Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Speaking of Internet Forums...

Just received this Private Message from one of the Admins of MBWORLD:

Quote:
    Dear Rennteam

Your signature is in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy by containing Rennteam.com. Our terms, which you agreed to when you registered, state that unless you are a paying sponsor of our forums, you are not to advertise or solicit, in any way, your business or services. This includes but is not limited to contents of your post, your username, signature, etc. To review our Terms Of Use, please follow this link: http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/terms.php. We ask that you refrain from conducting business on MBWorld immediately. Further violations will result in your username being banned.

Should you wish to sponsor and advertise on MBWorld, please feel free to contact us at advertise@mbworld.org.

Thank you for your prompt attention in this matter.

MBWorld Admin

I asked for my account to be deleted.
    Don't need to help them maintain traffic with somehow interesting posts and get insults from them as a "payment".

The funny part: most people posting there have direct links to their private websites in their posts (something I didn't).
    Maybe they just felt threatened...
    Money rules.

Re: Speaking of Internet Forums...

Well, you know that rennteam.com probably doesn't have the finances but we look like million bucks out there on the internet

Threatened is the right word my friend.

Well, you know that rennteam.com probably doesn't have the finances but we look like million bucks out there on the internet

Quote:

Ron, I'm just disappointed. Nothing more and nothing less.
    When I post to other forums, I avoid making posts like "go to Rennteam.com" because I'm a guest and I don't want to offend anyone. Never had a problem with this strategy and I'm on several car forums on the internet. Even met a guy who is a member of the AMG Owners Club and at the same time Moderator of a car forum. NO problem at all with him, we exchanged a few very nice PM and he never ever even made an attempt to shut me up.

This is really funny: Rennteam.com is a private, non-commercial site with no links whatsoever to businesses and the MBWORLD Admin asks us for sponsoring money to be able to post there with my Rennteam User name, providing useful information for their Users. Oh boy.

Maybe I just should relax and go to sleep now.

Like CR told me before: save your time, stay here and forget about other car forums. He's right, this would save me a lot of time...and raised blood pressure.

Good night everybody.

Quote:

Ron, I'm just disappointed. Nothing more and nothing less.
    When I post to other forums, I avoid making posts like "go to Rennteam.com" because I'm a guest and I don't want to offend anyone. Never had a problem with this strategy and I'm on several car forums on the internet. Even met a guy who is a member of the AMG Owners Club and at the same time Moderator of a car forum. NO problem at all with him, we exchanged a few very nice PM and he never ever even made an attempt to shut me up.

This is really funny: Rennteam.com is a private, non-commercial site with no links whatsoever to businesses and the MBWORLD Admin asks us for sponsoring money to be able to post there with my Rennteam User name, providing useful information for their Users. Oh boy.

Maybe I just should relax and go to sleep now.

Like CR told me before: save your time, stay here and forget about other car forums. He's right, this would save me a lot of time...and raised blood pressure.

Good night everybody.

RC,
    Sorry to hear that--I've enjoyed your contributions to mbworld.

RC,
    Sorry to hear that--I've enjoyed your contributions to mbworld.

It's no surprise that the tuners most mentioned on MBWorld are the ones that pay for advertising. Seems like a credible place for info, doesn't it?

Rennteam has been my favorite from day one.

It's no surprise that the tuners most mentioned on MBWorld are the ones that pay for advertising. Seems like a credible place for info, doesn't it?

Rennteam has been my favorite from day one.

Thanks, guys. That's life.

Today we have a wonderful day over here in Bavaria, 30*C, sunshine, not too humid...perfect weather to relax and forget about troubles.

I'll try my best to improve the AMG forum with lots of news, information and interesting stuff.
    End of this month, this forum should be an interesting place to be. I hope I can deliver some surprises.

Thanks, guys. That's life.

Today we have a wonderful day over here in Bavaria, 30*C, sunshine, not too humid...perfect weather to relax and forget about troubles.

I'll try my best to improve the AMG forum with lots of news, information and interesting stuff.
    End of this month, this forum should be an interesting place to be. I hope I can deliver some surprises.

