could their cars survive continous high speeds for 500 miles to win anything but the arts award for most unique oil slick.

Greatest race in the world? I dont think so really, but the cars are fast and it is 500 miles, not just 60 laps of a techno demonstration and nationalistic rah rah.

Prior to the above mentioned owner seizing control of F1, it wan't uncommon for drivers to race in F1 one weekend and Indy the next.

There is only one driver to have ever win Le mans, Indy and the F1 world drivers championship in his career, his name was Phil Hill.

All carping aside, F1 has some of the best safety rules and pit crews on the planet and Alonso obviously ran a smarter race, deserves the glory for it and I hope he wins the championship this year.

Indy has outstanding apre race debauchery. If there is a F1 race with more twenty something hottie babes drunk on bad beer and get horizontal let me know.

What a great race,

It did amaze me, the amount of mistakes made by the drivers, I guess these tyres are a night mare when they go off or as Kimi found when you flat spot one. I thought Kimi did well to get to the last lap before the suspension failed. I also think he was lucky to get away with a mild spin into the gravel, had he hit that BAR I'm sure it would have been a missive impact..very lucky indeed!!

Hiedfeld continues to impress as does Coulthard, Great races by both of them, despite Coulthard going a tad fast in the pitlane.. good on both of them!

Alonso drove the more sensible race, Kimi was totally erratic.. To many mistakes made and he sure did beat his car about.. But he was still quick, He'll have to settle down for the rest of the season.. too much agression won't get him anywhere, not with this years tyre rules. Man of the day for me would be Hiedfeld..a solid race and one of the only drivers that didn't put it off the road or collect a penalty.. Just wish that Williams was a bit quicker and he'd soon be on that top step.

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    I love how Dr. Phil's assertions are based upon speuclation and bias and Carlos from Spain's retorts are purely factual and to the point. No real argument here...

Lol! You're funny. You a comedian?

Quote:
    xspencex said:
    Hiedfeld continues to impress as does Coulthard, Great races by both of them, despite Coulthard going a tad fast in the pitlane.. good on both of them!

Well Said, thats true too, its Hiedfield's third podium I believe, and Coulthard would of gotten thrid place podium if it werent for that drive through penalty

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Ok Bubba, get a drink and settle down abit thar. I know you are eager for a race series that isnt owned by a greedy British pygmy and dominated by lil cars that need 20,00rpms, robot shifters and mind control to get anywhere.

So very true!
    Me wants a championship for kids on trikes...like the kid in "The Shining".
    Wheee-heee.

I just thought it was hilarious that everywhere you read about the Indy 500 it's called "the greatest race in the world" and "greatest single sports event in the World" etc. It's just so american it's funny. But I guess the americans who believe this to be true, don't find it funny.

Going around in a circle is a 100% pure, undisputable joke drivingwise.
    I'm sure it's loads of fun watching, betting, eating hotdogs etc on Indy 500 day, but calling it a race is so laughable I dunno what to say.

The mere fact that a 5 foot 2", 100 pound woman (Danica Patrick) can compete seriously in the event says it all.
    I mean, come on! I've seen 4 year old kids in amusement park baby-racetracks do more difficult and physically demanding maneuvers than these drivers have to perform.
    The drivers only experience sideways G-impact, no accel and braking (except pitstops). I've seen out-of-shape auto reporters (Like Jeremy Clarkson) do 200 mph going round and round on a test track, so how hard can it be?

Schumi once said flat-out that drivers in the Indy series simply aren't good enough for F1, and if you can't cut it in F1 you end up in Indy.

Jim, look into my eeeeyyyyes...look into myyyy eyyyyyyessss.....
    You feel a sudden uuuuuuurge to take a realistic look at Indy.
    When I count to threeeee you will...look into my eyes! My eeeeyes!...(dammit)
    When I count to threeeee your mouth will say what our mind already knows:
    US racing = show, European racing = racing.
    You will repeat this sentence untilllllll your heart feeeeeeels it toooooo.

One....

Two.....

Thr....LOOK INTO MY EYES!!

Thr...two-and-a-half! Gotcha!..

THREEE!!

Ok, now say it!

Besides, it seems pretty silly that Porsche would even think about competing in the Indy 500. I mean Porsche builds cars with great handling...why would that be of any use at Indy 500?
    Trouble is F1 doesnt have the Hawaiian Tropic girlies as far as I know...

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Holy cow Dr. Phil! are you this sour and irrational when your favorite soccer team looses too? get a grip! ... No point in argumenting further so, yeah, OK, whatever...

that could easily be the reason, the danish soccer championship was more or the less decided today, and would not be surprised if our "family doctor" supports FC Copenhagen, who will not be champs....got ya doc

Erm...sorry. Soccer is definately not for me.
    Fun game and played it really well when I was 6-15...but I couldn't care less who wins the Danish soccer league or any other league for that matter

All I know is that the tax payers always lose because we have to pay the police to keep the wonderful, intelligent and well-mannered supporters from killing eachother at every single game.

Regardless of who wins in F1 they dont seem to have that sort of problem as far as I know.

Thomas...har du fået ny bil eller dribler du stadig rundt i den gamle spand?

> Fettuchini-driver?
    Er, no.
    BTW, Poker is a common name for Porsches in the UK but guess you didn't know that so go fettuchini yourself ;-)

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

So very true!
    Me wants a championship for kids on trikes...like the kid in "The Shining".
    Wheee-heee.

I just thought it was hilarious that everywhere you read about the Indy 500 it's called "the greatest race in the world" and "greatest single sports event in the World" etc. It's just so american it's funny. But I guess the americans who believe this to be true, don't find it funny.

Going around in a circle is a 100% pure, undisputable joke drivingwise.
    I'm sure it's loads of fun watching, betting, eating hotdogs etc on Indy 500 day, but calling it a race is so laughable I dunno what to say.

The mere fact that a 5 foot 2", 100 pound woman (Danica Patrick) can compete seriously in the event says it all.
    I mean, come on! I've seen 4 year old kids in amusement park baby-racetracks do more difficult and physically demanding maneuvers than these drivers have to perform.
    The drivers only experience sideways G-impact, no accel and braking (except pitstops). I've seen out-of-shape auto reporters (Like Jeremy Clarkson) do 200 mph going round and round on a test track, so how hard can it be?

Schumi once said flat-out that drivers in the Indy series simply aren't good enough for F1, and if you can't cut it in F1 you end up in Indy.

Jim, look into my eeeeyyyyes...look into myyyy eyyyyyyessss.....
    You feel a sudden uuuuuuurge to take a realistic look at Indy.
    When I count to threeeee you will...look into my eyes! My eeeeyes!...(dammit)
    When I count to threeeee your mouth will say what our mind already knows:
    You will repeat this sentence untilllllll your heart feeeeeeels it toooooo.

One....

Two.....

Thr....LOOK INTO MY EYES!!

Thr...two-and-a-half! Gotcha!..

THREEE!!

Ok, now say it!

Besides, it seems pretty silly that Porsche would even think about competing in the Indy 500. I mean Porsche builds cars with great handling...why would that be of any use at Indy 500?
    Trouble is F1 doesnt have the Hawaiian Tropic girlies as far as I know...

Hawaiian tropic girlies are burnin hot

Anyway, Schumi might be wonderful blah blah blah when he was at his peak and had the hot car and tire set up and other drivers had dog trrds on wheels, but hes just another boring arrogant a$$hole. When Indy was at its peak, many F1 drivers tried it and couldn't cut it.

Porsche's Indy cars failed because they couldnt go fast enough for long enough. Zee mighty german porsches tried once again to defeat zee americans and zay lost to cars using zee model T based Ilmor motors.

