Joost:

Wow, what a season it has been! We've had the title fight we've all been hoping for for such a long time! In my opinion Redbull started the season off better than Mercedes. I found that the past few years, mercedes have been coasting to the championship, and as such they could afford to be very "friendly". Only when being challenged by Red Bull, they have shown their true nature. Max has grown from the brazen brat into this seasoned driver who doesn't shun a dirty trick here and there. I wish he would be a bit more clean, but I think he has grown a lot, considering where he's coming from. It was very frustrating to see Mercedes becoming childish in complaining for example about the pit stop stuff. As a reaction, Red Bull started playing the same games, and it caught up with Mercedes. (This all as experienced by a Max fan, I understand that Lewis fans will have experienced the season a bit different).

As for yesterday's race, I was really bummed with Max's bad start, and I understand his overtake on Lewis. It was a bit of dive bombing, but of course he had to try that. I was bummer by the stuart's ruling, but it was probably fair. Lewis had the far better car and would have deserved to win the race, but I was happy to see the race finish racing, even though the way it was executed was really, really messy. Just happy to see Max didn't need any dirty tricks this time. Red Bull was once more brilliant in strategy, always prepared for the unexpected. All in all I think a deserved championship win.

I'm still surprised by the Mercedes' pace the last three races though, where did that come from? RB gambled on the wing, but that wasn't it. Was it the engine? And if so, did they spend any development tokens on that, cause I have difficulties believing that that huge advantage came out of nothing, by just introducing new engines of the same design...

BTW, I was really impressed with Lewis' post-race interview. It shows what an amazing class act he is. You cannot help but admire him. Absolutely great guy.

Anyway...

+1

well summarized, nothing to add!

Max deserves it same as Lewis, both great drivers