Thats fine by me RC. We didn't need them anyway. That just saves me the trouble of having to go to another site for information when all I have to do is come here. And anyway, their website loaded slower. That was always a pain. So just save the good Mercedes/AMG stuff for Rennteam.com only.

Thats fine by me RC. We didn't need them anyway. That just saves me the trouble of having to go to another site for information when all I have to do is come here. And anyway, their website loaded slower. That was always a pain. So just save the good Mercedes/AMG stuff for Rennteam.com only.

Quote:

Thanks, Robbie.

Anyway: I've been contacted by 3 different MBWORLD Moderators/Admins to explain to me what happened, something I really appreciate and something which indicates a good character and that they really care about their Users. But I don't want to change my signature because this is part of my identity, so I asked them to delete my account.
    Saves me some time...

Quote:

Thanks, Robbie.

Anyway: I've been contacted by 3 different MBWORLD Moderators/Admins to explain to me what happened, something I really appreciate and something which indicates a good character and that they really care about their Users. But I don't want to change my signature because this is part of my identity, so I asked them to delete my account.
    Saves me some time...

RC , I read with amusement what deaf eras you were " speaking" to on that E55 "lowering " topic at that other forum. Most of those guys want the go fast look even if it actually slows them down - like bouncy suspensions and 20 " wheels that add 50 lbs of unsprung weight. That forum seems to fit the MBZ stereotype with much talk of cosmetic enhancements , electronic gee whiz OEM gizmos ( that often don't work )and straight line speed - I'd swear I was in a Corvette forum. There was even a recent group rant on not having a compass on US cars as standard - I guess they are as "direction challenged" as someone with Alzheimers . On the BMW and Audi forums , you get a lot more gear head and handling talk .
    BTW , have you driven the new Audi A8L over there yet ? Amazing car compared to the current S and current 7 . Bigger than both but when I flung that thing around last weekend and in the dynamic mode , it felt like driving a 3200 lb sports car - puts the S and 7 to shame in handling feel. Has beautiful interior vs the busy , lotsa plastic MBZ and needlessly quirky BMW . The MMI was so easy to use - all intuitive , not like the hundreds of pages of Command owners manual and I Drive instructions . Dealer told me W12 A8L and S8 coming for sure and an RS8 ( sign me up ) with twin turbo 650 hp version of the Bentley GT motor might make it to the US - whoa !

RC , I read with amusement what deaf eras you were " speaking" to on that E55 "lowering " topic at that other forum. Most of those guys want the go fast look even if it actually slows them down - like bouncy suspensions and 20 " wheels that add 50 lbs of unsprung weight. That forum seems to fit the MBZ stereotype with much talk of cosmetic enhancements , electronic gee whiz OEM gizmos ( that often don't work )and straight line speed - I'd swear I was in a Corvette forum. There was even a recent group rant on not having a compass on US cars as standard - I guess they are as "direction challenged" as someone with Alzheimers . On the BMW and Audi forums , you get a lot more gear head and handling talk .
    BTW , have you driven the new Audi A8L over there yet ? Amazing car compared to the current S and current 7 . Bigger than both but when I flung that thing around last weekend and in the dynamic mode , it felt like driving a 3200 lb sports car - puts the S and 7 to shame in handling feel. Has beautiful interior vs the busy , lotsa plastic MBZ and needlessly quirky BMW . The MMI was so easy to use - all intuitive , not like the hundreds of pages of Command owners manual and I Drive instructions . Dealer told me W12 A8L and S8 coming for sure and an RS8 ( sign me up ) with twin turbo 650 hp version of the Bentley GT motor might make it to the US - whoa !

RC, I thought I saw other names that sound like companies. Too bad they picked on you.

I enjoyed your contributions to the list. I look in on this list --- so I will have hte benefit of your fine pieces. But some people on the MBWorld will not be able ot read them.

Sorry. May hte Lord protect us from bueaucrats on the Internet.

RC, I thought I saw other names that sound like companies. Too bad they picked on you.

I enjoyed your contributions to the list. I look in on this list --- so I will have hte benefit of your fine pieces. But some people on the MBWorld will not be able ot read them.

