Each time I change tires I end up buying the Cup2, as I know them well and you can't go wrong with them.

But, a change would be nice. I did have the Dunlops a few times on my previous RS and the curent one came with them. I liked them a lot. Maybe a little bit less grip then the Cup2 but when they loose grip the transition  is very very smooth, quite nice for going to the limits. 

I have nearly bought the Pirelli Trofeo a few times. I think on a wet track they are probably at par with the Cup2. Where it  makes a difference is when traveling under heavy rain on highways. As I drive the RS to the tracks, 650 km to the Ring, 600 to Mugello, 500km to Paul Ricard  etc... I need to be able to '' survive '' under heavy rain with standing water. There the Trofeo would be in those conditions even worst then the Cup2.

Seems I am stuck with yet another run with them. 

I thought maybe with the 992 GT3 there was a new, better version, but seems not.

@Schmoell: Aren't you also supped to run higher tire pressure with the R then with the standard Cup ?

Also, once you have done your 2 or 3 first laps with them, don't they become '' regular '' Cups , as the stickier compound  does not last ?

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS