Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review

Honestly, lexs4 specifically asked for Taycan information, and NOT a Tesla vs Taycan comparison. Not sure why you starting bringing Tesla into the discussion and keep polluting the thread with Tesla nonsense.

As for your 2 links, can you not find a channel with less subscribers? Gonna love those conspiracy theory channels. 

And one last thing, the ship went down with almost 4000 cars onboard, only less than 3000 has been accounted for from the 'log book'. 

Like I said, if Porsche has even half an iota of suspicion, they would have done a stop sale. They do that and had done that for less of a problem. Especially with fire risk. Told you already with the burnt down 918. 

Taycans aren't even the only EVs onboard the ship. There are ID4s, Audis EVs and hybrids, Bentley hybrids, yet you only wants to shade the Taycans. mail

You really need to hang out less at those circle jerk Tesla sites and keep spreading conspiracy theories. 

You aren't helping lexs4 at all. 

And I am not even trying to be biased FOR the Taycan and trash Tesla. I never even bring up Teslas in my reply to lexs4 until you start writing nonsense. I have had 2 Taycans already and I clearly stated whatever is bad about it, and what is a good option on the config and what is not. 

Are you really that triggered when someone is discussing non-Tesla EVs that you had to bring Tesla stuff into the discussion? Jealousy of the popularity of the Taycan perhaps? 

The Taycan is a great car, period. But it isn't a be all end all car. My Mach E actually has much more comfortable seats, sightline is also much better. Much more roomier too. I also find my Panamera turbo S rides better and also much more comfortable. For city trips, and if I am charging every night for the Panamera, it works exactly the same as my Taycan and Mach E. Same with my hybrid Wrangler. There is no advantage for the EV there, they all get HOV lane stickers also.

Did I mention my Lightning will be arriving soon? And I still have the hots for the Hyundai Ioniq 5. I love all brands, when they actually make a great product.

Oh, and I never said I am anti Tesla. Who knows, when they finally make a great car, I probably will buy it too. Not unlike Hyundai, their Ioniq 5 finally earned it. Who would have thought not even 5 years ago that I would be telling people I have the hots for a Hyundai, of all car brands. 

And did you even read what lexs4 wrote before you start posting? He is looking to replace his RS6, a wagon, with a Taycan wagon. Does Tesla even offers a wagon? 

--

My post was Porsche and Taycan related.  Being very careful to follow the rules.  
    You claimed a Tesla on board the ship caused the fire. I think the manifest video was a bit more convincing. Top Gear is pretty reputable.  Fine if you don’t believe it - fine if a Taycan did not cause the fire.  No one can tell us for sure except it was not likely a Tesla. Settle down a bit. 
    Why is it a big deal if Porsche replaced some hardware which is as a problem? I even said they must have replaced it by now.  I’m a long time Porsche owner why the crazy mind reading?  The 918 catching fire is proof of what exactly?

To claim you don’t have some issues with Tesla is some funny shit. It does sound like you are getting ready to explain a Plaid purchase. Acceleration is a powerful drug - we will totally understand. 

A lot of people here couldn't care less about Teslas, just not interested believe it or not, and it gets very tiring having to filter all the Tesla stuff from these non-Tesla threads, there is already a Tesla thread where anybody can discuss Tesla all they want. The poster even explicitly said that he doesn't want to read about Tesla vs Porsche and is interested in the Taycan not a Tesla, and wants to hear from owners .. and even that didn't avoid it, her got the exact opposite... it just had to be about Teslas again. Hope you can understand what I'm saying Leawood, I understand you love your Tesla and that is great but you don't have to go around like a Jehovah's Witness trying to evangelize everybody. Let's to keep most of the Tesla stuff in the Tesla thread please.

Leawood911:

My post was Porsche and Taycan related.  Being very careful to follow the rules.  

I didn't say you go against the rule. I just say you ignored what lexs4 said and bring Tesla in. He never asked about Tesla to start of with.

You claimed a Tesla on board the ship caused the fire. I think the manifest video was a bit more convincing. Top Gear is pretty reputable.  Fine if you don’t believe it - fine if a Taycan did not cause the fire.  No one can tell us for sure except it was not likely a Tesla. Settle down a bit. 

Not unlike you claimed a Taycan caused the fire. I am just using your style back on you. There had never been any evidence suggesting a Taycan started the fire. The Taycans are involved, part of the cars being burnt down, that's about it. And there is still close to 1000 cars that isn't being accounted for. 

Why is it a big deal if Porsche replaced some hardware which is as a problem? I even said they must have replaced it by now.  I’m a long time Porsche owner why the crazy mind reading?  The 918 catching fire is proof of what exactly?

