Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
Sounds to me you are just trying to justify yourself becuase you only drive auto's... I bet the F1 is the only way to reach the car's limits in the San Diego streets right? I bet thats why you choose a auto-box

Auto trannies are good for "profesional racing" but there is a difference between whats good for competition and what good for driving pleasure and enjoyment, when you realise that, you will come to the conclusion that there will always be manuals offered as an option becuase they will always have a demand.

Unless you can't drive a clutch, have a health issue like a lowback problem, have to share the car with a significant other that can't drive, plan on competing in motorsports with the car, or simply don't want the car for driving enjoyment and rather for other uses instead like a fashion statements and such... then the manual will always be the choice fo a "street" sportcar.

In the words of your hero, Jeremy Clarkson, about the F1 gearbox: "... better yet if you are a serious driver you can have a proper manual with a clutch pedal. This (F1 gearbox) is really designed for... you know... poseurs, perople who have got carpet wharehouses in Huddersfield so they can show of the the mates at the golf club... "there I've got one of them gearboxes like Michael Scuuumacher""

You can lead a mule to water but you cannot......

So your position is you will buy a car equipped in a way you cannot enjoy the limits of the car? I suggest you go a buy a MB with manual and shift your rear end off.