I think this is a truly excellent website. A massive thank you to everyone who runs it or contributes to it making it IMHO the best Porsche discussion forum and source of Porsche info. I've been a member since last year and I've found this site invaluable.

Some of you may know that I currently own a BMW 328i which I plan to replace with my dream Porsche in the hopefully near future. Once I have a clearer idea of my intended order, I'll post it here and I hope that the more knowledgeable people here could then kindly give me their comments/suggestions.

In the meantime, I'm trying to find out more about a few things and I'd be very grateful indeed for your answers/views

1) Does the red deviated stitching have a special code? Is there a different code for each colour? Which colours are available? How much does it cost?
2) Are the standard exhaust pipe tips on the base 997 actually chrome-plated?
3) Would you choose the short shifter? I've seen the thread elsewhere on rennteam where people have discussed it generally but would appreciate any yes/no views.
4) Are the standard seat belts always black or do they match the interior colour scheme?
5) Have people who have chosen the rear centre console in exterior paint colour option noticed from first hand experience that it actually scratches more easily than plastic or leather? Ideally, I like this option but the scratching is my one fear.
6) Simple question I hope: the top of the gear knob which has a picture of the gear positions. When is this black and when is it chrome? Does it match the colour of the instrument dials or is it 997 has black while 997S has chrome? I ask because I might get black instrument dials in a 997S.
7) Is it possible yet to get the Porsche Exclusive centre console storage bin lid with the model logo for the 997?
8) Are there any replacement gear knobs and hand brake levers available yet for the 997?
9) Would you not get the CDC-4 6 disc CD changer just in case an Apple iPod connection becomes available which might use the input socket which the CD autochanger currently uses.
10) Have any of you tried factory collection? Any views?
11) Do anti-theft wheel bolts come as standard?
12) What do you think of the Tequipment aluminium look finish fuel filler cap?
13) Is it important to get the Charge-o-mat II?
14) What is the duration of the Porsche Warranty in Germany?
15) Is there a special code for the aluminium driver's footrest? Any idea of the cost?

I assume bluetooth connectivity and digital DAB radio are not on the horizon yet.

Sorry for the numerous questions. My dealer has not been all that helpful or thorough. It just seems like he is guessing the answers without checking them so I don't feel all that confident in what he says. I think I will be placing my order with a different dealer!

Anyway, thanks very much for any light you can shed on the above.

Regards,
ML