Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: MP3 - Frustrated and Cheated

meaning??? to much money or impossible. Bravo Porsche!
    Customer satisfaction 2 out of 10
    After Sales support -10

Re: MP3 - playing capability - good news!!!

I too would like MP3 connectivity. I understand that the 997 has a CD changer preparation in the luggage copartment. What does it look like. In my 996 there was a set of phono plugs and it was easy to connect a portable MP3 palyer. I realise the 997 has the MOST bus but what do the conncetors look like. I did not spec a CD changer

Hi RC, I had placed new order 997S in HK on early April . It will be made on June and ETA HK on Aug. After read you news, I check with HK Dealer. They said my order is 2005 model year. So my 997s will not have MP3 software or any update kit. Unless I change to 2006 model and the shipment date will be Sep ETA HK. But the price will be increase 3-5%. Should I send your advice to Headquarter?

RC, do you have any up to date info on the MP3 ability and exactly what date this change will take place?

no news yet??????

The MP3 playing capability IS NOT GOOD NEWS to those of us who have already got 997's if there is no facility to upgrade for our PCM. There should be a concerted effort to get Porsche to offer the upgrade either free or at minimal cost.

Jonathan

Quote:
    jonathanw said:
    The MP3 playing capability IS NOT GOOD NEWS to those of us who have already got 997's if there is no facility to upgrade for our PCM. There should be a concerted effort to get Porsche to offer the upgrade either free or at minimal cost.

Jonathan

Theoretically, it should be free since it's the same model year. At least, that's what seems logical to me.

So what do we do about it.How do we pressurise Porsche?

Quote:
    jonathanw said:
    So what do we do about it.How do we pressurise Porsche?

Sorry guys, Porsche covered their rear ends with this statement in the owner's manual:

"It has always been Porsche's policy to continuously
    improve its products. Porsche, therefore, reserves
    the right to make changes in design and
    specification, and to make additions or
    improvements in its product without incurring any
    obligation to install them on products previously
    manufactured."

Phil

in other words you are screwed just like i am with the integrated phone module. My 997 is a sept build and does not have the GSM slot and there is no retrofit....and probably will not be.

ouch. this thread's title by RC is a BIT displaced...

Quote:
    jonathanw said:

Jonathan

It's worse news for us poor underdog Boxster owners - we have to pay serious PoundsPoundsPounds$$$ to get PCM in the first place.

RC, the "New" PCM2 version should, by your account, be starting to show up in the May delivered cars. Has anyone taken delivery of one recently that could shed light on the MP3 ability of this "Revised" system? My Cab was built May 2 and is scheduled to come in next week so I'll be checking.

Quote:
    woody77 said:
    RC, the "New" PCM2 version should, by your account, be starting to show up in the May delivered cars. Has anyone taken delivery of one recently that could shed light on the MP3 ability of this "Revised" system? My Cab was built May 2 and is scheduled to come in next week so I'll be checking.

I'll tell you soon if it works or not. (C2S may built)

Carlos gets his 997 Carrera S soon too...I'm really curious.

just saw my 997S today at the dealer, they are getting it ready for customer delivery, installing the radar detector, waiting for the plates, etc.

I'm picking it up Friday, so as soon as I get it I will test the mp3 compatibility as see if its being installed on 997's alreday or if its delayed, and will report on it

BTW, I didn't get a long look at it, just a quick glance since I was kind of in a hurry and had other things to do but the two things that struck me is the ride height, even with the shocks not being broken-in and settled yet, the lower stance of the -20mm was noticeable to me after being used to seeing std. 997 and PASM 997's, and the other thing is that the chromed sport exhaust tips actaully look good in person. I didn't like them in the pictures but in person they blend nicely with the curved rear

And you had no camera with you? Shame on you.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    just saw my 997S today at the dealer, they are getting it ready for customer delivery, installing the radar detector, waiting for the plates, etc.

I'm picking it up Friday, so as soon as I get it I will test the mp3 compatibility as see if its being installed on 997's alreday or if its delayed, and will report on it

BTW, I didn't get a long look at it, just a quick glance since I was kind of in a hurry and had other things to do but the two things that struck me is the ride height, even with the shocks not being broken-in and settled yet, the lower stance of the -20mm was noticeable to me after being used to seeing std. 997 and PASM 997's, and the other thing is that the chromed sport exhaust tips actaully look good in person. I didn't like them in the pictures but in person they blend nicely with the curved rear

Carlos,
    get some sleep and rest buddy; cuz you'll be driving it non-stop for at least 48 hours .

Carlos, dude,
    ALWAYS have a camera you buddy!
    Shame on you indeed!
    Dear Rennteamers, please send 1 euro each to Carlos so that the dumbo can get himself at least a camera phone!!!
    Looking forward to Friday buddy!

mea culpa, mea culpa... I even had the mobile phone with built in VGA cam in my pocket but fortgot to use it! but I promise some scenic shots this weekend in the few moments that I'm letting then engine cool down a bit

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

mea culpa, mea culpa... I even had the mobile phone with built in VGA cam in my pocket but fortgot to use it! but I promise some scenic shots this weekend in the few moments that I'm letting then engine cool down a bit

Control yourself too mate!
    You wanna brake this baby the proper way considering the high performance driving you're going to inflict on it in its life!

Carlos good news man!!

What about PSE did it arrive on car?

The gauges are black also ,everything okey?

Carlos, nearly time to update your avatar!

Don't worry Fanch I always follow factory break-in procedure, always varying velocity, proper revs, etc

Dilinger, its got the PSE. But I din't order black gaouges.

igzaklee, almost!

oh sorry!! and what about all other specs...come on man i m more anxious than you are!!! Get some pics!!

I prefer white or light colored gauges on sportcars but thats just my taste. I get some pics this weekend and will try to finish the brake-in quick and then post mp3 files of the PSE from inside/out side, on/off, accel/pass by, etc.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    I prefer white or light colored gauges on sportcars but thats just my taste. I get some pics this weekend and will try to finish the brake-in quick and then post mp3 files of the PSE from inside/out side, on/off, accel/pass by, etc.

I tried to do a recording, using two different cameras. Unfortunately wind noise was horrible above 80 kph and below it, the sound wasn't really the "real" thing.
    I even used a Dolby 5.1 video cam and the sound wasn't better either. The best video/sound I've seen/heard so far comes from our User SEVEN. But the sound is still not accurate, I hope you have more luck or better knowledge how to do the job right. Video/sound stuff isn't really my thing.

Maybe tough then, I'll try my best but I'm not expert either

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Maybe tough then, I'll try my best but I'm not expert either

I can' t wait to see your photos Carlos and to hera ' the beast'...hope you will manage it, but I can imagine that you will be busy driving the monster!

Hi RC,
    HK agent replied:Hello Martin,

I have no comments to your information from the attached website, it is not an
    official Porsche announcement.

But we received information from Porsche that the MP3 reading via CD will start in
    September production for sports cars. Whether it is possible to upgrade the cars
    before is still unknown, but I see chance very low.

We will get production planning of your C2S very soon."

Should I check with Porsche Head quarter?
    My new 997S will be made in June!!
    Please comment.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802946 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448474 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265998 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89998 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6489 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885530 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832805 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM