Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
I had heard about posible problmes with it, but I believe its so useful and added safety (especially if you do lots of constant highspeed driving like I do) if it works that I took my chance with it and ordered it with mine in case it works.
Tires are getting so stiff/sporty and sidewalls so narrow with larger wheels these days that I am not confident about feeling soon enough an underinflation until its too severe, and not only a blown tires at high speed is a risk but also loss of grip in over 200km/h curves. I have had two slow leaks with two of my previous cars and felt it both times, but in one case I was doing 200km/h and by the time I stopped I had scrubbed off the top part of the "michelin" lettering on the sidewall of the tire in the curves I'm glad the tire resisted like a champ (it was the Mich MXX3 with very stiff carcas).
I think tire pressure monitors are a most in these cars and the use we give them, its also good to know when they are heated up by looking at the pressures in hot like Ben says too. Worth taking the chance to see how they work, just hope it does on my 997S.
I'll let you guys know if it does for those that are thinking of getting it in the 997S.

Thanks for the explanation Carlos,
Makes more sense now, I see what Ben was talking about.
Let me know if your works well please,
I have until June to change options!