Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed

BjoernB:

RS models have always kept their values nicely - no rush - and maybe it was the last RS of it's Kind....

The problem is that prices used to be above list price for there last 18-24 months or so. This has rarely (if never) been the case before. If one wants to replace the car with a successor and one still finds somebody "intelligent" enough to pay a premium on the list price I would recommend to do it right away... This might be over soon if it is not over yet Smiley

bluelines:

Darius, I don't get why you want to sell the RS yes You waited for years because of production delays and after a short ownership you part with it? Keep it and enjoy it kiss That is why you got it, right.

nope...i don't whant to sell.Last week two dealers contact me and made me some offer becouse they have customers in search for an RS...and they know in which condition is mine.

They made me an offer,i was only wondering if one day i can regret to tell no to the offer,due for sure when i will take the decision to sell i will loose money due nobody will whant anymore an RS like mine. SmileySmiley

Really i don't whant to stay another one and half/two years without a car,but is also difficult to tell no to who whant to pay me the car more than what i pay an year ago and 8k kms ago.Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Super Darius:
    MKSGR:
    Super Darius:

guys any updates on the RS MK2?

there will be or not?

i have strong offers for mine,and i don't whant to sell....but if we are sure there will be a MK2,maybe i can think about  one time again...

If you have good offers I would sell before it is too late... There will be nice cars to chose from next year Smiley

i know...and believe me is the first time this kind of thing happen to me...usually with car i loose only money and much!

the only alternative i see is the Gt2 RS,but is too much money for me,i can stay around 200/240 K euros...and the only car i "can/whant" is a 911.

so no much to choose...or the Gt3 RS MK2...or stay with my RS(that i love and that is still perfect).

BTW i know that if i whant to sell with a profit i must sell now,wait two months i think is just too much.

If you look at it in a positive sense you have two options after selling your car at a premium: get a 991.2 RS or - in the highly unlikely event that there would be no FL RS - buy one of the several 100 RS available on the market next year for a lower price than achieved today Smiley 

MKSGR:
    Super Darius:
    MKSGR:
    Super Darius:

there will be or not?

i have strong offers for mine,and i don't whant to sell....but if we are sure there will be a MK2,maybe i can think about  one time again...

If you have good offers I would sell before it is too late... There will be nice cars to chose from next year Smiley

i know...and believe me is the first time this kind of thing happen to me...usually with car i loose only money and much!

the only alternative i see is the Gt2 RS,but is too much money for me,i can stay around 200/240 K euros...and the only car i "can/whant" is a 911.

so no much to choose...or the Gt3 RS MK2...or stay with my RS(that i love and that is still perfect).

BTW i know that if i whant to sell with a profit i must sell now,wait two months i think is just too much.

If you look at it in a positive sense you have two options after selling your car at a premium: get a 991.2 RS or - in the highly unlikely event that there would be no FL RS - buy one of the several 100 RS available on the market next year for a lower price than achieved today Smiley 

SmileySmiley Makes a lot of sense and why I sold my GT3. Now I am high on the list to get the first .2RS.

--

To learn how to live is to learn how to hang on. To learn how to die is to learn how to let go.

nberry:
    MKSGR:
    Super Darius:
    MKSGR:
    Super Darius:

there will be or not?

SmileySmiley Makes a lot of sense and why I sold my GT3. Now I am high on the list to get the first .2RS.

Nick - have you discussed with your dealer the possibility that the .2 RS will be either the 991.2 GT2 RS (turbo) or a limited edition RS 4.2L (NA)?  I don't know anything more than rumors, but some have suggested these two models will exist, but maybe not a traditional GT3 RS...

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Dario , I am in the same position as you ( minus the official dealer offers ). 

I have two concerns : there could be no 991.2  RS and if there is , that would mean another year , or 18 month waiting for the car ( missing a full season of track )

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

My advice for those who wanted 991.1 GT3 RS but couldn't get one.

Get 991.2 GT3! 

There will be two very special RS models coming. One is 2 and other is 3. But, 3 will be very, very limited and chances to get one will be slim, even for 918 owner. Also, both special RS models will be very expensive,  read above 250K € base price in Germany.

