Well for one, everyone and their brother knew the 675 LT Spider was coming. Literally everyone. I'd also point out that they said limited to 500, but technically 500 Spiders is fine. Just like the LF is limited to 500 cars, but they now made a bunch of LF Spiders.

They didn't say there would be no better car coming out. 688 HS is not a 675 LT Spider, and it wasn't even for sale publicly. They made 25 of them, they look bad IMO, and were only offered to a few people who spend tons of money with MSO.

All it is, from what I can tell, are some canards, a different spoiler than looks worse, some extra carbon, and some engine binning and probably a single digit in code changed to add a few hp/tq. It's not exactly hard to add 13 hp to a turbo car. 13hp on a 675hp car is the difference between cool and warm weather.

You can actually get 25 friends and call up McLaren and they'll make you a 700 HS is you really want. MSO will build you pretty much anything you want if your checkbook is big enough.

I don't know how someone could buy a $400K car and then be upset about getting the $400K car that they ordered. If 50 owners are upset, why did they buy one in the first place? Why buy a car you're not going to be happy with based on what might come out a little later?