Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Driving Impression: Aston Martin DB9 Volante

This one's for you Ron, read this and go buy one, I dare you
    Driving Impression: Aston Martin DB9 Volante

Re: Driving Impression: Aston Martin DB9 Volante

Thanks temm very tempting but can caugh up the cash now . I'll get me one of these bad boys before I kick the bucket .

lol! I'm with you Ron!

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Thanks temm very tempting but can caugh up the cash now . I'll get me one of these bad boys before I kick the bucket .

I hope that is soon - that you get one, not that you kick the bucket

Is guess I will have come over yonder to visit my friend in The Woodlands when you get one...

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

I hope that is soon - that you get one, not that you kick the bucket

Is guess I will have come over yonder to visit my friend in The Woodlands when you get one...

Let me know when you're in town we hook you up with some good 'ol BBQ stuff to shoot your colostral sky high .

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Let me know when you're in town we hook you up with some good 'ol BBQ stuff to shoot your colostral sky high .

Hmmm...appears that a Norwegian visitor's bucket will be in range of a kick. Danger! Danger!

The DB9 is a great car, I have one. I would never buy another Aston Martin, unless I had at least 20 cars to drive when the Aston Martin was in the shop. I bought my DB9 on March 11th and it has been in the shop for about 40 days. The check engine light has been on for probably 50 days at least. Also I have been disappointed with the company and the dealership as a whole (email me at k@kdub.net if you want more info).

Like the article says, you will attract lots of attention with the car. I was surprised as to how much attention I was receiving with the car. A great car when runnning, but the downsides will probably keep me away from Aston for a while.

Kunal

Congrats on your car Kunal, sorry to hear about the malfuctions. Would perhaps maybe have some pics of your beauty?

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

Hmmm...appears that a Norwegian visitor's bucket will be in range of a kick. Danger! Danger!

No worries, after living in Waco for a year, and getting hooked on BBQ, my cholesterol is already "up there"
    We can even get smokers and hickorywood overe here, even though hickory doesn't grow in Norway (thank you Weber )
    But I will rather have a real Texas cook-off any day...

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Congrats on your car Kunal, sorry to hear about the malfuctions. Would perhaps maybe have some pics of your beauty?

I do have some pics. They can be seen at http://www.kdub.net/car.php

Kunal

Quote:
    kunal said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Kunal

Beautiful beautiful beautiful car!! thanks for sharing the pics!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    kunal said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Kunal

Beautiful beautiful beautiful car!! thanks for sharing the pics!

It sure is when it isn't in the shop!!

@Kunal: LOL! does it really have that much problems?! But overall are you happy about the car or if you had a second chance, would you buy another car?

Quote:
    kunal said:
    The DB9 is a great car, I have one. I would never buy another Aston Martin, unless I had at least 20 cars to drive when the Aston Martin was in the shop. I bought my DB9 on March 11th and it has been in the shop for about 40 days. The check engine light has been on for probably 50 days at least. Also I have been disappointed with the company and the dealership as a whole (email me at k@kdub.net if you want more info).

Like the article says, you will attract lots of attention with the car. I was surprised as to how much attention I was receiving with the car. A great car when runnning, but the downsides will probably keep me away from Aston for a while.

Kunal

Your expce sounds terrible...but, to be fair, there are guys out there w/similar negative expces w/individual copies of any brand one can think of.....personally, I'm not a big fan of DB9, except its exterior styling and exhaust note, but do have 3-4 colleagues w/DB9s who use them as daily drivers and have found DB9 roughly as reliable as their current/recent F/P/Mercs....

To respond to both Mike S & VKSF:

The DB9 is a great car. When I could drive it, it was great. I agree with VKSF that there are perfect examples of the DB9, and mine is probably only one of the few that is having problems. The problem I have is that when you pay nearly $200k, you do expect a level of service to go along with the car. Especially since service is what draws people to AM (it was one of the selling points for me). I mean look at http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/aston_martin_la.php3?t=&s (although I think this is over the top).

