Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

About to kill my girlfriend!!!!!

Today I got home from work (Live in London so most of the time on the tube) and found that my "better" half had stolen my baby!
    Normally not a problem, shes done this once or twice already...

Today however I find that my special lady has gone and carved some marks all along the under door part of my real love!!!!! Yes, I now have 2 very deep and obvious scratches along the side of my baby, just under the door.....

Now I had thought about going straight for the axe under my stairs but have taken a moment to chill and am hoping you guys can give me some advice...

Need to get my 2 month old baby "touched" up... No expense spaired... Where is the best place to take her???? Was thinking of calling porsche West London and going for their preferred body shop...

Any advice really appreciated guys

Re: About to kill my girlfriend!!!!!

Sorry to hear that.... but how can you grant her access to your keys?

I forced my girlfriend to drive my Honda Integra a year ago....just to let heer know that a bot more power than her 1.6 liter Seat Leon increases the driving pleasure. She just ruined one of my light alloy wheels while parking alongside the road...leaving her to say by herself that she "will never drive any of my cars again"...... I liked that sentence - oh, yes, I still do.
    I knew why to force her to drive the Integra and not the S2000 I owned back then. The 987 due to be delivered in a months time definitely will be restricted area to her - the drivers side at least.

Sorry about your car Rich. I'm sure your girlfriend feels bad about it.

My wife is a actually a very good driver, and I fully expect her to drive my car as much as she likes. Whenever it gets here... May 30h build date seems so long away.

mcdelaug

To be fair she can drive... shes just not as carefull as me!! And she also wears metal healed high heals (Ive not done that since the scratch on my Gti!!)

I actualy like her driing it, especially with me as the passenger... Its cool to be seen driving the 987, even cooler to be seen drivin in a 987 by a pretty girl!!!!

Still gonna kill her though!!!!

lol sorry to hear man...I guess that relationship is over

Chill out Rich, 987 is only a CAR but girl frined is for keep if she is the ONE!

Quite traumatic, but damage to the pristine showroom paint is going to happen *sometime*... it could have been someone opening a door into the side of it. It isn't going to affect how the car drives, and most people probably wouldn't even notice it if you drove past them. Especially if your GF attracts more attention than the car.

Ultimately I think we worry that damage to the paint is going to affect re-sale. That's like wondering when you're going to get dumped just as soon as you start dating a gorgeous girl! We should just get out and enjoy the cars while we've got them.

Enough philosophical rubbish... I don't know who I'm kidding!

There's been a lot of talk on the 997 side about 'Clear Bra' film protection for the front of the car. I'm trying to decide whether to go that way or not, before I get any chips. I'm hedging towards 'yes'. Any opinions? Is there a 987 kit yet?

Quote:
    RichJ said:And she also wears metal healed high heals (Ive not done that since the scratch on my Gti!!)

So, how hard is it to drive in high-heels then Rich?

Clear Bra

Not for GF, (though that might also help).

>Interesting article about Clear Bra type paint protection film<

Re: Clear Bra

Sorry to hear Rich. Since I don't know any body shops in the UK yet, I would go to West london P, yes, and ask them for a reference. As for your GF, the solution is so obvious I wonder what kept you from seeing it: Go buy her a sportscar of her own, and make sure you get the 3M film AND the body coating on it before it's delivered.

As for the clear bra, does anyone know what the availability is in the UK? Has anyone got it in the UK?

I got the body coating at my dealership which I understand offers some additional protection. It's different from the film though in that it covers the whole car and is not removable. It might also not be quite as resistent to damage. Would be interesting to hear a comparison between the additional coat and the film.

She's dead meat.
    Go to www.cia.gov and the CSI-homepage to read the latest on forensic techniques. Then kill her accordingly.
    Maybe you can use that clear bra 3M coating?
    You can always keep a picture of her for sentimental reasons.
    But you gotta kill her.

Throwing her out just aint enough.
    God knows what other poor sod she might end up with and end up scratching HIS car. Somebody has to stop her serial-scratching reign of terror!
    Should you get caught, I'm sure most judge will be lenient..if it's a male judge.He'll understand, and probably give her a posthumous sentence.

If all this killing and scratch-repairing just stresses you up, remember the old saying: "Kill, relax. Kill, relax".

