d997h:
Gnil:
nberry:

Let me put it another way. This is a street car with excellent track performance. What percent of miles put on this car will be on a track? 2%?

I can understand if the car was designed for almost exclusive track work and the intended audience is a professional driver. But its customer base is the average Joe who wants a special car different from the run of the mill 911 which he can enjoy primarily on the city streets. A whale tail sends the wrong message.enlightened

You have a very wrong perception of the RS.

The RS is not designed to be a road car at first. It is made to be the best track tool possible but with the possibility to drive it also on the road. Only with the 991 model (and PDK) did people start buying the RS to cruise boulevards. But that is not the philosophy of this car. 

Maybe it is the case at your local dealer that customers don't track their RS. But generally people track their RS, at least in Europe.  People I know who own RS probably do more miles on the track then off the track.  Many don't even use them on the street. They only use them on track. You very seldom see one driving on the road but when you go to a track day, it is full of RS. I basically don't drive my RS on public roads anymore as it is pretty boring and frustrating. The only time I am on roads is when I drive to/from the track and once and a while I will do an alpine road for fun. 

…in my neighborhood you find exactly the people nberry talks about…so what ??? Who cares Smiley as long as these people have their fun (what ever this means)…l am currently in ltaly for a german Club Cup meeting in Franciacorta on saturday and l fully agree that most RS trackies will bring their car on a trailer and will enjoy the beast on the track…SmileySmiley

I thought the whole point of the RS is you could drive it to the track, not truck it!