Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
The difference is obviuosly there, just like with the Boxster and Boxster S, or the std 996 to the X51 powerkit 996 (does the powerkit not make any difference? its roughly the same performance gain than base997 to 997S), the objective dino torque and HP numbers don't lie but wether some are able to actually feel it or not its subjective and may vary for each person.
Some will notice more the difference than others depending on their driving experience and sensibility, familiarity with the carrera Flat-6 evolution (experience with the 300HP->320/325HP->355HP), driving conditions (difference will be more noticeable on autobahn speeds than on US highway speeds or a 0-60 test), etc.
So when someone says I didn't feel that diffrent or it was like night and day diffrence... I belive them both

I totally agree, on the open roads, it's marginal, but if can stretch to the S price, please be my guest.
However, on the track, it's obvious, at high revs, I could keep up with the basic car on the long straights of Magny Cours, the S version would just leave us for dead, not to speak about the bends too, but it was cheating, it had the 20mm sport suspension
So sum up, in the high revs, the S just flies away.