Quote:
SrfCity said:
Seeing as the Cayenne has been able to give P a boost it will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next while. With gas prices increasing I'm not sure that the Cayenne will see another surge, even with the newly planned restyle. And, with the sports car market being slightly limited, it'll be curious as to the next "big hit" for them, that will be the big money maker? I'd think the 997 line is their current success story. Will it be the sedan that they've been talking about? It appears the Boxster days are sorta gone so I'd doubt that the Cayman will be a runaway hit. Any thoughts?

Regarding the Cayenne I agree with you in particular with the advent of Audi Q7 (7 seater) around the corner it won't help at all.
Cayman on the other hand will have a good run compare to the Boxster.
The money maker I would say would be the 4-door sports sedan. I just hope they'll introduce it before S6 or RS6 becuase price wise it will be higher than the two for sure and performance wise who knows?
I have a feeling that the 4-door will be based on the A6 Chassis and the Cayenne engine (Audi too) which in a way makes it a rebaged Audi with higher price tag; but it will make good money for Porsche if it gets to the market soon enough.