Yes, I got really lucky with my dealership and car. Between all the memories and photo shoots I would find it exceedingly difficult to give my RS up, despite the fact that it would fetch seriously good money in this current market. I find the proportions and performance of this generation beautifully balanced and the color makes it look so elegant, yet bold. Plus, I love analog gauges and the absence of any and all unnecessary tech.

When we arrived at the dealer that morning I opened the engine lid to release the heat and allow it to cool down so it wouldn't be too hot for the mechanic to work on. I mentioned to my daughter how opening the lid reminded me of my dad who drove beetles most of his life until he couldn't find any good used ones or parts for his car anymore. Being able to see and touch your engine is something so fundamental and the inability to do so is something that I don't understand with the newer 911 generation cars. 

You are correct Joost, it is getting harder and harder to find people who are reliable and who you can trust 100%. A few years back when my car was in for a service my mechanic pointed out and asked me if I was aware of a small crack on the large plastic panel near the engine. When I said no and asked him if he thinks something might have hit it he replied that it couldn't have come from any external impact (so it likely happened while some work was being done and I only ever had work done at my dealer). He ended up ordering a new panel for me and the dealer covered everything even though my car was already out of warranty. A little goes a long way when it comes to a good relationship.

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)