991.2 GT3 will fullfill all petrol head needs, fantastic NA engine, faster then 991.1 GT3 RS in straight and on the track (PDK-S version only). And there will be an manual version for fanatics. Wise ones will get one. Speculators will get special RS models. Rude, but true.

KresoF1:

My advice for those who wanted 991.1 GT3 RS but couldn't get one.

Get 991.2 GT3! 

There will be two very special RS models coming. One is 2 and other is 3. But, 3 will be very, very limited and chances to get one will be slim, even for 918 owner. Also, both special RS models will be very expensive,  read above 250K € base price in Germany.

991.2 GT3 will fullfill all petrol head needs, fantastic NA engine, faster then 991.1 GT3 RS in straight and on the track (PDK-S version only). And there will be an manual version for fanatics. Wise ones will get one. Speculators will get special RS models. Rude, but true.

Thanks Kreso,you make my day,no interest in a .2 GT3 not RS,And not interested in a .2RS at 250k euros.

i will take mine.Smiley

--

This is why I think the premiums people were/are paying for the RS are nuts. As always, a year later, the normal GT3 is the better car. In the RS you just get a bigger wing and a little wider stance. The new GT3 will be better than the old RS if you get PDK and more involving if you get a manual. RS really is just neither here nor there in comparison. $250K is a lot of coin just to say you have an RS.

Kreso. When is the 991.2 GT3 due for deliveries. Do we know ??

noone1:

In the RS you just get a bigger wing and a little wider stance. 

To be fair, you also get more parts in carbon fibre "look" and a Porsche hood crest which is a decal and not emblem. But I am not sure that last feature is a plus Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:
    noone1:

To be fair, you also get more parts in carbon fibre "look" and a Porsche hood crest which is a decal and not emblem. But I am not sure that last feature is a plus Smiley

i would not swap my .1GT3RS for a .2GT3, even if the newer car 'destroys' the older one by meaningless acceleration tests. RS feeling my friends!!!!!!!! also very compliant 21inch rear wheels - even more comfy than the GT3 on bad roads:::))) love the wing on the RS, the GT3 wing looks ... ...contrived and blocks rear vision. the coolness factor of the RS is unbeatable in the porsche range. the GT2RS....hmmmmmmm

pmarkow:
    bluelines:
    noone1:

i would not swap my .1GT3RS for a .2GT3, even if the newer car 'destroys' the older one by meaningless acceleration tests. RS feeling my friends!!!!!!!! also very compliant 21inch rear wheels - even more comfy than the GT3 on bad roads:::))) love the wing on the RS, the GT3 wing looks ... ...

+1Smiley

--

tso:

Kreso. When is the 991.2 GT3 due for deliveries. Do we know ??

First deliveries in Germany June 2017.

Grant, my dealer told me the that be prepared to order the car next summer. He did not discuss specs other than to say manual will be available. He was vague as to whether the GT3 would be 3.8L. He knew I want a RS and had told me he will give me the next allocation for the .1RS. I declined wanting the .2. He did say some 918 owners who also bought a RS probably will be will be turning their RS in about six months.

He never discussed price and Kreso's post indicating the price substantially more than $200,000 (which I guessed would be MSRP) has me concerned. I assume the $250,000 Euro includes VAT but that still puts the car around $225,000 without any options. I may opt for the GT3 if that is the case.Smiley

I can't see paying over $250,000 for a car regardless of how good it is.Smiley

--

To learn how to live is to learn how to hang on. To learn how to die is to learn how to let go.

nberry:

Grant, my dealer told me the that be prepared to order the car next summer. He did not discuss specs other than to say manual will be available. He was vague as to whether the GT3 would be 3.8L. He knew I want a RS and had told me he will give me the next allocation for the .1RS. I declined wanting the .2. He did say some 918 owners who also bought a RS probably will be will be turning their RS in about six months.

He never discussed price and Kreso's post indicating the price substantially more than $200,000 (which I guessed would be MSRP) has me concerned. I assume the $250,000 Euro includes VAT but that still puts the car around $225,000 without any options. I may opt for the GT3 if that is the case.Smiley

I can't see paying over $250,000 for a car regardless of how good it is.Smiley

Back in 2011, 997 GT2 RS was close to $240k plus, I doubt the 991 version will be cheaper.

