Don't get me wrong. I have absolutely nothing against German sportscars or even German engineering.
Porsche (and that's what comes in my mind when you mention German sportscars!) builds absolutely perfect cars. Perhaps they got a little bit too perfect (what means boring), with too emotionless styling and cheap looking interior, but models as the GT3, GT2 and of course the CGT look too me as a tunraround in this philosophy.
But Lamborghini is like Ferrari an ITALIAN sportscar and for me Italian sportscars have to have a better styling and a more unique technique than this Gallardo (have a look at the fabulous Challenge Stradale for example). That really doesn't mean, that they should be a pain to drive or not be usable for everyday driving. Also I don't like a technique, that's not reliable and where always something gets wrong or broken. Ferrari understands, their cars are practical enough but still are so special.
And why? Because they are not influenced (e.g. by Fiat) as Lamborghini is by Audi!