CGX car nut:
RC:
996FourEss:

It took me a long time to come to the conclusion that Elon is a genius. What he has done with commercial satellite launch vehicles is truly fantastic (what happened to nasa???). I think he is just brilliant and think about the wealth he has created for America, incredible

Of course he is a genius, no doubt. He is also a visionary.

As far as I know, NASA supports SpaceX and Blue Origin, I also think that many former NASA employees are working for Space X and Blue Origin. The cooperation is obvious and wanted. 

NASA became what every company under government control would become: A lame duck (or better said elephant).

The USA should be proud of Tesla/SpaceX, Amazon, Apple, Google and others, not punish them. 

Stated on RT many times before that Musk isn't the genius he is often portrayed.  Instead he has taken the ideas of many and have added his ample financial resources behind it.  He didn't create Tesla and SpaceX is an offshoot of the Planetary Society.  The individuals associated with these two entities did the intellectual heavy lift, Musk just capitalized on their achievements.  SpaceX's current successes, as an example, accumulated because of the leadership of Gwynn Shotwell.  Many of the concepts SpaceX allegedly pioneered were research conducted over 60 years ago at NASA and its predecessor, NACA.  See supersonic retropopulsion and its long history within NASA.   

MAybe. But he has been able to harness the brilliance of others, probably through his own brilliance, like very few others. And that is genius coupled with leadership