And this one will be a lot faster than your GT3 (which didn't make sense for your type of driving), so expect to get shot back in your seats if not punched due to boost build up with PDK  Smiley

pmarkow:
    bluelines:
    noone1:

i would not swap my .1GT3RS for a .2GT3, even if the newer car 'destroys' the older one by meaningless acceleration tests. RS feeling my friends!!!!!!!! also very compliant 21inch rear wheels - even more comfy than the GT3 on bad roads:::))) love the wing on the RS, the GT3 wing looks ... ...contrived and blocks rear vision. the coolness factor of the RS is unbeatable in the porsche range. the GT2RS....hmmmmmmm

100% agree and Kreso's comment suggest to me that there will be probably "only a Special RS" comming and not a true successor of the .1 RS. For me there is no reason to buy a .2 GT3 unless one really wants a Manual. A original RS will always be worth more than a GT3. I think any owner of a RS should stick to it until it's known what will happen. Last Thing I heard from Porsche is that the 4.2 did no pass......- but who knows....

surely manual IS the reason for the  .2 GT3, this is the key to enjoyment now and future desirability?

Manual is a technology of the last decade, desirable is very personal choice.

BiTurbo:

Back in 2011, 997 GT2 RS was close to $240k plus, I doubt the 991 version will be cheaper.

Right - but Nick is referring to GT3 RS and even the rare 997 RS 4.0 was "only" $180k (and $50k more than 3.8 RS). 

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Absolutely true

just sense that the enjoyment is derived from involvement and trend is reflected in Porsche re introducing manual which it had anticipated to have phased out.

if you want the fastest, Tesla hyperdrive is probably the quickest

steelested:

just sense that the enjoyment is derived from involvement and trend is reflected in Porsche re introducing manual which it had anticipated to have phased out.

Agree - the Manual is the big attraction for me (and the "hopefully" improved longevity/reliability of the updated 4.0L motor).  I think the PDK people will get something too - very high performance in a car that is somewhat affordable and can be driven daily.

--

Grant:
    BiTurbo:

Right - but Nick is referring to GT3 RS and even the rare 997 RS 4.0 was "only" $180k (and $50k more than 3.8 RS). 

--

I've yet to see a 991 since 2012 + facelift being priced reasonably with tons of *missing* options that need to be checked / squeezed out of your pocket  Smiley

991.2 Turbo S = $188,100 with no limit on production, I don't think the RS will be a tad pricier which will be appealing to a larger audience all thanks to PDK vs leg workout manual in the 911 R that ended up in the wrong hands and are now up for sale at $1M from $185k  Smiley

If Porsche raises the price of the RS in the US from $180,000 to $225,000 they will have to show a great deal of enhancements or options already built in like the GTS.

I don't think you will see the .2GT3 price above $150,000.

--

nberry:

If Porsche raises the price of the RS in the US from $180,000 to $225,000 they will have to show a great deal of enhancements or options already built in like the GTS.

I don't think you will see the .2GT3 price above $150,000.

I'm hoping the GT3 will be in the high $130's before options (less than 7% increase)...

I think a price like $225k or more for an NA RS would be a limited edition with unusual specs (like the rumored Cup Edition, lightweight Cup for the road).

A turbocharged (GT2) RS could easily be more money and have track performance to rival a 918...

--

I'm hoping the GT3 will be in the high $130's before options (less than 7% increase)...

Plus the market adjustment.  Not in every case but it will apply to some of us.....

bvineyards:

Plus the market adjustment.  Not in every case but it will apply to some of us.....

Find a better dealer - maybe outside California...

--

Grant:
    bvineyards:

Well, I am on my dealers list for the 991.2 GT3 with manual transmission. I'm not holding my breathe on a reasonable price. 

--

2014 Porsche 991 C4S Black with Sports Design Package,  2013 Porsche Cayenne Dark Blue Metallic, New York

bobr:
    Grant:
    bvineyards:

Well, I am on my dealers list for the 991.2 GT3 with manual transmission. I'm not holding my breathe on a reasonable price. 

Me too and my dealer confirmed msrp...

--

Grant:
    bobr:
    Grant:
    bvineyards:

Me too and my dealer confirmed msrp...

You guys get these GT'S so cheap, so lucky..Smiley.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760319 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434176 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259905 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257049 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80697 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871068 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806197 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM