Quote:
Floren,
The Enzo and CGT are very different cars in their conception, although I still think the GT will give the Enzo a hard time on the track.
Rohrl mentionned in the EVO article they managed to get hold of one in the last part of the GT development.
I think the GT is a polyvalent Enzo really, which is what Porsche is all about, they make cars you can drop your kids at school in the morning, go to the track the whole day, and then go back shopping in heavy traffic in late afternoon
Ferrari are not famous for their interior, it is a small company, and therefore although the materials are top quality, it is not as well put together than Porsche.
But I agree with you, a bit too much plastic in the Porsche IMO but that's purely marketing as you resolve that problem by ordering the large leather pack option (I know, another option )
On the whole, I think you are clearly biased and a bit harsh with Porsche, just look at the facts, an old GT3 is quicker than a 360 round the track (well, the Nordschleife at least with is kind of a benchmark)
And the cab is still a great performer, last WE, I smoked every 355s at Magny Cours and Charade, mostly thanks to breaks!
I was surprised but how poor the Ferraris were at breaking, the 575 was not a surprise (too heavy) but the 360s and 355s were, I would break miles later than them and this is a standard 996 not even on Turbo breaks, the C4S would break even later
So overall, I think Porsches and Ferraris are different, the 996 is more of a complete car whereas the 360 is more beautiful and exclusive.
But the 360 should be compared to the 996 and GT3 and not the Turbo.
Fanch.
As for GT vs Enzo interior comparaison, well, yes, if you like stripped out racing cars interior with screws showing everywhere, then the Enzo is for you, in terms of interior, I personnally prefer, leather, nubuck and a nice Bose sound system

François, you have to remember that at trackdays 80% of the performance is made by the driver, not the vehicle...
And most Ferrari owners drive their cars, even at the track more gently, I for instance find the braking power and efficiency of the Modena exceptionally good even compared with my GT2 with or without PCCBs.This is not true for older models though...
What do you mean by saying that the Modena should be compared to a 996 or GT3 and not the Turbo?
A Modena smokes a regular 996 with same driver (believe me) and a GT3 and Turbo offer similar track performance with an average trackday driver, so I guess I'm missing your point.