Now, Memorize this Bubba ...

Alonso had the fastest lap today, Alonso drove the smarter race. Alonso pushed Kimi so hard that Kimi over drove his tires and flatspotted them....repeat forty times please,

then look again at the driver interviews afterwards, soooo
    borrrrrrrring, its like why even race in the first place?
    Is their a Script? Do they have to kiss Bernie to get their checks?? What they get? A Bottle of cheap charlie Mumms and as few flags waved?

Bring on the girls! Indy does have hysterical funny American style hyperbole and a corny tone to it all.
    But it has something that F1 used to have before the PC'd themselves into being motor newts ;;;;;;;hot girls and plenty of em, and next year when Indy has naked girlies racing the cars and naked girlies pushing them in pit row, I garuntee that most of the F1 drivers will call in sick and jet to indianoplis

Racing should be fun and not like a three hour lecture from a Benz stability program engineer

When the drivers were mostly drunken Englishmen with too much money, no sense and hardly any sponsorship, F1 was fun, now its almost like some sort of scripted Euro-nerd-orama race.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Now, Memorize this Bubba ...

Alonso had the fastest lap today, Alonso drove the smarter race. Alonso pushed Kimi so hard that Kimi over drove his tires and flatspotted them....repeat forty times please,

then look again at the driver interviews afterwards, soooo
    borrrrrrrring, its like why even race in the first place?
    Is their a Script? Do they have to kiss Bernie to get their checks?? What they get? A Bottle of cheap charlie Mumms and as few flags waved?

Bring on the girls! Indy does have hysterical funny American style hyperbole and a corny tone to it all.
    But it has something that F1 used to have before the PC'd themselves into being motor newts ;;;;;;;hot girls and plenty of em, and next year when Indy has naked girlies racing the cars and naked girlies pushing them in pit row, I garuntee that most of the F1 drivers will call in sick and jet to indianoplis

Racing should be fun and not like a three hour lecture from a Benz stability program engineer

When the drivers were mostly drunken Englishmen with too much money, no sense and hardly any sponsorship, F1 was fun, now its almost like some sort of scripted Euro-nerd-orama race.

LOL!

Quote:
    thebimbo said:
    > Fettuchini-driver?
    Er, no.
    BTW, Poker is a common name for Porsches in the UK but guess you didn't know that so go fettuchini yourself ;-)

If that's a common name, I wonder what you call BMWs? "Biatches"?

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    (....) now its almost like some sort of scripted Euro-nerd-orama race.

Yes, it is indeed vey PC. I always keep a pukeybag close at hand for the usual polite cliché post race press conference.

"So Ralf, how did you feel when your brother deliberately ran you off the track in an attempt to kill you and at the same time gain 10 points?"

-Well, the team had a good package today and I wanna thank everyone for a great job. They have been working really hard...

"Yeah, but your brother tried to KILL you. Any comment on that..?"

- We feel we are looking strong for the next race and hope to optimize our package for next event.

"So no comment at all on the incident with your brother???"

-I think his car is red and the weather today was good. We had predicted a tough race and Michael is one of the competitors we have to take into consideration when we optimize our package....

" WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!? DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOUR BROTHER TRIED TO KILL YOU!?!?!

-Yes...

"Ah! Finally"

-I want to congratulate him on a nice race.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGRGRGRGRGGGGGGGGGRRRRHHHHHHHHRRGGG!!!!!!" [Silence as reporter gets dragged away]

Get them girlies in here instead.
    Maybe they will lighten up...

Hmmm...the first one from the right seems to have skipped the optional floatation devices. She must know how to swim.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

I guess you don't know that Alonso when he wins, he salutes with the number of victories he has.

What happens when he gets to 11?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Kimi is a true racecar driver, not a sponsored robot in a car - like Schumi or many others. What you are discribing is the exact reason why F1 has been so ]f*cking boring these past years because drivers were mere robots trying to service the interests of the sponsors.