So what part is being 'replaced'? There had not been a part number change, there was nothing being 'replaced'. The 918 catching fire is proof that Porsche takes safety very seriously. For the fire, they stop sale IMMEDIATELY. Literally the very next day, basically hours as Europe is a few Horus ahead of Toronto. I know that cause my car was scheduled to ship out that day. They did it on their headline flagship car. In order to investigate is it from the Carla defect, or not. Turns out it was operator error. If there was indeed something wrong on the Taycan, a stop sale would have happened already. Your 'rumour' was nothing more than a baseless conspiracy from the Tesla community. The topic was also discussed on Rennlist already for a while. 

To claim you don’t have some issues with Tesla is some funny shit. It does sound like you are getting ready to explain a Plaid purchase. Acceleration is a powerful drug - we will totally understand. 

Acceleration is a drug that mostly is an American thing. Drag racing. Stop light drag racing. I cared more about lateral Gs. A car needed to handle. Mentioned many times, on highways I don't really speed on the straights, that's where all the stupids do it and catches the eyes of police. I go fast in the corners, where no sane policeman will setup shop. Plus, I already have the fastest 0-60 car in the garage, the 918. 

And again, I didn't say I don't have issues with Tesla. I only said they could very well be on my radar at some point in time when they finally release a worthy product, right now they don't. Hyundai did with the Ioniq 5. Everything they released are over priced by at least 40%. I expect the quality to match the price tag, and Tesla just doesn't even match that bar, and it's already a low bar. A Tesla is like a prime rib with mashed potatoes and veggies from a restaurant. The key point I look for is the quality of the beef, but a Tesla is one with a really bad cut of beef, but it comes with the best asparagus and decent mash. Those are fluffs, side dish stuff, doesn't save the whole plate from being a fail as the main ingredient is not up to par. Hyundai with the Ioniq 5 offered a great cut of beef that's cooked really nicely, with some just ok mashed potatoes, and decent broccolis. That's a winner in my book however. 

Tesla will need to offer cars with interior quality that matches the price first in order for me to even consider them. Great handling would be nice but not required if there are some saving graces, i.e. Mach E. The Mach E doesn't handle well but the overall package is just so nicely done. And the price, just can't be beat. Well maybe the Ioniq 5. 

A Taycan offers interior that matches the price. It may not have the theoretical range of a Tesla, but it has amazing real world range, and also out handles them, also stay with them in acceleration. What more do one needs? FSD/Autopilot? That's not what everyone wants or like. You Tesla people keep talking about those are great 'features' but in reality, those are just fluff, the mashed potatoes and asparagus. People that can actually drive really don't need those artificial stuff. OTA updates? If a car is properly designed and tested, there isn't a need to keep updating, as everything just worked from the beginning. 'Added features'? It just means Tesla cheap out and didn't have time to finished up the product before releasing, as those features should have come from the factory in the first place. There are stuff that Tesla has and others don't, i.e. the Supercharger network. It just works. Plug it in and done. No mess no fuss. But it's too bad it's a propriety standard and not industrial standard. it also have a no haggle sales policy, no games played. Those are the points that others should copy and follow. 

--

Seriously Carlos , Moderator,  compare my posts in this thread with Whoopsy.  He does nothing but go on and on about not just ‘T’. And every other EV - on and on.  I merely posted about the Porsche because he asked about bugs (are fires bug?) and did my best not to ever mention ‘T’. Hence I am only using the letter. On the other hand others here are the ones making you filter through much more text you don’t like. 
    It may be the animosity towards  ‘T’ from others which are the issue.  If you compare my few comments about the Taycan to the pages and pages written by others about the ‘T’ it is not even close. And the arguments are hilarious. 
    Just look at the boat issue. Whoopsy claims out of the blue a Tesla on board caught fire so I provide the manifest from Top gear which lists every type of car down to a single Honda Accord and no ‘T’ yet he continues to Gaslight the issue. You wonder why some people chime in?  

Meanwhile on the T thread what do all of you do except me?  Trash them and Elon for trying to make a better car market place.  And in Elons case he is trying to help the world with Twitter. Hilarious is the fact that most of those posts exist to ‘trigger’ me so some self righteous poster can claim I am some cult member.  Very unpleasant.   
    I am certain I will once again be criticized for anything I post regardless of the actual content.  We have a car forum where if you like and enjoy your car you can’t mention it if it is not the right car.  Good work mods. 

ps the Plaid smokes the 918. Lol.  We all know that … 3,2,1 

FFS Leawood it's written down for anyone to see. Whoopsy's reply to lexs4 had ZERO mentions to Tesla, it was so about the Taycan for which he has first hand ownership experience, only after you made it all about Tesla did he start to mention Tesla in reply to you.

