Markus, I wasn't talking about track performance but performance. From 0-300 kph, even the 570S seems to be much faster than the Turbo S.

Also, quite frankly, I got bored with the typical 911 interior which has improved over time but is kind of lost, design and technology wise, in the last decade. angry

In Germany, the 991.2 Turbo S is in the same price category with the Huracan and 488, so I would expect at least some goodies but especially superior performance. Ferrari gave the 488 a power of 670 hp, this is 100 hp more than it's predecessor. Porsche? The 997 Turbo S had 530 hp, the next generation 30 hp more. Ridiculous. With 100 hp more, the 991 Turbo S would have destroyed the competition. Also, the interior looks outdated, at least they could have introduced some new technology but a 991 Turbo S interior looks almost like a Boxster S interior (had a Boxster S and felt always annoyed by the similar interiors).

The 570S is even cheaper than the 991 Turbo S, there are good lease offers now and McLaren seems to strongly advertise this car. Yes, this is probably a crappy daily driver and in winter time, you probably just look at it but as a weekend toy car, it is perfect and cheaper than the Turbo S.

I still love the Turbo S but the (lack of) sound (exhaust/engine) put me off completely. Add the boring interior and the performance (only at par with competition or worse) to that mix and no thanks. Track performance? Indeed, very nice track car but let's be honest here: When have you been to the track lately...or me for that matter?!

You chose the 991.2 Turbo S cab, which makes much more sense than the coupe but in my opinion, the current engine is done, the sound is boring and the interior feels outdated. Still a great car but if I had the choice, not considering money or my social environment, I would have chosen a Lamborghini Aventador SV or McLaren 675LT. Actually, because of the sound, I think it would have been the Aventador SV.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)