Personally, I believe AMNA should have stepped up and sent a better technician to take a look at my car, after it was in the shop for so long. When talking to a customer services manager, he said that AMNA should know when a car is in the shop for more then 3 days. They didn't even know about my car being in the shop for that long (it had been about 35 days at that point). Then he said he would contact me in 2 days to see how he could arrange possibly a new car or my money back. Almost 2 weeks later I haven't heard from him. So personally, I have not been to happy with AMNA.

Back to the point, after this experience I do not think I will buy another Aston Martin. And to be fair, if my car was working and I never had a problem, I probably would never have talked to anyone at AMNA. If I could do it over, I would have kept my 996 and waited for the 997TT.

Kunal

that's no good kunal, for a car like that one would expect top notch service... which obsviously isn't the case. i had a lot of problems with my VW Touareg for the first few months, but luckily the service I got was good, so MOST of the problems have been sorted out, but there is still one or two glitches left they are still busy finding solutions for. i hope everything works out with you and your AM

Kunal, sounds like your dealer and/or AMNA really bungled....every car co. has lemons; it's how they handle an unfortunate situation that matters. Given how robust 360/430/996TTS/SL55/65, etc are (at least based on my personal expce and anecdotal feedback from pals), AM will really struggle to develop a buyer base if they mistreat guys who prob already have good relationships w/their F/P/Merc dealers.....after all, most of guys I know who got DB9 were merely bored after already having a few SL55/360/996TT that they had enjoyed...so the switch out of a customer-unfriendly AM ain't that tough....lots of great, robust, daily-useable cars out there in the $150-200K+ zipcode .....

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Kunal, sounds like your dealer and/or AMNA really bungled....every car co. has lemons; it's how they handle an unfortunate situation that matters. Given how robust 360/430/996TTS/SL55/65, etc are (at least based on my personal expce and anecdotal feedback from pals), AM will really struggle to develop a buyer base if they mistreat guys who prob already have good relationships w/their F/P/Merc dealers.....after all, most of guys I know who got DB9 were merely bored after already having a few SL55/360/996TT that they had enjoyed...so the switch out of a customer-unfriendly AM ain't that tough....lots of great, robust, daily-useable cars out there in the $150-200K+ zipcode .....

VKSF, I completely agree. I have had a good relationship with the P-car and Merc dealers. One of our friends at the Merc dealer is actually telling me what all needs to be done to pursue the lemon law, and how to go about it. I've never bought a car from him (although my dad has bought a few). Oh well, I will keep you guys updated (and thanks for the support) as soon I hear something.

Also does anyone have any suggestions on cars I should think about for daily use? Since I'm trying to lemon the DB9, I'm thinking of just waiting till the 997TT comes out, but if others have suggestions please let me know (oh and I want a more sporty car again, so no SL65)!

Thanks,
    Kunal

I'm very sorry for the problems you have with your car.
    I have a DB9 since nov.2004 and I had ANY problem til today...

Quote:
    kunal said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:

VKSF, I completely agree. I have had a good relationship with the P-car and Merc dealers. One of our friends at the Merc dealer is actually telling me what all needs to be done to pursue the lemon law, and how to go about it. I've never bought a car from him (although my dad has bought a few). Oh well, I will keep you guys updated (and thanks for the support) as soon I hear something.

Also does anyone have any suggestions on cars I should think about for daily use? Since I'm trying to lemon the DB9, I'm thinking of just waiting till the 997TT comes out, but if others have suggestions please let me know (oh and I want a more sporty car again, so no SL65)!

Thanks,
    Kunal

I have a Gallardo with 12000 miles NEVER A PROBLEM.
    In the shop for 1500 mile service $275. 7500 mile vservice $465.
    That's it . German engineering!

I thought about a Gallardo, but the only problem is here in Washington we don't have a Lambo dealer.

Kunal

Quote:
    kunal said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:

Thanks,
    Kunal

Price no object, if I wanted to have a single, daily-use and wkend car, I would choose btwn 996TTS and 997S....both are superbly engineered precision-driving sports/GT cars w/tremendous safety systems and overall reliability....at least to me, these P's capture many of the best performance and safety/comfort/reliability qualities of F and Merc in one, low-profile package....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763827 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436167 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260895 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257857 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82579 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876581 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808522 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM