Hmm squared. I could hardly disagree more given my experience. 
For zero dollars I plugged my car into my 240 volt 30 amp dryer outlet off my garage.  
I eventually bought a home charger for $500 to charge at 50 amps but not necessary to be honest.  Once installed it adds value to your home much like any improvement would. 
when I charge at home it cost me 1.25 cents per mile. Period. 99% of the time this is how I charge. No dead head miles. Zero time at a gas pump. No time waiting for charging. 300 miles of range available every morning. 
so let’s pretend gas is $3 per gallon, lol, and you car gets 60 miles to the gallon.  That is 5 cents per mile. 3-4 times as expensive and the ride will be slow. No 3 seconds to 60, sorry, and you are not saving any money on gas. 

Anyway, it is a fabulous example of half truth and outright BS.  It is interesting that car politics can cause even the most left leaning global warming freaks to turn against EVs.  That should tell you much about the true nature of green politics and the truth behind it along with how easy it is to trick people.  They don’t want to clean the world, they just want control and more taxes  

I totally agree supercharging costs more than home charging. Going to find one and then waiting to find one totally sucks but for me this is very rare.  The article makes it sound like this is what you do 100% of the time not 1% of the time.  Another reason though why you should simply not buy an EV if you don’t have a good place to charge it while it is just sitting around. 
Missing from the article are maintenance costs and other factors which also add to ice costs as well. 
Rarely do I see so much FUD in one article.  Seriously  - they took the worst case scenario and tried to pretend this is how people with EVs use their cars.  

You are all welcome!  No need to thank me