after a 2 months transit time in customs the car finally arrived last week. as I was away on a holiday, I had my first test drive today.

as already mentioned, I had never driven a G before.

the first bend was quite funny.....I was prepared to experience some bending...but was totally unprepared for how much the car actually bends sideways....its a joke really. far worse than I could have dreamed of.

while this sound quite negative, it is actually quite fun.....different to what we have become used to. any Japanese suv has better road handling.

the engine ofcourse is a typical amg masterpiece. great torque and suits the car and gearbox perfectly. the brakes are great and the car does not dive as much as one would expect based on the way it leans into bends.

interior feels quite luxurious in its own kind of way. seats are comfortable. seating position is more pajero than mercededs suv.

based on the 100 km testdrive I had I am very please with the car. its a city cruiser, not an autobahn car.

I was comfortably going 140 km/h but cant see myself going 200 km/h unless the road is low on traffic and very straight.

as a package for someone who has other cars its a very cool add-on.....as a main suv, definitely a no go.

for my purpose it is great and comfortable on our roads. the sound is half the fun.

--
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.