Quote:

You're right. I'm also surprised to see how many young people in the 20s drive a E55 in the US which over here in Germany is actually a car for older people.
    Young buyers with money over here usually go for the SL55.

What I also don't understand is how people do "experiments" with their cars, putting non-approved tire/rim sizes to them, playing around with suspensions, electronics and the ECU software. German authoroties would confiscate such cars immediately because they're not safe.
    To give you an example: some people in the US put 20'' rims on their SL55. AMG has constantly warned that with 20'' rims/tires, the inner part of the tire gets too hot.
    Now imagine you have a speed delimited car over here and you run for 5 minutes at night on the Autobahn at top speed. BOOOOOOMMM. Only one example.

I really don't understand it (and this applies to Porsche drivers too): people buy a car for 80000 USD, 100000 USD or even 150000 USD and then they apply a 1000 USD ECU mod to it. Ouch! Or even worse: they play around with setups, configurations and add non-approved rims/tires or other parts to their cars. These people don't love their life?

To give you another example: I applied a cheap ECU upgrade to my 996 Turbo at the beginning because I didn't want to spend big money for mods. I should have know better from my experience with such mods (especially the warnings I got from some friends from Zuffenhausen) but hey, greed sometimes blocks rational thinking. The ECU upgrade worked fine for a few months (it was cold outside) and I was happy and started to doubt the warnings I received from official sources. Then one day, it was hot (around 30*C), I drove at around 310 kph in a wide Autobahn curve when my boost pressure instantly dropped from 1.0 bar to 0.5 bar. Again: this happened suddenly and unexpected at 310 kph in a wide Autobahn curve. I almost lost control of the car and I'm still surprised nothing happened.
    I found out later that the motronic went into one of the emergency setups which reduced boost pressure to avoid engine damage. There was no reason for going into emergency program but I found out that the ECU programming hasn't been done properly and the self diagnose system reacted. Only one example, I could give you more.
    How about this: a Cayenne Turbo with modified airsuspension setting. At around 240 kph the suspension went up! Ouch.
    One reason why good Porsche tuners still don't offer such a mod for the Cayenne until such problems are ruled out.

New cars out there like 996 Turbo, E55 AMG, etc. are technical masterpieces. Now try to imagine how much money, effort and time are involved in developping and especially testing such cars to make sure they work flawlessly in any situation. Nobody knows their cars better than the manufacturers. Nowadays with so much electronics involved, it is almost impossible to work on cars as people did a few years ago. Another reason why I sometimes really have to wonder how people want to save money by servicing and repairing their hightech vehicles at independent repair shops. This is insane.
    Safety warnings from manufacturers are not connected to marketing anymore like it was a few years ago maybe.
    If Porsche tells people not to mount 19'' rims on their cars, it has a reason. If AMG tells people not to mount a certain tire on their cars, it has a reason. But people don't trust companies and this is weird. I mean they buy their products, they enjoy the capabilities of these products and they really think that a Tuner with 5 people working there in some dirty rear yard could make their cars better? This is ridiculous.
    It needs a lot of experience, testing and unofficial connections to the manufacturer of the cars to be able to offer a good Tuning. Most Tuners don't stand to that, they just want to make fast money. I remember talking to a Porsche Tuner in the US a while ago on the phone (he wanted some information I wasn't able to give because I didn't have it) and when I asked him about the risk involved, he just told me "most customers just want more power, they don't know how to drive fast and they never drive that fast here in the US, so there is no risk". I don't know if this sounds right to you...

Yes, I would love more power on my E55. I would love a more sporty suspension setup and I'd love to be able to turn off the ESP. But after years of experience, I doubt that I can get that from cheapaftermarket sources.
    Brabus asks almost 18000 EUR for 54 horses more.
    I found a Tuner who asks only 5000 EUR for the same power.
    When I tried to get more information what is involved in the 5000 EUR upgrade, I got a pretty weird description.
    The best part: no warranty and the Tuner told me "what should happen, these engines from AMG are good for at least 600 HP". So if they're good for 600 HP, why doesn't AMG offer at least 550 HP upgrade as a factory option?
    Brabus is a respected company, they have direct ties to DC as an official partner for the SMART and they offer warranty for their work. Just an example.

