Jean:
W8MM:
Jean:

At least you have the OTA function in the US.

In Korea, we don't have that enabled.  Porsche Korea is so lazy, we still don't even have the Porsche app enabled to access the charging information.  I am blind as to how much juice is left in the car after a few days of driving other cars.  

It's been five months since delivery.

I'll speculate that the problem has to do with the selection of and cooperation with a mobile data (LTE) carrier in your country.

I doubt that.  There are only three to choose from.

Tesla, on the other hand, had this worked through before the launch and worked seamlessly from day 1.  

The pitfall of legacy automobile maker trying to copy Silicon Valley?

It's true. You local cellular providers haven't reach an agreement with Porsche yet. They have yet to agree on a fee and terms.

When the 918 was first announced, they haven't reach an agreement with any of our providers, so their remote monitoring stuff only available for the USA and RoW market. When I ordered the car I don't see the onboard communication module listed as standard for Canadian car. I had communicated with Porsche about building my car WITH the module even when the service isn't available. They told me the module will be standard across all the cars and will be listed on the spec sheet once they have an agreement with the service providers. Fast forward to when my car arrives, the Porsche app appears on the App Store and the dealership tech can activate the modem for communication. 

Not pitfall, more like Tesla NEEDS the mobile communication so will pay whatever and agree to whatever demanded by cellular providers, Porsche and other car makers are wiser with their money and negotiations. There is a reason why, backing out government subsidies, a certain car makers have yet to make a profit after almost 19 years. 

--