Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2022] Ferrari Purosangue (SUV)

Need a person or another vehicle to provide scale.  

art.italy:
    crayphile:

A2F46F70-8B1E-4137-B0A6-A8794F0B104D.jpeg
    095935F4-B707-446A-8C0B-2DAA481E6DF8.jpeg

nice resortSmiley

LA drug dealer mobile - needs 28" spinners

SmileySmiley I have been trying to express my feelings about the car and your comment perfectly describes what I’m thinking.Smiley

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

CGX car nut:

Need a person or another vehicle to provide scale.  

So neither fish nor fowl.  Raised ride height to compromise handling yet no off-road capabilities beyond a gravel or snowy driveway. 

The same can be said about sportscars, not every car you own needs to be the most practical option, just look at the pricetag it carries, but there are other aspects of value too.

I believe this is the type of car that you need to see live in person too, I bet it has enormous presence, it's design is like no other SUV with those hips and height to width ratio coupled with it's overall size.

Personally it's too attention grabbing for my personal taste, not that I could afford one anyway, but I Iove seeing makers coming out with out of the ordinary passionate models like these instead of the more boring SUVs you see in this upper price range.

CGX car nut:

So neither fish nor fowl.  Raised ride height to compromise handling yet no off-road capabilities beyond a gravel or snowy driveway. 

You aren't looking at it from the right angle.

No Ferraris will go rock climbing like people with Jeeps do. Those 'capabilities' are useless to a Ferrari owner. They probably have souped up Defenders or Wranglers for that purpose.

Snow, gravel, muddy grass field this car can handle and that's all that's needed.

You say it's compromised in the handling department, but in this 'compromised' state, it will still out handles 90% of the vehicles out there. Good enough.

In Ferrari the company's and Ferrari's owners eyes, this is an expanded and improved version of the FF/Lusso, that's the selling point, and it nailed it. 

FF/Lusso was the 'practical' Ferrari. Many loved it. This has even more 'practicality'. Perhaps polarizing, but from certain point of view, this is a no brainer purchase. 

--

I somehow love this car but I will never own it! Of course, boot space could be bigger, but that is basically my only cirticism.

CGX car nut:

That's all you need to get to Courchevel or St Moritz.

Josef:

I somehow love this car but I will never own it! Of course, boot space could be bigger, but that is basically my only cirticism.

I think I am falling in your camp as well.   I think the category this is falling into is actually called a crossover... but Ferrari would hate us calling it that more than they would hate it being called a SUV Smiley

crayphile:
    CGX car nut:

That's all you need to get to Courchevel or St Moritz.

And so will a GTC4 Lusso.  

Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:

No Ferraris will go rock climbing like people with Jeeps do. Those 'capabilities' are useless to a Ferrari owner. They probably have souped up Defenders or Wranglers for that purpose.

Snow, gravel, muddy grass field this car can handle and that's all that's needed.

You say it's compromised in the handling department, but in this 'compromised' state, it will still out handles 90% of the vehicles out there. Good enough.

In Ferrari the company's and Ferrari's owners eyes, this is an expanded and improved version of the FF/Lusso, that's the selling point, and it nailed it. 

FF/Lusso was the 'practical' Ferrari. Many loved it. This has even more 'practicality'. Perhaps polarizing, but from certain point of view, this is a no brainer purchase. 

There is only one acceptable viewpoint?   I’ll wait for this vehicle to become the darling of the Kardashians and Hip Hop set.  That’s all it is good for. 

Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:

Nick, the FF looked like a gym shoe thus the reason for its relatively short life span. The same fate awaits this whatever you want to call it.Smiley

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

I love this car. No one comes close to Ferrari and the Italians in general in term of design flair (One just needs to look at fashion, architecture,...). I am also always skeptical of marketing claims, yet Ferrari is right in avoiding calling it an SUV. This vehicle represents a whole category of its own thanks to its V12 and the innovative suspension system.

At least it isn’t a nearly 5,000 pound compact four door with a four cylinder engine. 

It's a more expensive less practical Cayenne GT with a severe drinking problem  smiley

CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:

There is only one acceptable viewpoint?   I’ll wait for this vehicle to become the darling of the Kardashians and Hip Hop set.  That’s all it is good for. 

We all can have our own different opinions, sure. But Ferrari knows their own customers best. Ferrari knows what they want. 

Maybe you think the FF/Lusso is a failure cause it didn't sell in great numbers. Or this Purosangue isn't as capable as other 'off-roaders'. But both cars offered what Ferrari clients wanted and satisfy their needs. Remember this, Ferrari make cars for their clients, not for the general public, it's how it always had been.

--

There you go again, trying to insinuate something that one never posted.  The question is what does this vehicle offer over that the FF/Lusso brought to market?  If Ferrari offered cars to satisfy customer demand, the FF/Lusso would have sold in greater numbers than it did during its model run.  Ferrari will sell significant volumes of this vehicle to conquest purchasers who will flee the marque for the next new thing.

CGX car nut:

There you go again, trying to insinuate something that one never posted.  The question is what does this vehicle offer over that the FF/Lusso brought to market?  If Ferrari offered cars to satisfy customer demand, the FF/Lusso would have sold in greater numbers than it did during its model run.  Ferrari will sell significant volumes of this vehicle to conquest purchasers who will flee the marque for the next new thing.

Why you so edgy? Smiley

People that bought the FF/Lusso love theirs. Not counting myself, I know of many. All considered it a no brainer to buy a 'practical' Ferrari. That's good enough for Ferrari.

Purosangue has more power than the FF/Lusso

Purosangue has better access and roomier back seats than the FF/Lusso.

Purosangue has more cargo volume than the FF/Lusso.

Purosangue has higher seating position than the FF/Lusso.

Purosangue, with the new Multimatic 48V suspension system, should be at least a match to the FF/Lusso in the handling department. 

So what is it that you think the Purosangue is lacking compared to the FF/Lusso? 

It even has more ground clearance than the FF/Lusso for the trips to ski resorts. 

Ferrari aren't chasing the fad chasers dollars. They are for their bread and butter customers first. If others like it and rushed to it, fine by Ferrari too. And yes, reality stars and sports stars will be buying these, but they aren't the typical loyal Ferrari customers. Ferrari aren't depending on their money to survive however.

--

CGX car nut:

I say only one word: Urus. 

I know many Ferrari owners who came to Lamborghini to buy the Urus and after a while, they went for the sportscars as well. Clever marketing. I guess Ferrari knows what they're doing and the PS will sell very well.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:
    CGX car nut:

I know many Ferrari owners who came to Lamborghini to buy the Urus and after a while, they went for the sportscars as well. Clever marketing. I guess Ferrari knows what they're doing and the PS will sell very well.

Okay, does the Purosangue offer the utility found in the Urus?  On that measure this falls woefully short.  It's too compromised in terms of overall performance compared with the FF/Lusso, which is a very competent vehicle, and it lacks the utility found in more conventional SUV designs.  

What can the Urus do that the Purosangue can't? 

Or you are just speculating about the 'lack' of performance from the Purosangue? No one has a real test of the car yet so that's just......speculation.

And what is 'conventional' SUV design? Conventional is with a boxy rear end, but now everyone is doing a sloped one, some more extreme than others, so cargo room is compromised too, sometimes even head room. 

Face it, Purosangue isn't a conventional SUV, don't even think Ferrari called it a SUV. It's just a different kind of Ferrari. Perhaps it's own category. Not quite full SUV, not quite full CUV, not quite wagon. A wagon XL. 

--

Whoopsy:

Ferrari aren't chasing the fad chasers dollars. They are for their bread and butter customers first. If others like it and rushed to it, fine by Ferrari too. And yes, reality stars and sports stars will be buying these, but they aren't the typical loyal Ferrari customers. Ferrari aren't depending on their money to survive however.

This

Whoopsy:

What can the Urus do that the Purosangue can't? 

Or you are just speculating about the 'lack' of performance from the Purosangue? No one has a real test of the car yet so that's just......speculation.

And what is 'conventional' SUV design? Conventional is with a boxy rear end, but now everyone is doing a sloped one, some more extreme than others, so cargo room is compromised too, sometimes even head room. 

Face it, Purosangue isn't a conventional SUV, don't even think Ferrari called it a SUV. It's just a different kind of Ferrari. Perhaps it's own category. Not quite full SUV, not quite full CUV, not quite wagon. A wagon XL. 

A vehicle with a higher center of gravity and greater weight will not perform as well as a vehicle with lower weight and center of gravity. If this vehicle is a true performance vehicle, Ferrari would have touted its abilities with videos at the time of launch; they didn’t.  Anyone can make a quick enough SUV, by shoving a powerplant with a massive amount of horsepower and torque.  It’s getting that vehicle to turn and brake comfortably is the real issue and what a real enthusiast wants in a performance vehicle.    https://youtu.be/yajXhpsb63w

Don't under estimate the Multimatic trick suspension bits.

Reserve your judgement until after some reviews have trickled in. You ever been on a Cayenne driven at 10/10th? or even 9/10th? On a track? Completely sideways but very much under control? I have.

And you linked an American SUV, those are very different than European SUVs, especially in the handling department. And the video also includes the other 2 worse handling SUVs out there ever. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Americans car companies have a very curious way of tuning their 'sport' setting for suspension. My Mach E is one of those curious case. Stiff springs but cooked spaghetti shocks.  

The G Wagon was never meant to even go around corners. It's for going over rocks. Everything else is a compromise.

The Land Rover Range Rover. A cracker floating on a bowl of soup. Not even the SVR Ranger Rover Sport can do handling. 

Words leaking out from Italy says the Purosangue not only looks like a Taycan wagon XL, it handles like one too. if that's indeed the case, it would be at least on par with FF/Lusso.

--

I am sure it is going to sell like crazy. Already the four door offering is a huge plus. Probably no one with an Urus oder a Cayenne Turbo GT or similar car goes offroading. The Ferrari should certainly be the better handling car on roads compared to those two (obviously not based on evidence so far) and that is what counts. I also think it looks absolutely great and it still has a NA V12 engine, which no competitor can offer. It even has all the driving assistants for the lazy drivers. So, whats not to like? If I would win the lottery, I would defintely order one indecision

Did someone already mention the base price? Seems to be 318.381,00 Euro withouth VAT in Europe, so much more expensive than an Urus.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Did someone already mention the base price? Seems to be 318.381,00 Euro withouth VAT in Europe, so much more expensive than an Urus.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Will be almost double the price of a base Urus once specced up. Two different categories of cars. Most owners will also have a SUV in the household which may even be an Urus.

Honestly, I cannot find anything attractive about the design of this Purosangue. Not as a Ferrari but as any car.

The overall shape alludes more to the Korean and Japanese design language than to the classic Pininfarina exquisite style of old which has made Ferrari into desirable objects.

This car will definitely find buyers because there are many Ferrari-crazy people around the world and anyway this car won't be made in thousands so that to test real demand.

For me the only "elevated" car (since the Purosangue is not an SUV) worth spending lots of money is the Turbo GT.

But some people believe that they "move up" when buying a Ferrari. Like someone who drives a 992 Turbo S but aspires to a Ferrari Roma based on his social scale criteria.

BTW, why give this name to a kind of crossover vehicle? Purosangue means pure blood used mainly in the context of thoroughbred horses. An appropriate name for a Ferrari but not for this type of car.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

RC:
    CGX car nut:

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752975 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430647 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258561 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255445 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868252 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801796 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM