reginos:

I think that if Hamilton and Wolff continue to dwell on the misfortune of the last GP of 2021, they are bound to lose next year too. This loss shouldn't become an obsession and a fixation for Driver and Team alike.

It was a series of fortuitous (not by intention) events after Latifi's crash that led the Title to Verstappen. The race shouldn't be stopped on Lap 52, because after the build-up to the Abu Dhabi showdown, this would seem even more of a joke.

We've seen many things happening in motorsport in the conclusion of a race even on the final lap, like blown engines blown tyres or someone being taken off by another competitor, a bit of rain on the wrong tyre compound etc. etc. What  happened to Hamilton is not unique. For him to win 7 championships means that besides his skills he must have had his share of good luck on several other occasions.

BTW it was a big mistake on behalf of the Mercedes-AMG duo not to attend the FIA event. They showed no respect for the sport they participate in and which has made them rich and famous. Big shame on the two individuals but more on Mercedes as a corporate entity, one of the biggest automotive organizations in the world. If I were the Mercedes CEO I would hand them both a large fine, irrespective of whether or not they should also face disciplinary action by FIA.

I am a fan of Hamilton and I've followed his career since the early days under Ron Dennis, but my thoughts above are besides the point.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Very nice points Reginos! 

--

sportcars-history.com