Whoopsy:

Nick, you are not the only one.

The beauty of a 911, or any other Porsche products, (except the 918, which is out of production anyway) is that they are practical, they have the performance plus the cargo room. Sort of a decathlon athlete.

A 960 is a specialized product that's only good for one thing, and that's basically against Porsche's philosophy.

There is really nothing wrong with a 911 Turbo S against whatever McLaren product or Ferrari or Lamborghini in the same performance bracket. It's holding it's own, and always comes out on top when one factored in everything, not just pure performance. Only thing wrong with it was that it is too perfect.

There is no room to slot in a 960, they had that room before they jacked up the price on the 991, but not anymore. IF it ever come to market, it will be close to 275-300k. That's Ferrari money. Even me one of the biggest fan boy of Porsche don't see Porsche can command Ferrari price.

Depends on the product and how it holds up to the competition. How much did you pay for your 918 again? Smiley

If Porsche wants to be remembered by the Cayenne, Macan and Panamera, be my guest but I am not paying over 200k for a 911 anymore, these times are over. Even the 163k EUR my 991.1 C4 GTS Cab costs aren't worth it, sorry. Yes, the 911 is a fantastic concept and I will always love it but it has been milked too far, time to move on.

I know that the next 911 generation will be a huge improvement over the current one, especially the interior gets the overhaul it needs to badly. Maybe Porsche will give the 911 the performance it needs to stay ahead of the competition or maybe they will introduce another sports car model. In my opinion, the 960 makes tons more sense than the Cayman for example. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)