RC:
ALDO:
KresoF1:

To jump little bit in this thread...

Recently I decided to get more daily usable sportscar and looked at R8 V10, 540C and 991.2 Turbo. What supriesed me the most was the difference in prices. With more or less same options (the ones which are important to me) end prices German wise are:

R8 V10  180.000,00 €

540C      174.000,00 €

991.2 Turbo  190.000,00 €

Big supriese for me. So, 991.2 Turbo is for sure the best one for all year daily usage. But, if it is second car then I am more then sure that it is not any better or more emotional then R8 V10 or 540C. One other interesting remark is that all three have 540hp.

We have talked about this. The 540C is same to a 570s with 30hp less and some options are missing. You can´t go wrong with that car. 

Many are thinking that the 570s has 625hp or even more. Because of some drag race values. I don´t believe in this. The 570s has a very smart LC software. It is crazy with this "tin" tyres what that car can do. But believe me if you take a 650s and 570s and if you drives it the same day on the same roads you will feel the difference. 

I understand that you're a big McLaren fan now Smiley but a good LC setup can only help to start off the car, it doesn't improve acceleration times to 200 or even 300 kph. Also, to be honest: The LC setup sucks, look how even the 650S looses every drag race against a 911 Turbo S or Audi R8 Smiley over the first couple of meters. AWD still trumps any LC setup on a 2WD car. Smiley

Of course a 2wd car has no chance against a 4wd car. But if you take in account that they have tin tyres I found it impressive that the difference on the first few meters isn´t larger. Regardless of being a fan or not. 

I can tell you that full accelerating with the 650s in 2nd gear is shit scaring. If I have to change the gear manually it is nearly not possible not to reach the rev limiter.  I will check it with my friends SV - a rolling start from 40km/h or so.

--

AM