Quote:
med said:
Hi, great car you have.
Wasn't that a weird experience on Monday a bit like the film 'Gone in 60 seconds' and how unlucky have we been with the weather.
I'm over the moon with the car and I agree it's relatively easy to drive in the weather were having.
I've only done 65 miles but will be traveling north on Friday so should do a few hundred miles.
Are you running-in the car?

Year it was a bit of a surreal experience on Monday night, the missus said we all looked like little kids at Christmas when we were given the keys. Your car looks great by the way, the classic wheels look really good with black, and as for the rear wiper...well what can I say, they must have seen us coming.

I've kind of been running the car in, when I went on the Porsche test drive plus a couple of weeks ago the driving consultant (as he liked to call himself) said that you should take it a little easier but drive it pretty much how you intend to throughout its life, using the full rev range (when fully warmed up) and therefore exposing the engine, gearbox to a full range of operating temps early on. He said hed seen instances of people being too soft on their cars early on, only to suffer problems like excess oil consumption further down the line. I've done about 240 miles now with only 4 cold starts. I've been waiting until the coolant and engine oil are up to operating temp before taking the revs above 3k, but after that I've been generally going up to around 5k and have been to 6-6.5k a few times, the sound is just so addictive.

What kind of run in are you planning?