SciFrog:
Grant:
SciFrog:

I agree with all the above except that it wouldn't have killed Porsche to throw in another 30 to 50 hp in the whole line up like Ferrari did to appease the transition to turbos...

Instead they threw in a whole bunch of torque.  HP levels are mapped to be incremental far into the future - expecting more was unrealistic.

Ferrari did it, why not Porsche?

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich Porsche world...

(I took the liberty to change Abba's song text...)

620 hp, a decent exhaust sound and I would have never given my 991.1 Turbo S away...

Didn't happen for various (gain margin related?) reasons. 

It seems however that Porsche, like many other luxury manufacturers, profits from the low interest rates and the fact that people seem to rather spend their money than to leave it at the bank with no interest, especially in Germany. I know a guy who swore that he will never pay that much money for a Porsche and now he drives one. He already bought a couple of apartments and gold and even a boat and now...a Porsche. He is afraid that money is going to be less worth in a couple of years, so he puts his money into real estate and...fun. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)