RC:
Leawood911:

Don’t buy an EV if you can’t charge at home. If you can then you will do that 99% of the time and the cost will be a fraction of gas and you will never wait for any charging. It is that simple. The article is total FUD and obviously an EV hit piece. Saying our President agrees when it is pretty clear Joe’s head nods when someone pull a little string is a riot.  Sorry Whoopsy.  Our government has proven it doe not care about a green planet only unions and high gas prices along with free stuff for future vote at our children’s expense. 
I chimed in. My work here is done for now. Hope you enjoyed it. 

The range is my main issue here. 200 km or less are ridiculous.

I could live with 350 km or so but this would require me to adapt my driving style and I won't. 

I mean, c'mon: One weekend drive to the mountains is 150 km and this means I have to charge the car for an hour (at least, depending on available chargers along my route) to be able to get back home. A joke.

Each morning I have 300 miles at my disposal. I guess you are thinking autobahn flat out all the way.  928EA7EF-AD88-46ED-96DB-68FD0F36FDBC.jpegHere is my consumption at 80 mph back from Austin. A little less than 4 miles per kWh with AC blasting and navigate on autopilot running in mad max mode.  
This awesome Performate passed a few minutes ago - I would trade you place for road trips but for an around town car nothing can touch it. Sadly I can’t speak for European electricity cost.