I totally agree, watching a pressconferance with Kimi "Fast - goood, slow - baaaad" Raikonnen is a blast, nobody can talk us through a race like Kimi. I think the Iceman nickname is totally misplaced, the guy is just full of charm and does not resemble a robot at all.

Quote:

I hear what ou are saying, and taking the second place would definately have been wiser - but I'm pretty sure Kimi and the team had no idea the car would break down, or he definately wouldn't have driven it like that.

Even I could tell from watching the inboard camera that it was only a question of time before the tire or suspension would disintegrate. Unfortunately for Kimi it happened on the last lap. Maybe if he had backed off a little...
    But it is a bit ironic that since Kimi is one of the few drivers in F1 who is not a robot, that he only has two throttle positions - on or off

Quote:

Thats why Kimi, Monty and to some degree also Sato, Alonso and DC are fun to watch: They usually wanna WIN...not just get points.

Oh yeah, watching JPM this season has been fun indeed, totally hilarious on fact. I suspect that his fat-ass gives the car an exceptional low centre of gravity, and that this is the reason for his startling performance this season.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Thomas...har du fået ny bil eller dribler du stadig rundt i den gamle spand?

Got a new car and it sucks, Toyota Landcruiser but well that is basically what you want if you are living here in West Africa and you want something that will run all the time.

Other than that I believe I can claim the price of "the Rennteamer with a smashed car with lowest milage". Yesterday I was at the golfcourse and the guy I played with gets a phonecall - you see I turn my phone of when playing. "is Thomas there ?". Well there has been a minor accident. His car which is parked in the street outside the house has been hit by a Taxi ! and the car was 2 days old with 75 KM !! on the clock. I have no _ucking idea how he could hit the car he must have been sleeping.

By the way the Porsche has been sold

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

I totally agree, watching a pressconferance with Kimi "Fast - goood, slow - baaaad" Raikonnen is a blast, nobody can talk us through a race like Kimi. I think the Iceman nickname is totally misplaced, the guy is just full of charm and does not resemble a robot at all.

Quote:

Even I could tell from watching the inboard camera that it was only a question of time before the tire or suspension would disintegrate. Unfortunately for Kimi it happened on the last lap. Maybe if he had backed off a little...
    But it is a bit ironic that since Kimi is one of the few drivers in F1 who is not a robot, that he only has two throttle positions - on or off

Quote:

Oh yeah, watching JPM this season has been fun indeed, totally hilarious on fact. I suspect that his fat-ass gives the car an exceptional low centre of gravity, and that this is the reason for his startling performance this season.

Hehehe. Ok, you're thru to the bonusround on that one

Kimi is definately monosyllabic and robot-like at the press confs, but he usually drives a bit more wisely than he did yesterday. Not just "throttle on-off".

Besides, I believe there's a reason a good part of the racing community believes Kimi is the next big thing in F1.
    If he will ever live up to those expectations we can only wait and see..they also had high hopes for Monty....

Monty is his own worst enemy and that's the reason why he can't transform his aggressive energy into something really constructive and solid on the track.

I watch F1 for the action, the drama and because you never know what might happen in a few seconds.
    I'm well aware of the fact that sensible driving makes for better results in the long run, but drivers with balls and a touch of madness are so much more fun to watch.

Alrighty, enough F1-talk for me for one week.
    Take care out there.

Pip Doc Paddy Dip

Side note.

Why is it that Renault and most of the lesser teams are having little problem not just running with but beating Ferrari?

Could the Bridgestone tires and the fact that the rest of the group runs Michelin - therefore providing Michelin with more feedback - be the only reason?

Any thoughts?

R

Quote:
    RR4 said:
    Could the Bridgestone tires and the fact that the rest of the group runs Michelin - therefore providing Michelin with more feedback - be the only reason?

Yes.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691021 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410150 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256213 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235409 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858802 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775109 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM