Quote:
nberry said:
This study is not very complimentary regarding Porsche. It is now being compared with mass producers of automobiles. Thus it is no longer a specialized or boutique car manufacturer. Also, note the the truly elite brands were not included in the survey. It only confirms what have I believed Porsche. Porsche is now a mainstream (Ford, Saturn, etc.) car.

The final insult to Porsche is that despite MB horrible reputation in the industry for quality, exclusivity, mass production and being part of Chrysler, it still rated higher than Porsche. If I were Porsche management, I would be falling on my sword.

Nick, you are too funny.

I doubt if anyone else who read that article would claim it was uncomplimentary to Porsche.

How often do you beat your wife? Should children who murder their parents be forgiven because they are now orphans? Please brush up on your fallacious arguments Herr Lawyer!

And...once again your red herring battle cry "and they are
now not a small or boutique manufacturer" Cry me a river on that one! Porsche's combined output barely matches Corvettes annual production, wich is pitifully small in the scheme of automaking. The only other smaller manufacturers are Morgan and Lotus. Do you yearn for Malaysian panel beaters with German name tags? Or is their not enough
wood content with fuzzy logic italian electrical bits attached to satiate your desires for "luxury."

I dare say you confuse price with exclusivity and profit with volume. 10,000 911's a year made certainly is small by anyones numbers. If you truly desire to see fewer of them on the roads, Im sure Porsche wouldnt mind you acquiring 90% of their production and hiding them at Hangar 13.