amazon:

I also had the opportunity to test drive the Polestar 2 (dual motor 408bhp). I was alone and drove it really hard on empty country roads. The car wasn't equipped with the performance pack (std setup, no ohlin dampers) but had 20 inch wheels.

I agree with your assessment. The ride quality of the polestar 2 is impressive. It does not lean into corners, the steering felt good and the built quality is great. The power was adequate IMHO. I never felt the need to have more power. I even think it would become uncomfortable if it had more power. 

That being said, and I don't have much experience with EVs in general so I guess even the taycan will have the same issue, you really feel the weight of the car when you hit the brakes. The 2 tons of the car suddenly transfer to the front and it's not a pleasant experience. The brakes don't feel strong enough IMO. 

Also, the car feels too planted for its own good. There was some rain and I even encountered some hail. However, the car didn't budge one bit, even under full acceleration. Therefore the car feels a bit lifeless.

The lazy throttle tip in. It's almost like the car is asking are you sure you want more power, then it delivers. And when it delivered, it's just right, not too much not too little. 400hp is spot on for that chassis. Brakes will never be up to Taycan standard, it's not a Porsche. It doesn't have crazy regen capture like the Porsche so all those energy from a heavy EV had to be processed by the physical brakes. In the Taycan the physical brakes literally are just helpers, with up to 0.4g deceleration and 260kW of braking power from the EV motors. 

What I didn't like:

- interior space : the back seats are small and the boot is ridiculous. On the other hand, the driving position is good and I like the fact it feels a bit cramped at the front, much more like in a "sports car". It's no SUV or crossover for sure.

It is a small car, that's why I compared it to like a 3 series. 

- the seats: very uncomfortable IMHO. The seats are way too hard for my liking, especially for a "family car"

The redeeming quality of the firmer seat is that they feel fine for longer drives. And they aren't too supportive however.

- infotainment : not intuitive to say the least ; no apple CarPlay, which is a shame.

Yup, and also there is no shortcut buttons to navigate, literally everything has to start from the home page.

- sound system : very bassy for HK (I may a bit harsh on this one).

Good enough for that price range. 

--