Enmanuel:
Porker:

I really don't see a market for these battery powered million dollar cars, but I guess they will be catering to a different public than the old school petrolhead.

Would you say the mayority of Chiron owners are old school petolheads?

More like battery powered EVs, no matter the performance or price tag, is still an disposable item. It can be hyper expensive but it's still disposable as the tech inside is outdated fast, VERY fast.

Remember the Vertu cell phones? They are nothing more than outdated Nokias dressed up nicely with a giant price tag. Pretty much the same as the current hyper expensive EVs. There isn't even collector value in them.

They still sold quite a bit, but it's only to people that wanted to show off. Same deal with people buying million + EVs. It's just a 'for the moment' show off item.

For Rimac at least selling cars is only a side gig, they have their engineering consulting side of the business.

I still like the Chiron, but the last quality I like about the car is the performance. I have been to the factory, watched the craftsman at work, seen first hand the materials used and the effort spent to create the absolute best in fit and finish.

A Chiron is like a Patek Philippe tourbillon watch. The very best from the best manufacturer. 

--