On the other hand  this is your reply to lexs4:

Leawood911:

If you don’t call a transport ship catching fire or several homes a bug then your fine. Lol  Talk about a huge coverup.  But seriously, Whoopsy makes some excellent points.  Home charging is important as mentioned  since that is how you charge the cheapest and most often (99% of the time).  Expect around 44 miles per hour added via home charging if you have a Tesla.  Not certain why miles per hour is not favored since it provides actual numbers to compare  - 8 hours of charging would give you around 350 miles - more if not all highway miles.  The Tesla supercharger network can’t be beat and the speed is evolving constantly. The new version 4 will be capable of up to 350 kW. But like I said, only used if you stray far from home. 

Of course you know of the speed difference between the Plaid and the others  - it is so massive that many Porsche drivers no longer care about anything other than Apple Car play and interior buttons.

Perhaps drive both to decide. For in depth information watch AI day by Tesla on YouTube yesterday. 
    My concern would be old tech depreciating quickly due to repair costs ala 928. 
    Hope you get that I am just playing my ‘Tesla’ fan boy role assigned to me here. It is my duty to keep some of the FUD alive and some at bay now and then around here. I see the Taycan around here all the time and love the looks of it though honestly the Audi appeals to me more looks wise.  Speaking economics the Tesla I bought has been an absolutely crazy bargain. I have added windshield washer fluid and just last week a new set of Pilot Sport tires which last an impossible 40k miles. Imagine a 3 second 0-60 car driven like a mad man for 40 k miles on one set of super soft summer performance tires. That is traction control.  

Every single freaking paragraph is about Tesla in spite of lexs4 posting in the Taycan thread, making it clear he only wants to hear about the Taycan and asking Taycan owners. All the other comments about Tesla you mention from others are in response to YOU because of YOU. Do you get it now??? so quit being a baby playing the victim again, and blame everybody else for everything.

I was referring to posts since that one. Maybe that makes more sense. Hope so. 

Leawood911:

Again, those posts you are referring to are all in reply to your post where you made it about Tesla, so it course the replies are then going to mention Testa too.

If you look at all the other posts following lexs4's post that are not replying to your post, none of them mention Tesla, and are about the Taycan.

Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:

Again, those posts you are referring to are all in reply to your post where you made it about Tesla, so it course the replies are then going to mention Testa too.

If you look at all the other posts following lexs4's post that are not replying to your post, none of them mention Tesla, and are about the Taycan.

Really?  You just reposted my entire post which you felt strongly no one should be punished with reading again. I can’t make this stuff up. I’m not some baby, I’m not triggered. I’m a 59 year old man who simply has the good old fashioned balls to not be bullied. We can do this all day long but the hole you guys are digging is world class. 

I have heard of issues with the Taycan. Some I mentioned, many I did not. If I thought it was a good car I would have bought one too. Sadly I don’t even like the dealer in town much less the recent Porsches. Of course I would jump on a Touring GT3 any day and kiss the dealers ass as needed. 

I will do my best to respect your and anyones requests here - sometimes it is hard. 
    cheers gentlemen 

Just to pile on a bit, our family owns 2 Teslas and a Taycan Turbo.

I have money on both side of my mouth.  Neither the Teslas nor the Taycan are perfect.  The Taycan is more aggravating, without doubt.  I use it as a daily driver, not a weekend track car.

The Taycan persists in irritating PCM/infotainment issues, even after the famous MY2023 firmware "uPgrade".  I'm just about done with Taycans, but my experience seems at odds with other owners' experiences.  So, ... I've ordered a Taycan GTS Sport Tourismo that may arrive by early December.  If the new hardware fixes the issues, I'll likely be a happy camper.  If not, I'll sell it as quickly as I can purchase an alternative.  Maybe a Tesla?  Maybe some other form of BEV.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 992 GT3 Touring + Taycan Turbo + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + BMWs (Z8 + 3.0 CSi) + Bentley Arnage T

The PCM is a bit slow, convoluted menu system and not very intuitive. Not sure what your issue with PCM is, but there isn't much difference between my 2020 Taycan and 2022 Taycan CrossTurismo, if there was any 'improvement', I can't feel it or noticed. 

CarPlay pretty much fixed that, wireless CarPlay is especially nice for phone calls and navigation and stuff as I uses Waze heavily. But one thing that's really annoying is that CarPlay always hijack the audio function and won't return it nicely. Especially after a phone call. Or just switch the audio source to the phone for no reason other than it feels like it. No such issue in any of my other cars with CarPlay, well other brands not Porsche, seems to be a Porsche problem there. 

If you go back to Tesla, you will have to give up CarPlay 😉

Other EVs, I am dying to try the new Lucid, but I just don't have the motivation yet to even go check out one. 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661968 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401130 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254584 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229146 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4378 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853476 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761764 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM