reginos:
macca993:

My 981 GT4 was noisy inside. The rear compartment makes an amplifier for the shock mounts and the engine vibrations. It was tiring on long journeys between the track and one of the few complaints of the car along with the tall gearing, and the rear suspension (on the limit momentarily unloaded). The GT3s I had before and after it I cannot say the same thing...

I wonder why Porsche never thought of installing a vertical rear window behind the seats to separate the cabin from the engine compartment, similar to most other mid-engined cars. This glass could be sliding electrically to allow more or less noise according to what would fit each situation.

I Know that such things add to the manufacturing cost and subsequently to the price, but it would have been worth it.

Remember that you can't start to be more attractive than the 911 otherwise you are going to face trouble...putting a glass at that area would make the Cayman looking like a mini Carrera GT and this is not possible.

Look at all the presentation, they are trying so hard to discredit it against the 911 GT3...the 911 needs to remain the flagship, at least from the marketing side.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014