I came to the conclusion not to do any upgrades on my E55 which are not authorized by AMG.
    Simple reason: the E55 is my family car and I want it to be 100% safe and technically reliable.
    Next week, AMG will do the 300 kph top speed upgrade, maybe some gearbox adaptation and the height optimization on my car. If they offer the 19'' Style IV wheels, I might go for them too (they're not available yet for the E55). That's it.
    Since I own my E55, I didn't encounter any car on the Autobahn which was faster, including a F355, a F360, a 996 C2, a 996 Turbo, a BMW M5, SL 55 AMG, etc. So what do I want more?

Quote:

You're right. I'm also surprised to see how many young people in the 20s drive a E55 in the US which over here in Germany is actually a car for older people.
    Young buyers with money over here usually go for the SL55.

What I also don't understand is how people do "experiments" with their cars, putting non-approved tire/rim sizes to them, playing around with suspensions, electronics and the ECU software. German authoroties would confiscate such cars immediately because they're not safe.
    To give you an example: some people in the US put 20'' rims on their SL55. AMG has constantly warned that with 20'' rims/tires, the inner part of the tire gets too hot.
    Now imagine you have a speed delimited car over here and you run for 5 minutes at night on the Autobahn at top speed. BOOOOOOMMM. Only one example.

I really don't understand it (and this applies to Porsche drivers too): people buy a car for 80000 USD, 100000 USD or even 150000 USD and then they apply a 1000 USD ECU mod to it. Ouch! Or even worse: they play around with setups, configurations and add non-approved rims/tires or other parts to their cars. These people don't love their life?

To give you another example: I applied a cheap ECU upgrade to my 996 Turbo at the beginning because I didn't want to spend big money for mods. I should have know better from my experience with such mods (especially the warnings I got from some friends from Zuffenhausen) but hey, greed sometimes blocks rational thinking. The ECU upgrade worked fine for a few months (it was cold outside) and I was happy and started to doubt the warnings I received from official sources. Then one day, it was hot (around 30*C), I drove at around 310 kph in a wide Autobahn curve when my boost pressure instantly dropped from 1.0 bar to 0.5 bar. Again: this happened suddenly and unexpected at 310 kph in a wide Autobahn curve. I almost lost control of the car and I'm still surprised nothing happened.
    I found out later that the motronic went into one of the emergency setups which reduced boost pressure to avoid engine damage. There was no reason for going into emergency program but I found out that the ECU programming hasn't been done properly and the self diagnose system reacted. Only one example, I could give you more.
    How about this: a Cayenne Turbo with modified airsuspension setting. At around 240 kph the suspension went up! Ouch.
    One reason why good Porsche tuners still don't offer such a mod for the Cayenne until such problems are ruled out.

New cars out there like 996 Turbo, E55 AMG, etc. are technical masterpieces. Now try to imagine how much money, effort and time are involved in developping and especially testing such cars to make sure they work flawlessly in any situation. Nobody knows their cars better than the manufacturers. Nowadays with so much electronics involved, it is almost impossible to work on cars as people did a few years ago. Another reason why I sometimes really have to wonder how people want to save money by servicing and repairing their hightech vehicles at independent repair shops. This is insane.
    Safety warnings from manufacturers are not connected to marketing anymore like it was a few years ago maybe.
    If Porsche tells people not to mount 19'' rims on their cars, it has a reason. If AMG tells people not to mount a certain tire on their cars, it has a reason. But people don't trust companies and this is weird. I mean they buy their products, they enjoy the capabilities of these products and they really think that a Tuner with 5 people working there in some dirty rear yard could make their cars better? This is ridiculous.
    It needs a lot of experience, testing and unofficial connections to the manufacturer of the cars to be able to offer a good Tuning. Most Tuners don't stand to that, they just want to make fast money. I remember talking to a Porsche Tuner in the US a while ago on the phone (he wanted some information I wasn't able to give because I didn't have it) and when I asked him about the risk involved, he just told me "most customers just want more power, they don't know how to drive fast and they never drive that fast here in the US, so there is no risk". I don't know if this sounds right to you...

