Joost:
Spyderidol:
Boyko23:

Didn’t got anything under the idea of this? Any help? :)

Design hints, performance, place in motorsport…?

Yeah, its a bit confusing. This is my take:

Porsche is adamant ,from time to time, to demonstrate just how committed they are to the "400ppm" religion. They insist on producing product that very few really asked for, and that are essentially marketing/political hype.

Motorsport: There is no motorsport class for this car as yet. Perhaps in the future, but judging from Porsches performance in Formula E, it will get its ass thoroughly whipped.

I think also by developing concepts like these, they can write off certain development costs, or find an "application" for components that were developed, more as a showcase of "this is what's possible, NOW". In addition, it can function as a design guideline for future models.

Also, when performing R&D, you work with a number of TRLs -Technology Readiness Levels. For example the concept of the exoskeleton or the use of flax fibers can be developed at a low level, but before you want to apply it at an industrial scale, you first have to apply it in a near production-ready fullscale prototype. Platforms like these can function as technology carriers for such developments.

Great! As long as it just that, then I'm happy.