DaveGordon:

Curious - does anyone know anything about the PDK now being offered in the Spyder / GT4?  I am wondering if it is any different from the one in the 4.0 GTS.  

Seems the one complaint about the Spyder / GT4 is that the manual box is way too long, and I am not fussed about stirring the gear lever anyway.  But if the new PDK shares anything with the PDK-S it would be very attractive to me.  The blurb on the website only seems to mention a 'sporty 7th gear' which makes little sense to me unless you adjust the rest of the 'box, too (otherwise what is it?  a second 6th? indecision ).

I guess given that one day the 4RS might get launched, and that ought to have a PDK of some kind, maybe the Spyder/GT4 PDK option is a preview?  The 3 and 3RS share the same PDK-S after all.

Had a look at a PTS one today, very tasty.  Given it took me 1.5 hours to get there it would have been nice if the dealer hadn't locked the keys up though.

I have not been able to find much technical info on the PDK either. My assumption is the PDK is identical for the 4.0 GTS, Spyder and GT4. The box was released at the same time for the three cars. The two GT cars seem to have adopted the GT3 PDK lever which is probably as close to PDK-S as you will come Smiley

I am curious about the PDK in the Spyder too. Most of the reviews seem to conclude that the gearing issue is marginally improved, but that the manual is still the box of choice. It is such a personal choice however that I don't trust those reviews much.

Lastly, this is the wrong forum for anything related to the Boxster / Cayman SmileySmileySmiley

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White