Yes, I would love more power on my E55. I would love a more sporty suspension setup and I'd love to be able to turn off the ESP. But after years of experience, I doubt that I can get that from cheapaftermarket sources.
    Brabus asks almost 18000 EUR for 54 horses more.
    I found a Tuner who asks only 5000 EUR for the same power.
    When I tried to get more information what is involved in the 5000 EUR upgrade, I got a pretty weird description.
    The best part: no warranty and the Tuner told me "what should happen, these engines from AMG are good for at least 600 HP". So if they're good for 600 HP, why doesn't AMG offer at least 550 HP upgrade as a factory option?
    Brabus is a respected company, they have direct ties to DC as an official partner for the SMART and they offer warranty for their work. Just an example.

I came to the conclusion not to do any upgrades on my E55 which are not authorized by AMG.
    Simple reason: the E55 is my family car and I want it to be 100% safe and technically reliable.
    Next week, AMG will do the 300 kph top speed upgrade, maybe some gearbox adaptation and the height optimization on my car. If they offer the 19'' Style IV wheels, I might go for them too (they're not available yet for the E55). That's it.
    Since I own my E55, I didn't encounter any car on the Autobahn which was faster, including a F355, a F360, a 996 C2, a 996 Turbo, a BMW M5, SL 55 AMG, etc. So what do I want more?

Quote:

Now I have more time for this forum.

Quote:

Now I have more time for this forum.

On another forum recently, I was wincing reading about guys' suggestions for setting up the roll stiffness on their aftermarket roll bars on Turbos. Lots of " I put the front on the 2nd hole and the back on the first hole and it feels great going around corners to the convenience store - try it yourself " type posts. Well how is it gonna feel at 100 mph in the rain and windy day on a freeway sweeper when a sudden obstacle appears ? I'm still waiting for that kind of feedback !

On another forum recently, I was wincing reading about guys' suggestions for setting up the roll stiffness on their aftermarket roll bars on Turbos. Lots of " I put the front on the 2nd hole and the back on the first hole and it feels great going around corners to the convenience store - try it yourself " type posts. Well how is it gonna feel at 100 mph in the rain and windy day on a freeway sweeper when a sudden obstacle appears ? I'm still waiting for that kind of feedback !

that's why I'm here, now!! missed the informed comments of RC!

that's why I'm here, now!! missed the informed comments of RC!

The best write up I have read so far on any message board!

Quote:

Because they never drove their cars to the limit. Image is what they care the most not performance. Tacky chrome rims, 12 o clock driving positon, fast and furious bodykit, gumball idiots.... I can go on and on. You just have to realize there are some low intelligent people out there and you can't do nothing about it.

They level of engineering from Mercedes and Porsche are so far ahead of any of the aftermarket tuners. To think that a small little shop can improve the performance better than what Porsche and Mercedes can offer without any trade off is just plain dillusional. Well..... what can we do right? Its like selling a Honda ECU upgrade for the E55, just alittle of marketing and BS. stupid people will buy it. LMAO!!

Chris, the best write up so far!! Thanks for saying what I wanted to say for so long.....

The best write up I have read so far on any message board!

Quote:

Because they never drove their cars to the limit. Image is what they care the most not performance. Tacky chrome rims, 12 o clock driving positon, fast and furious bodykit, gumball idiots.... I can go on and on. You just have to realize there are some low intelligent people out there and you can't do nothing about it.

They level of engineering from Mercedes and Porsche are so far ahead of any of the aftermarket tuners. To think that a small little shop can improve the performance better than what Porsche and Mercedes can offer without any trade off is just plain dillusional. Well..... what can we do right? Its like selling a Honda ECU upgrade for the E55, just alittle of marketing and BS. stupid people will buy it. LMAO!!

Chris, the best write up so far!! Thanks for saying what I wanted to say for so long.....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691145 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410231 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256266 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235425 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65757 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858865 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775177 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM