Jean:
Whoopsy:

Problem is, big coupe like that doesn't sell well.

And in a way, the Taycan sedan is already considered by Porsche to be the 'sport car' of the EV side of things.

I think Motor1 is wrong, this will be the new EV Macan. 

The positioning of the headlight does not seem to fit the crossover SUV type.

Why would Porsche mention 70 years of motor sports if this is another SUV?

I think this must be an EV sports car.

EV replacement for the 718 is not due for another few years. Showing a concept in 3 weeks doesn't fit the time line. 

Even a EV replacement for the 918 isn't due to show up in concept form until 2023 or so.

I actually turned down Porsche's invite to visit the Munich show before my Alpine event. Maybe that was a mistake Smiley

Looking up and down Porsche's lineup, there isn't an obvious hole to fill. Successor to the 928 could be one, big that big coupe market doesn't sell, Mercedes only moves a few S coupe a year, and BMW stretched their 8 series to 4 doors also to broaden the market. Even combined those aren't selling in great numbers. Higher up in price that's Bentley territory. 

911 isn't due to be electrified for a long long time. Nor the Cayenne. Taycan is the EV side of the Panamera. The only product that's due for electrification is the Macan. 

But for Porsche, the definition of 'sports car' is debatable, they branded the Taycan as a sports car too. 

Interesting teaser for sure.

--