It's an interesting dilema dilinger. I agree that the 997 seems to look better with 19 inch wheels, but I wonder if that's because by far most of the advertising shows the 997 with 19 inch wheels on it. For example, if you were to buy a 996 GT3, what color would you get? Chances are, you're thinking yellow. How 'bout a 996 Turbo - bet you're thinking silver. The image we see most in advertising seems to haunt us and become the most desireable. I know I've fallen prey to this before.

Apart from looks, the standard 997 is basically a 996. There is good agreement that the optimal wheel size for the 996 was 18 for performance. It makes sense that that also would hold true for the standard 997.

Carlos makes an interesting point about PASM and the -20 mm LSD suspension having been designed with 19's in mind. I seriously wonder how much 18's would affect that though.

As an aside, I am really keen to hear comparisons between the standard suspension setup, PASM, and the -20 mm LSD suspension. From what I've heard so far, most folks don't like the sport suspension mode of PASM b/c it's too harsh and stiff. Haven't heard much about the -20 mm, but it's not even available in this part of the world. Classic.

-SB