Topspeed:
Carlos from Spain:

I understand you are not happy about it since you are a Hamilton fan, totally understandable and respectable, but nothing dirty about controlling the pace to match your tire degradation and nothing dirty about preventing other drivers to pass you and take your points even if they are faster in that stint.

It's my turn to tell you: you are using excuses! Smiley

Alonso went slower than he should. RB had medium tires and were 3-4s faster per lap(for 20 laps). That ALOT on a 1:20min track.

Alonso is not the most likable driver on the grid and I'm sure after blocking 10+ cars in this race, just for fun, other drivers are not that happy about it.

I am with Carlos on this issue. And I am not remotely close to being a Alonso fan boy. He had gained my respect the last few years however. 

Everyone has their own race strategy, Hamilton has his, and Alonso has his. It's not the first time Alonso the willy old fox managed to hold up Hamilton, see Hungary last year, that track is a lot wider. His experience has taught him how and where to position his car to prevent someone from passing, there is nothing wrong with that, it's racing after all.

Red Bulls are a much faster race car compared to the Alpines, and how they uses tires are also different. There is no comparison with lap times between the Red Bulls and Alpine. Could Alonso go faster? Absolutely, 3-4 seconds faster? Nah. Maybe a couple seconds a lap. But had he done that, his tire could have been gone before the end of the race and he might have lost 7th place. 

Hamilton also never tried to risk his car to do a Verstappen banzai pass either. Just not in him. Could he have forced a pass driving like the young guns? Perhaps. But there is a more than zero chance a collision will happen and the risk of him falling out of the points also. 

--