If you opt to worm out of doing the right thing and decide to keep her, you must take pics of her as she licks the paint back to pristine condition.
    It might take a year, but it beats waking up in a plastic bag in a bottomless lake and finding out you're pretty dead.
    Just a thought.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    She's dead meat.
    Go to www.cia.gov and the CSI-homepage to read the latest on forensic techniques. Then kill her accordingly.
    Maybe you can use that clear bra 3M coating?
    You can always keep a picture of her for sentimental reasons.
    But you gotta kill her.

Throwing her out just aint enough.
    God knows what other poor sod she might end up with and end up scratching HIS car. Somebody has to stop her serial-scratching reign of terror!
    Should you get caught, I'm sure most judge will be lenient..if it's a male judge.He'll understand, and probably give her a posthumous sentence.

If all this killing and scratch-repairing just stresses you up, remember the old saying: "Kill, relax. Kill, relax".

If you opt to worm out of doing the right thing and decide to keep her, you must take pics of her as she licks the paint back to pristine condition.
    It might take a year, but it beats waking up in a plastic bag in a bottomless lake and finding out you're pretty dead.
    Just a thought.

You sure do crack me up Dr P!!!

Actually quite like the idea of making her lick it better! (the car I mean!)

I'm going to take it into Porker West London this weekend and see what they think.. Normally I wouldnt mind, I know its bound to get scratched but this one is a deep un!

sorry to hear that..

Just destroy the second key....

Porsche / Girl Driver= incompatable

God, you lot are pretty intolerant!
    Some girls know how to drive well you know, and they sure know which draw the sharp knives are in...

It's a shame Dilinger that you've never had the pleasure of a girl who can drive it like she stole it. I'm assured it's quite a turn on...

Quote:
    girlracer said:
    It's a shame Dilinger that you've never had the pleasure of a girl who can drive it like she stole it. I'm assured it's quite a turn on...

Anybody got Vikki Butler-Henderson's phone number?

Quote:
    Porsche / Girl Driver= incompatable

You know they would be compatible just fine, but the Porsche R&D department steadfastly refuses to develop a special storage box for the embroidery work and the cosmetics purse. What's a poor girl going to do?

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Anybody got Vikki Butler-Henderson's phone number?

That's the girl - you can send me her phone number by PM if you like I can't compete with a Carrera GT but has she been in the new Boxster?

And has she got a wicked giggle.....

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    That's the girl - you can send me her phone number by PM if you like I can't compete with a Carrera GT but has she been in the new Boxster?

I don't'think her wide a55 will fit into it
    She looks kinda cute in a tomboyish sort of way, but the girl's gotta B-hind like a dumptruck

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    but the girl's gotta B-hind like a dumptruck

You Danes have really got the art of smooth talk sorted haven't you? I just wanted her to show me how to drive fast - after all if one lady in your life is not enough, two is certainly too many! Anyway I hold a heavy goods licence so I am qualified to take her for a test drive

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    I just wanted her to show me how to drive fast
    (...) I am qualified to take her for a test drive

Hmmm...so you're'qualified to take her for at test drive, are you?.. I wonder what kinda test drive you have in mind."
    But of course you straight-arrow Brits are way too polite and civilized to produce thoughts of such impure nature, let alone imply that sweet Vicky would be capable of any gearknob-handling other than the proper one.

But her a55 is still too big for your car. Maybe Tiff or Jeremy can help you out?

The shortest fairy tale ever:

Once upon a time long long ago there was a man asking his girlfriend to become his wife.
    'No' she replied.
    And the man lived happily ever after.

Just sold my Boxster today and that part alone is very sad, but will surely get some toy at a later stage. Anyway back to the topic. I had the car for 18 months and not one single time did my girlfriend drive it. She did not even ask, and had I asked her to drive it she had said no....she knew that I would have contacted the rennteam doc and asked for advise on how to handle that situation

Excellent writing doc, but you better make a line where you mention that you do not take responsability for any events that are just slightly alike what you describe or should I say prescribe...

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    I wonder what kinda test drive you have in mind."

Castle Combe, Thruxton, Brands Hatch, Bedford, Anglesea, Silverstone etc. As you quite rightly suggest, Dr Phil, we Brits are far too cultured to suggest anything improper.

BEDford, definitely..

Yes, probably the best venue... But would I learn anything?

Quote:
    Rami said:
    The shortest fairy tale ever:

Once upon a time long long ago there was a man asking his girlfriend to become his wife.
    'No' she replied.
    And the man lived happily ever after.

WAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
    That's some funny- and true- sh*t!

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Yes, probably the best venue... But would I learn anything?

Take her to a Shell station - maybe she can teach you how to fill her up?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689176 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409013 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255665 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234912 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65485 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857833 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773814 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM