Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 992 Language: English Region: Worldwide Sticky: yes Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022

GT-Boy:

There is no evidence to suggest that the expensive solutions that the politicians are recommending will stop or even slow down Climate Change.  It's quire possible that we could follow every one of their recommendations, spend Trillion$ and make no impact on the climate whatsoever.

Science has recommendations and I see the logic behind the science and their results but I think that the approach is the wrong one. Stopping climate change is impossible if only a few countries (mostly Western countries) adopt strict climate protection protocols. It just isn't working, every climate change expert can tell you that.

Yes, there is a climate change (whoever denies it also probably thinks that there earth is flat or there never has been a moon landing) but even if most scientific data suggests humans are to blame for it, we cannot stop it in time to avoid the changes. We need to be realistic here and not stubborn, destroying strong economies in the name of a cause which isn't really supported by many countries on this planet. We do not live isolated on Earth, we live together. If your neighbor decides he doesn't want to throw his trash into trash cans but in the nearby river, there is nothing you can do about it. We lost the power of influence when we put our economies first and started manufacturing stuff in China and other countries and when we decided to make ourselves dependent of gas from Russia and oil from the Middle East.

Fact is: The West is done if we continue this way. Morality doesn't feed your kids and morality doesn't prevent conflicts/wars. 

We need to adopt to climate change, this is the most viable way and probably the cheapest one as well. 

Technology and science can do a lot to make the adaptation possible but instead, we put all of our energy into making people's lives harder and more expensive. How long do you think normal people with low/average incomes will play this game? Political radicalization happens for a reason and it isn't difficult to understand what is going on there.

You cannot expect people in the West to make less money, to have less comfort and to suffer, while people in other countries are starting to profit from our changes for the sake of saving the climate. We cannot save the climate alone and the others just don't want/care. Lots of big words from China and others when it comes to protecting this planet but the reality is: Countries like China, Russia, India and others don't give a fuck. They just agree to certain stuff here and there to make their Western counterparts and business partners happy but the population couldn't care less.

Adaptation to climate change is the solution and trying to find indefinite(!) energy sources like fusion or even renewable energies. I like Germany's approach regarding green energy BUT this is something you can do when you have the safety of a nuclear backup plan. We don't. Once we have sufficient renewable energy, we can afford the luxury of saying good-bye to nuclear plants but right now? Big mistake. Also...even with renewable energy, energy will be needed more and more in the future, look at electric cars for example. So in the end, we are going to have a mix of renewable energy like wind, water, solar and...fusion. This is the only thing making sense for a bright future. Period. 

I hope that at some point in the future, energy cost will be ridiculously low. This is the moment we all will prosper because everything is based on energy, our whole life and modern tech. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC

:...

We need to adopt to climate change, this is the most viable way and probably the cheapest one as well. 

Adopting to climate change sounds easy when you live in the south of Germany.  If you live on the coast with rising sea levels, it sounds different

I don't have children. If I had children, I would probably do more to prevent the mass migrations that are necessary for the survival of the people concerned.

Doing nothing at all is certainly worse than trying something

Moving away from coastal region to higher ground is part of adaptation.......

But according to a few studies, the Earth's orbital shape and the tilt, aka Milankovitch Cycle, are still in the 'warm' zone, but we are heading to the cold zone and the ice age cycle will be coming next. 

No one is willing to say it, but over population is the primary issue at hand. 

--

I’ve been following, and even involved in UN and UN-related work on the matter since the Earth Summit in Rio in 1992, participating to a number of COPs which, to my great despair, never brought anything serious except weak consensuses around, and distressing communiqués about climate actions. A big shift occurred at the COP 27 in Sharm El Sheikh in 2022 (30 years after Rio…) where it was finally agreed to forget about promesses that will never be kept and other similar bullshit talk to focus on climate adaptation indeed, and to start discussing about how to financially compensate those who will suffer the most from climate change. In other words, be reassured about climate actions to reduce GHG emissions, this will never happen, at least at a global, coordinated, scale.

About the EU, an issue is that the whole concept is based on an ideology, and therefore all is ruled by ideology. It is cultural, this and PR taking systematically precedence over realism. We could find dozens of examples, the latest being the Critical Raw Materials Act, and discuss for hours and hours on this extraordinary ability that Brussels has to do everything upside down. Considering even second-order consequences is not part of its mental model...

--

Nicolas
    Macan S/Ex-997.1/997.2 S/991.1 S/991.1 C4 GTS

Whoopsy:

Moving away from coastal region to higher ground is part of adaptation.......

Even in rich countries it will be difficult to move millions of people to higher parts of the country. And you have to move the industry as well.

Millions of people in poor countries will move to the rich countries. Problems like today at the Mexican/US border or in Europe will be kindergarten in comparison. 

regarding her population I completely agree 

Those that are concerned with climate change like myself agree that the eco system of Earth is constantly changing. Little to nothing can be done by humans to change that.

However, what humans can do is NOT to affect the natural forces by our activities. This is the crux of the problem for humanity on this planet.

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

Whoopsy: 

You been hangin' out with these guys?:  https://www.clubofrome.org/ltg50/

I was forced to read "Limits to Growth" in graduate school and discuss its contents.  What a crock.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 992 Dakar + 992 GT3 Touring + Taycan GTS ST + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + BMWs (Z8 + 3.0 CSi) + Bentley Arnage T

Whoopsy:

This is the root of not only the anthropogenic global warming crisis, but also unsustainable natural resources exploitation, increasing contamination, and destruction of natural habitats and ecosystems, but politicians will never acknowledge or talk about this issue.

Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

This is the root of not only the anthropogenic global warming crisis, but also unsustainable natural resources exploitation, increasing contamination, and destruction of natural habitats and ecosystems, but politicians will never acknowledge or talk about this issue.

And Elon Musk says that humanity is at greatest risk due to too little population growth Smiley

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.9L Twin-Plug MFI Carbon Fiber replica. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi, 06 EVO9 with track mods

Grant:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

And Elon Musk says that humanity is at greatest risk due to too little population growth Smiley

Yes I've heard that too but by know we all know Elon Musk is full of sh!t... If we had to list all the stupid things Elon Musk has said we would be here forever...

Whoopsy:

This subject has been discussed and debated publicly at length, especially at the UN:

https://www.unfpa.org/swp2023

--

Nicolas

W8MM:
    Whoopsy: 

I was forced to read "Limits to Growth" in graduate school and discuss its contents.  What a crock.

Haha, never heard of them before now.

--

The people of the WEF at Davos think the ideal human population of Earth is 500 Million People.

Nico997:
    Whoopsy:

This subject has been discussed and debated publicly at length, especially at the UN:

--

Nicolas

What a waste of money to 'debate' such a thing. 

Can we all not just use 'common sense'?

It's literally in plain sight. Every day I drive north towards the mountains, decades ago when I first moved here, the mountain is full of trees. Now I look up big chunks of the forest are gone, replaced by endless rows of houses. Same can be said for anywhere where people are living close to natural forest. The tress are moving back, replaced by more and more houses. 

Trees are the most important element on Earth to sustain life, they are the only species that takes away CO2 and make O2 for us and everything else to breathe. That's basic science from elementary school. 

And I haven't even gotten to the food chain issue. And needs for other resources. 

I had already explained to my kids, I do not NEED to be a grandparent, I am perfectly happy with just the two of them. They don't need to have children because of me, they will have children because THEY wanted to, and if they don't want any, then it's extremely acceptable also. And just like that, I did my duty to be a responsible habitat on Earth. And if they really don't want any children, then it's 4.2 less human for the future. 

I was happy to have 1 before, my ex-wife and I are perfectly fine with just a single child, but we got pressured into having the 2nd one, one reason they are 7 years apart. I am not putting that kind of pressure on my kids. 

--

Grant:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Musk is saying this out of self financial interest. His space program needs projects other than placing and replacing satellites to keep it viable. 

What he did to Ukraine (denying them permission to use his satellites to target Russian military assets ) is inexcusable. His refusal cost many Ukrainian lives. Smiley

--

Is that what the liberal media been telling you?

I do believe at that point in time Starlink isn't a defence contractor, he isn't obliged to send out freebies to the US Government, and his other contract was only to send satellites to space and missions to ISS. And Ukraine most certainly did not retain his service either. 

And the satellites covering that part of the area wasn't even on service to begin with.

