Grant:

Interesting, Eric.  I think Macca and I have few to none of these 100mph corners.  If that is where the aero starts to noticeably help, it may be futile to keep the aero near max downforce settings (and the higher drag that comes with that).

But, I’m first going to try to push the envelope on the faster corners and see what I can achieve with respect to lap times.

Then I’ll return to minimum aero and compare (nice to have video with maximum straight speeds and minimum corner speeds).

It is interesting to experiment (and takes only a few minutes to change settings).  

Even if the 992 does not end up being significantly faster in my hands, I do enjoy driving the 992 more (I hate understeer and the 992 resists it so well).

The nice thing about the active aero on the forthcoming 992 RS is that there is no drag penalty (on the straights) to having max downforce in the corners…

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant, maybe the car's aero does help at lesser speeds  too ,  It could well be just me not feeling it Smiley  But one has to be pretty trained to notice it when going slower and I am not an enough good/frequent driver for that. 

I need corner like Signes at Paul Ricard, or Double Gauche (Pouhon) at Spa, or a the Ring curves like Flugplatz , Schwedenkreuz or when going down Fuchsröhre . There I feel it properly and it gives me confidence. All very fast speeds. It feels, the faster you go, the better the car is ( up to one point I don't want to find out Smiley)

Another bid difference I notice  when I follow a 991.2 GT3 in medium speed corners, or around places like Wippermann at the Ring (many small curves + change of road camber) is that the GT3's ass moves so much more then mine. I have always put that down to the extra width and size of my tire but maybe it is also due to the aero. Don't really now. Makes the GT3 more lively, some like that better.