Quote:
fritz said:
Quote:
Jeff (in SF) said:
Quote:
nberry said:
Additionally, the rational for LOWER speed limits will be the gas crunch/cost.

It all points to bad times ahead for sport car enthusiast who want to enjoy their car in conditions other than doing the speed limit (RAZ capice?). :grin

Uh...ok if you say so.

I don't think lower speed limits are going to solve the energy crisis. Wouldn't you agree it's the gluttony of the SUV craze, including your own Cayenne, that's more at risk with rising gas prices than is the national speed limit?

Maybe, but wasn't the energy crisis resulting from the Middle-East situation used as the "rationale" for introducing the USA's "double nickel" national speed limit back in the 70s?

Aw shxt! I've just caught myself supporting one of Nick's arguments!

Given how "large" most Americans are these days, should be fun watching some of these super-sized people try to fit back into higher MPG Accords/Camrys, etc once gas prices and interest rates reach a level where the typical SUV demographic needs to make tough choices.....

Let's just hope the usually inane politicians don't target speed limits.....I suspect most of the buyers of $100K+ sportscars (that all seem to only manage about 13MPG max, no matter what speed) don't care what gas costs....