Ukraine, Zelensky, THOUGHT Starlink coverage for that part of the area is active, they assumed it to be. But when they find out it isn't because it was never on to start off with, they had communicate a late request to Elon to enable them.

At that point in time Elon had a choice to enable it or not. He chose not to to not be explicitly complicit in starting a major war or escalation of a conflict. 

Don't blame him, cause the US government will just pile on him anyway saying it's not us but a private company that did it. He will be the villain one way or another.

I don't blindly hate the guy or anything he does. I only categorically comment on each thing separately as they are. 

I will probably praise him if he can make a Tesla that can rival a GT3RS on track and fit and finish. It's too bad he isn't interested in making performance cars, real performance cars. 

--

Whoopsy:
    W8MM:
    Whoopsy: 

You should as your PM’s father was a pivotal part of pushing this agenda when he was PM in the 1970s. https://niche-canada.org/2022/10/03/environmental-aspirations-in-an-unsettled-time-pierre-elliott-trudeau-the-club-of-rome-and-canadian-environmental-politics-in-the-1970s/

Whoopsy:

Is that what the liberal media been telling you?

I do believe at that point in time Starlink isn't a defence contractor, he isn't obliged to send out freebies to the US Government, and his other contract was only to send satellites to space and missions to ISS. And Ukraine most certainly did not retain his service either. 

And the satellites covering that part of the area wasn't even on service to begin with.

Ukraine, Zelensky, THOUGHT Starlink coverage for that part of the area is active, they assumed it to be. But when they find out it isn't because it was never on to start off with, they had communicate a late request to Elon to enable them.

At that point in time Elon had a choice to enable it or not. He chose not to to not be explicitly complicit in starting a major war or escalation of a conflict. 

Don't blame him, cause the US government will just pile on him anyway saying it's not us but a private company that did it. He will be the villain one way or another.

I don't blindly hate the guy or anything he does. I only categorically comment on each thing separately as they are. 

I will probably praise him if he can make a Tesla that can rival a GT3RS on track and fit and finish. It's too bHe isn't interested in making performance cars, real performance cars. 

No, I stated the facts which you confirmed in your response. Ukraine wanted to take out Russian military assets which they knew would be used against Ukrainian cities and civilians. Musk refused to provide them the satilttle data needed to defend themselves. If the US is providing weapons, it was incumbent on Musk to help in their use. Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    Nico997:
    Whoopsy:

--

Nicolas

What a waste of money to ‘debate’ such a thing,

Can we all not just use 'common sense'?

It's literally in plain sight. Every day I drive north towards the mountains, decades ago when I first moved here, the mountain is full of trees. Now I look up big chunks of the forest are gone, replaced by endless rows of houses. Same can be said for anywhere where people are living close to natural forest. The tress are moving back, replaced by more and more houses. 

Trees are the most important element on Earth to sustain life, they are the only species that takes away CO2 and make O2 for us and everything else to breathe. That's basic science from elementary school. 

And I haven't even gotten to the food chain issue. And needs for other resources. 

You wrote ‘no one is willing to say it’. My point is that it is not true: this topic has been openly discussed AND debated because not everyone agrees with the point of view you are expressing here. Nothing hidden, no conspiracies.

That said, what does ‘just use common sense’ mean concretely in terms of actions beyond one dad’s advice? These issues are slightly more complex than a Formula 1 Grand Prix to be discussed with a beer in a bar chat.

The link I provided you with has answers to your point about food and resources.

--

Nicolas

CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:
    W8MM:
    Whoopsy: 

You should as your PM’s father was a pivotal part of pushing this agenda when he was PM in the 1970s. https://niche-canada.org/2022/10/03/environmental-aspirations-in-an-unsettled-time-pierre-elliott-trudeau-the-club-of-rome-and-canadian-environmental-politics-in-the-1970s/

Indeed. And beyond Canada, this is the report that served as the basis for the development of all national, regional and international environmental policies deployed until today. If you want to understand the rational, and make your own assessment of these policies, then you need to know what this report contains.
    --

Nicolas

Coming back talking about the RS...

Well..i put down an order for the RS in 2021...then my dealer has got only 2 allocation in 2022 for the 2023 production,and due to some strange thing no allocation of those 2 cars was for me.

Then in 2022 i tell him to give me an allocation for the ST...and he promised me one.

