Whoopsy:
kudryavchik:

1. Statistically Ham has the most wins and cups - fact. Does it make him the greatest? No. Best? Maybe among the current driver line up yes, but its arguable. Rosberg won ham in 2016)) Also he has the best car from the company that gained from engine regulations. I will never be tired to repeat, I dont know how merc made the best concept from the beginning, with split turbo and jet injection (when nobody even thought about it. I am 100% sure merc started to work on engine at least half a year and maybe a year earlier than others). So ham had easy 2014, 2015, its a fact. Also lets not forget, there is more races a year now, so it is simplier to get more wins and quali poles on dominating car. Also there is the different points system now. 

No difference than the Schumacher years, or Vettel years, or even Alonso with his back to back with Renault, when they had the tuned mass damper. The best driver on the dominating car wins. 

2. F1 has ALWAYS BEEN pilot champ. Simply look when the drivers cup and constructors cup appeared. Constructors and manufacturers champ is WEC and its predecessors

You might be the only one that thinks that way bud.

Did Formula 1 start by a bunch of race car drivers got together and say lets find some manufacturers to make cars for us? Or a bunch of race car makers got together and find some racers to fill in their cars?  It's the later. Why else would constructors find replacement drivers to continue to earn points if their drivers are hurt, died, or otherwise unavailable? And those points still count towards the overall championship?

3. RB was not the private team. Face it real, it was renault backed team, where renault made the engines for rb specs and rb made the gearbox housing themselves (with xtrac), so they had their own suspension arm mountings. Formally rb is not a manufacturer, but in fact it is in the same position. On Mclaren - wait and see when they start (if it happens) to be the competition to merc)))) engine contract will be finished in 1 day))) Seidl is not a fool, and he clearly understands the the merc engine is needed to be 2nd, but not 1st. To be 1st you need your own engine (or porsche/audi one). Merc engine is a temporary solution to be competitive, but not winning.

This is where you completely lost it. You do realize Renault has their own FACTORY TEAM when Red Bull was getting Renault engines right? Renault isn't a deep pocket car maker, why would they back another team other than their own factory effort? Red Bull bought the Ford backed Stewart Racing way back then, it first ran the Ford for one year, then a Ferrari engine the next, before they got the Renault engine deal. They are a privateer team by all definitions, making their own chassis while sourcing engines from someone else. They aren't a Frank Williams or a Sauber or McLaren type privateer team which replies heavily on sponsor money as they are the one that brings the money via the Red Bull brand, but still works the same way. Come 2022 Red Bull will be doing their own engine, so they would lose their privateer status and join the likes of Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault/Alpine as a factory team. 

4. I dont understand why did you make me Max fan))) but ok. Vet - is a joke and his driving is joke . Kimi - great pilot, but lets make it clear - he raced in alfa for fun. Age.

Max is exactly like Vettel in his early years at Red Bull. Vettel still can drive, yip ou drop him into Max's Red Bull right now, he may not be ultimately as fast as Max, but he can still perform impressively. Plus, you were talking about 'personality', I immediately gives you 2 interesting one. You forgot Vettel's press conferences? He is hyper entertaining, so is Kimi's one word replies. No one else on grid right now gives better interviews than these 2, maybe Norris. Max has this permanent-rage look during press conferences and interviews, it's like he thinks everyone is just wasting his time. Hamilton is all business like without fun. 

P.S. In previous post i was a guy who knows nothing about motorsport, now I am a Max fan. Interesting what will be nextSmiley

You do realize that sentence isn't mutually exclusive right? Like millions out there, one can be a Max fan without knowing much if at all on motorsport. The same ones week in and week out keep shouting Max's driving standard is fine, it's the rules that's wrong. 

Hello, I am back))

No difference than the Schumacher years, or Vettel years, or even Alonso with his back to back with Renault, when they had the tuned mass damper. The best driver on the dominating car wins

Not so easy here. Ferrari domination has started after the years of work under the same regulations, Renault 2 year success started in 2005 under old regulations (every year slight changes but the cars are mostly the same, in 2005 FIA introduced higher front wing to decrease front DF, but these are small changes) when Ferrari had the problem with the tyres and continued in 2006 with 2,4 engine. RB domination started in 2010, which had the same regs mostly as 2009. Merc domination however started with the new regulations and this domination was due to engine. Somehow merc has understood the regs better and introduced the solutions (TJI most important here as it gives great growth in comp ration) nobody in F1 worked before. TJI or, in F1 case so called active jet ignition is a quite complex thing that requires lots of development. There were the same developments in 2014  under the 919 project - like cassette gearbox and highest possible voltage, but it was different champ)) 

You might be the only one that thinks that way bud.

Did Formula 1 start by a bunch of race car drivers got together and say lets find some manufacturers to make cars for us? Or a bunch of race car makers got together and find some racers to fill in their cars?  It's the later. Why else would constructors find replacement drivers to continue to earn points if their drivers are hurt, died, or otherwise unavailable? And those points still count towards the overall championship?

Ohh, 1947-s... Its difficult to say when F1 started its history. Some say 1947, some say 1950, some say late 60-s early 70-s, In 1947 there were the pilots and teams from Italy and England almost without factory support, racing old alfas (and some british shit) from late 30's. Garagistas. But what I know for certain is that the 1st was the pilot cup and constructors cup appeared in late 50's

This is where you completely lost it. You do realize Renault has their own FACTORY TEAM when Red Bull was getting Renault engines right? Renault isn't a deep pocket car maker, why would they back another team other than their own factory effort? Red Bull bought the Ford backed Stewart Racing way back then, it first ran the Ford for one year, then a Ferrari engine the next, before they got the Renault engine deal. They are a privateer team by all definitions, making their own chassis while sourcing engines from someone else. They aren't a Frank Williams or a Sauber or McLaren type privateer team which replies heavily on sponsor money as they are the one that brings the money via the Red Bull brand, but still works the same way. Come 2022 Red Bull will be doing their own engine, so they would lose their privateer status and join the likes of Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault/Alpine as a factory team. 

You see black and white and completely forgotten Infinity logos on RB)) When RB started its domination it was a Renault backed team with the Newey chassis. "Renault isn't a deep pocket car maker" - WTF!!!! Come on... these guys sells the most cars in the world))) If they weren't bothered with their factory team when Infinity Red Bull was winning it doesn't mean they don't have money)))

Max is exactly like Vettel in his early years at Red Bull. Vettel still can drive, yip ou drop him into Max's Red Bull right now, he may not be ultimately as fast as Max, but he can still perform impressively. Plus, you were talking about 'personality', I immediately gives you 2 interesting one. You forgot Vettel's press conferences? He is hyper entertaining, so is Kimi's one word replies. No one else on grid right now gives better interviews than these 2, maybe Norris. Max has this permanent-rage look during press conferences and interviews, it's like he thinks everyone is just wasting his time. Hamilton is all business like without fun. 

Sorry, everything is subjective here. Nothing to comment. What I can say Vet drives shitty now, where he is good - spinning.

You do realize that sentence isn't mutually exclusive right? Like millions out there, one can be a Max fan without knowing much if at all on motorsport. The same ones week in and week out keep shouting Max's driving standard is fine, it's the rules that's wrong. 

Rules are wrong, yes. Too much of them. So?

--

sportcars-history.com