KresoF1:

To jump little bit in this thread...

Recently I decided to get more daily usable sportscar and looked at R8 V10, 540C and 991.2 Turbo. What supriesed me the most was the difference in prices. With more or less same options (the ones which are important to me) end prices German wise are:

R8 V10  180.000,00 €

540C      174.000,00 €

991.2 Turbo  190.000,00 €

Big supriese for me. So, 991.2 Turbo is for sure the best one for all year daily usage. But, if it is second car then I am more then sure that it is not any better or more emotional then R8 V10 or 540C. One other interesting remark is that all three have 540hp.

Careful here: Many think that the R8 V10 is basically a Plus version with less power. This is wrong!

The R8 V10 has the same engine the Plus version has, up to the last bolt, no difference at all, even the part numbers are the same. However, the gearbox has a different gear ratio, so you can't just add the missing 70 horses with a software update. What is even worse though, even if you could manage to get around the different gearbox gear ratio: The R8 V10 has a completely different chassis and dampers setup, the car's setup is very comfortable. AMS tested it and was highly disappointed with this setup for a sports car. Even if people order the Magnetic Ride chassis, the setup is different than the Plus version. Apparently Audi wants to sell the Plus version... Smiley

Also, there are many Audi experience R8 V10 Plus available with low mileage at German dealers, most of them cost around 170k EUR or less and Audi dealers want to move them fast. So if you don't mind buying a used car, you can make a bargain.

The 540C is an unknown factor here...haven't seen any independent review yet.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)