As we know the ST pop up in august and as promised he give me that allocation.

Problem...i don't whant the ST,aestetically is too much a GT3 Touring and ok is limited,but costs too much for me...i can pay such some money for something really special...but not for a thing that i don't like so much.I whant to see a race car when i open the garage.. and what is better than that wing?smiley

Told this,i ask to turn the allocation again back to the Gt3 RS,that is a car that i really like from the start,and he will give me the first allocation of the 2024 production.

Now the thing is...which colour?yellow/black,white red?i would love white/green but before they tell they release that configuration possible also in Europe,but then nothing happened.

PTS i don't know if there is a window at the right time but inside you can choose a limited kind of stitching and for example with the birch green outside i don't know what to choose.

decisions,decisions...mail

--

Cayenne Turbo GT

The green on the Italian flag outside, white stitchings and red steel brakes paying homage to the Tricolore flag?

--

Whoopsy:

The green on the Italian flag outside, white stitchings and red steel brakes paying homage to the Tricolore flag?

good idea...but the Pyton green seem less shiny than the Lizard i had,i will think about

I took in consideration also Gulf Orange/Black and inside black with lava stitching.

But i had the 991.1 Lava Orange,the 991.2 Lizard green...and i whant to change the base colour.

Great is also the colour of your GT4RS,but i'm not strong enough to choose it.Smiley

--

Cayenne Turbo GT

Nick, I find it interesting that you, Mike and Grnil all track people have not bought the 992GT3RS. It's suppose to be the ultimate track car. yes

--

nberry:

Nick, I find it interesting that you, Mike and Grnil all track people have not bought the 992GT3RS. It's suppose to be the ultimate track car. yes

I buy track-credible Porsches to mostly drive on the street, without enormous sacrifices in usability and comfort.  I have previously sworn off 911s with wings, if they have license plates.  If I wanted a dedicated track car (and I don't), I would buy a slightly used 911 Cup car.  The GT3 Touring, to be replaced by a 911 S/T, is my kind of 911, now.

You may ask about the wing on the GT4RS.  That car is a weekend-with-my-son-in-law car with which we can occasionally have some bro bonding.

No more 911RS for me.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 992 Dakar + 992 GT3 Touring + Taycan GTS ST + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + BMWs (Z8 + 3.0 CSi) + Bentley Arnage T

Whoopsy:

That is actually not a bad idea. Smiley

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)

Pilot:
    Whoopsy:

That is actually not a bad idea. Smiley

+1!

nberry:

Nick, I find it interesting that you, Mike and Grnil all track people have not bought the 992GT3RS. It's suppose to be the ultimate track caryes

Ultimate trackable street car. An ultimate track car would be a proper race car with no compromises.

The GT3RS is also too much car for mountain road carving. 

Which means, it is stuck in no mans land. 

4RS on the other hand, isn't the typical 'RS' where Porsche tuned it for maximum track performance, it is leaning more toward the street side, with the smaller size it is perfect for drives on mountain roads. 

If one is able to, put a race car on a trailer and tow it with a comfortable vehicle, SUV or pickup. No more suffering on bumpy street road just to get to the track, and if there are any mishaps, there is still a car to go home with.

But if someone lives near to a track, then yes of course one can drive a GT3RS to the track to have fun then back home. Like a day trip or an overnighter. 

--

Super Darius:
    Whoopsy:

good idea...but the Pyton green seem less shiny than the Lizard i had,i will think about

I took in consideration also Gulf Orange/Black and inside black with lava stitching.

But i had the 991.1 Lava Orange,the 991.2 Lizard green...and i whant to change the base colour.

Great is also the colour of your GT4RS,but i'm not strong enough to choose it.Smiley

Haha it's just dark purple, very understated compared to your Lizard Green.......Smiley

--

Whoopsy:  But if someone lives near to a track, then yes of course one can drive a GT3RS to the track to have fun then back home. Like a day trip or an overnighter.

Yes, that would be my situation (1 hour drive to track).  And the RS comes with a warranty and you can drive it to the dealer/mechanic.  I live in the city without room (or desire) for a truck and trailer.

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.9L Twin-Plug MFI Carbon Fiber replica. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi, 06 EVO9 with track mods

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781838 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442824 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263480 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261878 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85969 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5996 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881646 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819590 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM