Quote:
Quote:
The purpose of an SUV, in particular, one that cannont offroad still escapes me.

Well, yes! Those are my thoughts exactly! Once you decide to give up on the off-road capability a whole world of design possibilities open up because you now only have to "look" like you might be able to go off-road. So what is the purpose of that?

Maybe it is about more space? We rented a Lincoln Navigator during our US vacation last month and I loved the space and room, especially because we had a lot of luggage and the kid with us.
I didn't care much about the Navigator's Off-Road capabilities, although I'm pretty sure that they're good.

How many Cayenne Turbo owners will actually take their car off-road? I own my ML 55 AMG for almost two years now and it never saw serious off-roading.
The only advantage I see on the off-road capabilities of a SUV like the Cayenne or Navigator is during winter time or when living somewhere in the mountains, having to tow a trailer or if you live in the desert.
I know so many people driving a SUV with off-road capabilities but usually the wife is driving the SUV with the kids and these SUVs never saw off-roading, not even some off-road pavement.

I think the FX45 is a product of a new generation of small SUVs with high power engines but almost non-existant off-road capabilities. And to be serious: if I want to do serious off-roading, I don't use a Cayenne Turbo but a Toyota Landcruiser, Landrover or a Mercedes G-class.